Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wk 2 around the NFL

Texansballer74

The Marine
sportsuge.net has 28 different stream sites for tonights game.
streameast.xyz has 3 different streams
volokit2.com has 2 different streams
Hopefully it will be about the same for Sunday- good luck!
I’m watching the Chiefs and Chargers game on NFL + right now.

Reactions: JB
Man the Chargers are like us, but just the other side of the coin. They have routinely been one of the most talented teams going all the way back to Brees, Antonio Gates, and L.T. However outside of just a little more playoff success, don't have much more to show for it. That pick 6 was devastating.. Also I'm pretty sure Herbert was slightly concussed in this game.​

Man the Chargers are like us, but just the other side of the coin. They have routinely been one of the most talented teams going all the way back to Brees, Antonio Gates, and L.T. However outside of just a little more playoff success, don't have much more to show for it. That pick 6 was devastating.. Also I'm pretty sure Herbert was slightly concussed in this game.​
Hebert suffered a rib cartilage injury. Hopefully, they do an ultrasound to check the status of his underlying spleen.

Last edited:
For those who didn't see the Bills/Titans game. Here is video of the Bills CB Dane Jackson. Note the dumb classless Titans player who right after the play, with Jackson obviously injured and hardly moving, forcefully shoved and rolled Jackson over..............something you never ever do if there is any possibility of a spinal cord neck injury. :mcnugget:

Bucs DT Akiem Hicks tore the plantar fascia in his foot and is expected to miss a month, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. That seems like a very optimistic prediction............if Hicks wants to stay on the field the rest of the season.

1663710009539.png

When the plantar fascia tightens (shortens), sports activity forces it to try to restretch acutely............leading to tear. Interestingly, there are actually some fibers that connect the posterior plantar aponeurosis (fascia) with the distal Achilles tendon. These two structures are connected not only anatomically, but also functionally. So when the calf muscles tighten (shorten), via the Achilles tendon, it can cause tightening of the plantar fascia...........and vice versa............therefore, affecting both the plantar fascia and the calf muscle/Achilles tendon.

1663710668110.png

Not a great injury for a lineman who requires repeated brutal pushoffs.........commonly against great resistance.

Note the dumb classless Titans player who right after the play, with Jackson obviously injured and hardly moving, forcefully shoved and rolled Jackson over.
That was Burks trying to get his legs out from under him... no way he could have known about the injury

That was Burks trying to get his legs out from under him... no way he could have known about the injury
Burk was facing the play and unless totally blind had to see the hit the neck snap back and that he was not getting up. But besides that, did you see the Bills medical staff handle him when they got to him? :toropalm:

Burk was facing the play and unless totally blind had to see the hit the neck snap back and that he was not getting up
Not wanting to argue but how could he see?
1663716719338.png
And yes I did see how the medical staff handled it

Not wanting to argue but how could he see?
View attachment 10701
And yes I did see how the medical staff handled it
That's not the same angle that he would have seen the play from. He was coming in from behind Jackson and couldn't have missed the snap back.
What position would least be affected by plantar fascia tear?

So is the plantar fascia & t he plantar aponeurosis the same thing, or is aponeurosis a condition of the fascia?
The plantar fascia and plantar aponeurosis is essentially the same thing.

None of the positions are good positions to have the injury. I would have to classify.............potential performance affected........linemen and RBs(worse due to repeated push off against resistance) vs all other positions. It can become a chronic problem.

Also understand that plantar fasciitis commonly leads to plantar fascia tear.

Furthermore, if you look back at my post with the foot pics, note that the plantar fascia/aponeurosis also connects to the big toe............which can lead to turf toe when the fascia tightens.

EDIT:Here is another pic demonstrating the relationship of the plantar fascia and turf toe (Although this a view to the little toe side, the connections are similar to the big toe side):

1663726143280.png

Last edited:
Bucs DT Akiem Hicks tore the plantar fascia in his foot and is expected to miss a month, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. That seems like a very optimistic prediction............if Hicks wants to stay on the field the rest of the season.

View attachment 10698

When the plantar fascia tightens (shortens), sports activity forces it to try to restretch acutely............leading to tear. Interestingly, there are actually some fibers that connect the posterior plantar aponeurosis (fascia) with the distal Achilles tendon. These two structures are connected not only anatomically, but also functionally. So when the calf muscles tighten (shorten), via the Achilles tendon, it can cause tightening of the plantar fascia...........and vice versa............therefore, affecting both the plantar fascia and the calf muscle/Achilles tendon.

View attachment 10699

Not a great injury for a lineman who requires repeated brutal pushoffs.........commonly against great resistance.

Thanks Doc.....nice information to help me understand my plantar fasciitis. I've gotten good relief from a better sport shoe and insert....plus, remembering to execute a complete walk-through movement....heel to toe.

Last edited:
Thanks Doc.....nice information to help me understand my plantar fasciitis. I've gotten good relief from a better sport shoe and insert....plus, remember to execute a complete walk-through movement.
Here is another pic that demonstrates well the distribution of the plantar fascia..............which extends from the heel to the base of each toe (making it's potential role in turf toe clearer}.

1663766966194.png

Back