Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will the Texans be as bad as we think?

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
A bad team beating bad teams doesn't make us better nor get us better in draft..
Sigh
That is why I have been so hopeful about trading Watson for High Selections in 2021 and 2022. Moving Watson, tunsil, Roby and Cobb's contracts by 22 will give us breathing room.
A good team getting beat by better teams doesn't make you a bad or average one either.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Everybody sucked besides DW4. Seems to be the theme. Add coaching and play calling to the list

Yet he set records despite everyone sucking around him. He must be a god like pervert in some posters minds.
OT,

What wasn't true, or what didn't you like about my post?

RHU525

Practice Squad
What do you think will be our record and how good/bad do you think we will be?

I love some of the signings and Taylor is likely to start and has been pretty good. The D still needs DBs but more players playing in the right position should help. Plus we do have a preseason this year. I think 7-9 or 8-8 could happen. But it will depend greatly on the D and the new O syncing by around week 4. Past that, it's not going to be pretty.
If Deshauns legal situation gets resolved before the season, we can win 8 games max.

If Deshaun is forced to sit or gets traded I don't see how we win even one game. We have to be the worst team in the league by far. We only won 4 games last year with Deshaun and he had the greatest qb season in Texans history.. now we lost him JJ, and Fuller who you can argue were the 3 best players on a 4 win team. We signed no one worthwhile in free agency and we didn't have a pick until the 3rd round. What am I missing?

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
If Deshauns legal situation gets resolved before the season, we can win 8 games max.

If Deshaun is forced to sit or gets traded I don't see how we win even one game. We have to be the worst team in the league by far. We only won 4 games last year with Deshaun and he had the greatest qb season in Texans history.. now we lost him JJ, and Fuller who you can argue were the 3 best players on a 4 win team. We signed no one worthwhile in free agency and we didn't have a pick until the 3rd round. What am I missing?
He isn't going to play for the Texans person. News is coming out he will sit if he is not traded. Barring jail time or legal issues not tied up by mid season

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
  1. Tyrod Taylor
  2. Brandin Cooks
  3. Phillip Lindsay
  4. Laremy Tunsil
  5. Marcus Cannon
  6. Justin Britt
  7. Lane Taylor
  8. Tytus Howard
  9. Jordan Akins
  10. Kai'imi Fairbane
Britt
Akins
Cobb
Cooks
Cunningham
Fairbairn
Howard
Jenkins
Kirksey
Lawson
Justin Reid
Taylor
Tunsil
Watson
Lindsay

Could start for several other teams. Not all but quite a few.
How many of these cats start on "other teams" is kind irrelevant.

How many of them start on playoff teams ?

I'd say the list is very short ... probably limited to Watson , Reid and Tunsil.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Again I answered the question asked

Maybe I should have quoted the original question rather than your response ....

So here's my question - not specifically to you but anyone who wants to offer an answer :

How many players on this roster would start for the majority of playoff teams ?

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

So here's my question - not specifically to you but anyone who wants to offer an answer :

Cooks and Tunsil.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

around 4-7 rather easily.

Roby
Tunsil
Reid
Cooks
Lawson

and depending on how you feel about Howard and Lindsay I think over half the teams who made the playoffs would probably like to have those 2 guys over what they had.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Roby
Tunsil
Reid
Cooks
Lawson

and depending on how you feel about Howard and Lindsay I think over half the teams who made the playoffs would probably like to have those 2 guys over what they had.
Britt/Taylor have started on playoff teams when not injured. Cannon has started on playoff teams for yrs.

Roby has started on playoff teams and depending on the playoff team Cuñningham could too. Did you see the Browns LB's last year?

Texansballer74

The Marine

Roby
Tunsil
Reid
Cooks
Lawson

Add Kirksey, Howard and Britt.

Lonnie Johnson can also start for a few playoffs teams if coached up.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Britt/Taylor have started on playoff teams when not injured. Cannon has started on playoff teams for yrs.

Roby has started on playoff teams and depending on the playoff team Cuñningham could too. Did you see the Browns LB's last year?
Yeah Cunningham I always forget about him..he’s another guy that could start for the majority of playoff teams.

regardless though, the assertion he’s making is flawed. those teams who made the playoffs don't all have 22 talented, starting caliber players....they just have guys good enough & they let their Uber talented and experienced starters carry those guys. Matthieu in 2019 in that chiefs secondary full of also-rans & rookies. Also I bet no one can name a Rams defensive line starter from their SB team apart from Aaron Donald. TB12 comes in 1st year and takes TB to the SB with largely the same team Winston had the year prior when they went 7-9.

there’s no question that there are a number of players on our current team who could start for the majority of the playoff teams this past year. But folks confuse that with some of us saying this team has enough talent to compete & win...which, no. We’re still lacking the Uber talents to carry the group that’s already in place. Those guys are hard to come by.

Last edited:

Number19

Hall of Fame
Yeah Cunningham I always forget about him..he’s another guy that could start for the majority of playoff teams.

regardless though, the assertion he’s making is flawed. those teams who made the playoffs don't all have 22 talented, starting caliber players....they just have guys good enough & they let their Uber talented and experienced starters carry those guys. Matthieu in 2019 in that chiefs secondary full of also-rans & rookies. Also I bet no one can name a Rams defensive line starter from their SB team apart from Aaron Donald. TB12 comes in 1st year and takes TB to the SB with largely the same team Winston had the year prior when they went 7-9.

there’s no question that there are a number of players on our current team who could start for the majority of the playoff teams this past year. But folks confuse that with some of us saying this team has enough talent to compete & win...which, no. We’re still lacking the Uber talents to carry the group that’s already in place. Those guys are hard to come by.
Of course the Watson fiasco may bring us a goldmine, but disregarding that for the moment, this is precisely why I've been posting my preference of using our first overall pick in 2022 on a defensive lineman to replace Watt.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Of course the Watson fiasco may bring us a goldmine, but disregarding that for the moment, this is precisely why I've been posting my preference of using our first overall pick in 2022 on a defensive lineman to replace Watt.
If everything is done with Watson by say half way they this season, it’s at least probable we’ll have 2 1sts for 2022. You could go both defense and offense then.

Dejaview

All Pro
One latent thought I have is what if any kind of influence DW and Hopkins and even JJ had on the overall psyche of this team. DW and Hopkins to me appeared to be stand -offish and seemed to be playing a game between themselves. OB didn’t help either. I really want to see what this new emphasis on competition brings because I think it’s pretty obvious NC saw a need for a new team culture early on.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG

Roby
Tunsil
Reid
Cooks
Lawson

Even if they are backup guys or an upgrade to the STs. This team is not devoid of talent. Rather it's a sum of good players who we don't know where they will fit until OTAs or TC. Then you may see a sharp spike in who could play and perhaps start for another team. And not just teams like the Jets.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
One latent thought I have is what if any kind of influence DW and Hopkins and even JJ had on the overall psyche of this team. DW and Hopkins to me appeared to be stand -offish and seemed to be playing a game between themselves. OB didn’t help either. I really want to see what this new emphasis on competition brings because I think it’s pretty obvious NC saw a need for a new team culture early on.
That's why I think that someone else knew about what Watson was up to or had an idea. Now some FO staff got fired or quit. Making you wonder if they are the ones who suspected or knew something. If they are not with the team...it looks like we got rid of the "other enablers". Which is a good idea from the powers that be.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That's why I think that someone else knew about what Watson was up to or had an idea. Now some FO staff got fired or quit. Making you wonder if they are the ones who suspected or knew something. If they are not with the team...it looks like we got rid of the "other enablers". Which is a good idea from the powers that be.
I bet Easterby knew.

Rumors are he had a PI following players. If that's the case, he knew. Heck everybody in MGMT probably knew.

When they reported players were being followed by a PI I bet those players were DW4/ Hopkins.

Last edited:

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I bet Easterby knew.

Run.ors are he had a PI following players. If that's the case, he knew. Heck everybody in MGMT probably knew.

When they reported players were being followed by a PI I bet those players were DW4/ Hopkins.
I agree with you 1000000% Easterby was probably watching everything that was going on. And the former player who accused the FO of having players followed is likely Hopkins. But, even now that he is not a Texan. He is not going to go public with it. Seeing he would then shine light on what he was doing. If the Cards were to look, I have a feeling that he was doing something similar. Only difference is that he probably paid the women off. Soon as 1 said they were uncomfortable he paid. Keep in mind Watson was on a rookie deal and Hopkins was making what 40 or something million. I would not be shocked if Hopkins was paying off people for Watson...hence 18 who say he never treated them bad. Watson now has likely paid Hopkins back. And JJ I think found out about it and demanded that they trade or release him before anything "bad" happened. Seeing the current version of JJ (ability wise) is still worth a 3rd round pick. However, he didn't care about what happened to the team he just didn't want tangled in the mess that was coming. Further, the incident that JJ apologized to Watson for the Texans "wasting on of his years" I think he planned it. From a pure teammate standpoint he meant it but from a standpoint of "I will not return you just don't know it yet". He may have known and was saying "don't keep doing this stuff and waste your seasons/life". That seems more like a JJ type comment. Figuring that Watson will get it

Texansballer74

The Marine
Yes a lot of players on that team knew exactly what Watson was doing. I know one in particular that was feeding my homie all the crap that was going on with this team. I use to tell him dude to stop leaking out your family’s business like that.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yes a lot of players on that team knew exactly what Watson was doing. I know one in particular that was feeding my homie all the crap that was going on with this team. I use to tell him dude to stop leaking out your family’s business like that.
So you knew what was going on with DW4 and still supported him?