Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

WK1: Colts at Texan Gameday & Discussion

I have never seen such a thing in my life. Bro you were 7 points under dogs, go for the win. This does not set the tone or winning mentality with a young team. Pathetic.

kissed-your-sister.jpg

The ghost of BoB was just hiding in Lovie’s beard this whole time. Pep turtled when it mattered most. The QB stinks. The Lb’ers can’t cover. The Texans deserved to lose this game no question about it. The Colts kicker choked and that saved Lovie’s losers from a total humiliation.

Nothing energizes a fanbase and sells tickets like punting on 4th and 3 at midfield in OT. Oh boy do I want to get me some Texans season tickets now!!! Total vote of non confidence in your player’s ability to win the game.

I actually bought into what the team was selling about believing in Mills as franchise QB. But this is a spoiler alert that they are going QB first round next draft.

If you believe in your QB you go for the win.

Last edited:
A tie sort of describes where we are...

Not so good but not terrible?

This is my takeaway.

The mood of some was that this would be a blow out by the Colts.

This team showed that they are better than what some thought.

They also showed they are green and have areas to grow in.

Most importantly- Mills showed where he needs to grow. Sideline passes and being clutch. He started slow and finished poorly. That can happen with a young player. Let’s hope he grows and improves.

I am planning on giving him a whole season before calling it.

Nothing energizes a fanbase and sells tickets like punting on 4th and 3 at midfield in OT. Oh boy do I want to get me some Texans season tickets now!!! Total vote of non confidence in your players’ ability to win the game.

I actually bought into what the team was selling about believing in Mills as franchise QB. But this is a spoiler alert that they are going QB first round next draft.

If you believe in your QB you go for the win.
At a minimum it was an opportunity to see what he can do. You cannot handcuff him because you are scared. Let him learn and grow.

I’m good with this. Colts missing Darius Shaq. Last season this was Colts 31-3 with the Texans having a good day.

still a lot of issues, no doubt. Don’t have a lot of time to fix them.

On to Denver

For now, I'll live with a tie to start the season (beats the alternative), but I don't ever want to see that crap again. Multiple times to ice that game.. this is where starters basically not playing leading up to the season hurts. We tied, you think we're pissed.. go check out the Colts forum. Frank Riech did some stupid **** in this game, I think his seat is heating up rapidly.

That was a hell of an improvement over last years games with the Colts 31-0 and 31-3. We did great during the 1st 3 quarters, got some work to do in the 4th. 1st game of year two of the rebuild, 9th game Mills started? Give the kid this whole year and then you'll have a body of work to judge him by.
I'm optimistic though. Too many debbie downers on this site, it's like you want him to fail.

Our defense was getting plenty of pressure on Matt Ryan in the first half. Our offensive line and our whole team did well before that that momentum changing play where Mills fumbled the ball.
Exactly. Everybody knows if your QB fumbles the ball the defense isn’t allowed to pressure the opposing offense the rest of the game.

I’m pretty sure it’s grandfathered in the cba

Mills showed where he needs to grow. Sideline passes and being clutch.
True. But two things that seems will always hold Mills back is his pocket presence and his lack of mobility. You're born with that or not. I'm calling not for Mills. Mills is just good enough to play in the league on a losing team. He's not the One.

51418b8b-d6c9-4022-9c8a-6bdc099a58d9_text.gif

Last edited:
Lovie robbed this team of a victory today. He took his foot off of their throats and went ultra conservative. When will they learn you can not play like that.
They were swapping Green with McCray Burkhead with Pierce, OJ & Pharoah, & Chris Moore looked like our #2 receiver.

They’re still figuring things out. I know we think we know. But they did what they thought made sense to them & there were probably good reasons they decided like they did.

But the fight is there. The Colts probably win this division & the Texans aren’t far behind them year 2 of this rebuild.

Back