Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

With Tennessee In Championship Game, How Hot Is O'Brien' Seat VS KC?

How Hot Is O'Brien's Seat vs KC?

• Total voters
Until this afternoons game, he already has.
And Frank Reich did last year. Who cares if you win the division if your division rivals move past you in the playoffs?

I guess I'm weird in that I've changed my mind about O'Brien a lot the past 6 (six!) years. I was proud of him for finally diversifying the offense for Watson (never thought his pride would let him do that). But he reverts back to his inflexibility, like the first half of the Bills game.

Ultimately, for me, he has to win this game, or I'm close to a final thumbs-down on his ability to win past the Divisional Round, even though he has a true franchise QB who has gained the national spotlight.

Since Bill O'Brien's former assistant, Vrabel, has surpassed him and taken the former Oilers to the AFC Championship Game in two years when O'Brien is on his 6th year, is this game in Kansas City do or die for O'Brien's job?

Remember, O'Brien put himself and our Texans in this situation and the Titans in theirs...

Despite a head-to-head tiebreaker over the Chiefs and New England, the Texans ended up seeded behind them by losing to Denver and Tennessee, both at home. If the Texans had played at a mediocre level and beaten Denver, they would have been 11-4 and playing Tennessee in week 17 with a first-round bye on the line. Assuming O'Brien isn't dumb enough to rest players with a bye on the line and we win that final game, we would have ended up 12-4, gained a first-round bye, AND knocked Tennessee completely out of the playoffs.

I'm hoping the Texans beat KC, but I think O'Brien really needs to.

How can the Texans take Obrien serious ? You blow a 24 pt lead less than one quarter . Is this what the fans deserve ? I do not think so. Just because he made the playoffs does not mean that we cant get rid of him. Look at Dallas. They finally made the right descion. Texans want a different result with the same coach well its not going to happen. Has it changed in 6 years ? No. Its time we move on from Obrien. what do you fans think ?

How can the Texans take Obrien serious ? You blow a 24 pt lead less than one quarter . Is this what the fans deserve ? I do not think so. Just because he made the playoffs does not mean that we cant get rid of him. Look at Dallas. They finally made the right descion. Texans want a different result with the same coach well its not going to happen. Has it changed in 6 years ? No. Its time we move on from Obrien. what do you fans think ?

A bit late aren't you?

game is over. OB calling like trash and killed 5 min on the clock and turn over on downs. lost 1/3 time outs trying to punt before going for it. how the heck is he still nfl coach. he is missing something in his head.

Texans have something the Patriots and Ravens don't have: Hopkins, Stills, and Fuller. KC has: Tyreek Hill, Kelce, and Watkins. The Titans' weakness is against Dynamic pass catchers. Whichever team they play, loading up to stop the run...won't help them against those Passing games.

I dunno. Mahomes has 400+ passing yards against us in week 7 and lost. Jackson had 360+ yesterday and lost. It can be done. But it won’t be Texans vs Titans. Sorry guys.

Since Bill O'Brien's former assistant, Vrabel, has surpassed him and taken the former Oilers to the AFC Championship Game in two years when O'Brien is on his 6th year, is this game in Kansas City do or die for O'Brien's job?

Remember, O'Brien put himself and our Texans in this situation and the Titans in theirs...

Despite a head-to-head tiebreaker over the Chiefs and New England, the Texans ended up seeded behind them by losing to Denver and Tennessee, both at home. If the Texans had played at a mediocre level and beaten Denver, they would have been 11-4 and playing Tennessee in week 17 with a first-round bye on the line. Assuming O'Brien isn't dumb enough to rest players with a bye on the line and we win that final game, we would have ended up 12-4, gained a first-round bye, AND knocked Tennessee completely out of the playoffs.

I'm hoping the Texans beat KC, but I think O'Brien really needs to.

No matter what it actually is I'm betting it's not hot enough.

Back