Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Will the real Jonathan Joseph please stand up

Looks to me it was a single high. JJo just thought he was running with his man on a 9 route or something. If they were in a two deep they'd be in halves. Keo's in dead center of the field.

I, nor anyone, know what the call was on the play. But, I'm sticking with JJo being the one with the MA

Yeah, it's hard to tell from that still.

I can't imagine McCain on Fitzgerald, but if Fitz went into motion & forced that match-up, I can see Jjo being worried about it & trying to do McCain's job & his own.... Looks like Shilo is paying a bit of extra attention to him as well.

But I can't imagine McCain running with Fitzgerald that far from the LoS. If so, that's the best job he's done in two years.

& who's that guy all buy himself at the 30. No, not 17... the other guy at the top of the photo. The guy behind Mays who still thinks it's a run.

Been seeing this question too many times today...

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein
My guess is that he’ll be gone now. RT @PoolManBlake==> do you think JJo may get cut now? Or do they stay as is?

:dontknowa

Been seeing this question too many times today...

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

:dontknowa

SOURCE: Johnathan Joseph Likely To Stay With Texans

Houston (CBS HOUSTON) – The Houston Texans made two big signings on Saturday, bringing back two of their free agents in Derek Newton and Kareem Jackson. With the signings of both of those players, there has been speculation that the Texans might cut Johnathon Joseph, Kareem Jackson’s partner as starting cornerbacks for the Texans.

A source close to the situation has told SportsRadio 610 the feeling is that Joseph will be back with the Texans for 2015. Joseph is a $12.5 million cap hit against the Texans this year and will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2015 season.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/03/07/source-johnathan-joseph-likely-to-stay-with-texans/

Ahh, competing radio station. Cool.

Who uses this
profile.jpg
for your profile pic?
laugh-1.gif

From what Kareem Jackson's contract seems to indicate from what i've been reading, his cap number for the first year is only at around 1 million so we can keep JJo for this coming season. I think we need to draft the replacement this year if we find one we like. If Trae Waynes fell to us somehow, I think we would have to take him.

From what Kareem Jackson's contract seems to indicate from what i've been reading, his cap number for the first year is only at around 1 million so we can keep JJo for this coming season. I think we need to draft the replacement this year if we find one we like. If Trae Waynes fell to us somehow, I think we would have to take him.

No way his cap number can be only 1 million if he got 20 million guaranteed on a 4 year deal

I honestly think we have a few young talented CBs, Bouye IMO can be a every down CB, and he has more straight line speed than KJ from what i see. I say let JoJo walk, we clear more cap, and let Bouye take JoJos spot. and i think Hal is really good depth as well.

No way his cap number can be only 1 million if he got 20 million guaranteed on a 4 year deal

We'll know more later on but that's just what i've seen from a couple of Texan people on Twitter. You're right it seems a little far fetched. But I still think JJo is in the Texans plans for 2015. After that I heavily doubt it.

We'll know more later on but that's just what i've seen from a couple of Texan people on Twitter. You're right it seems a little far fetched. But I still think JJo is in the Texans plans for 2015. After that I heavily doubt it.

What I've seen on twitter is that his base salary next season is $1MM, not cap number this year.

I honestly think we have a few young talented CBs, Bouye IMO can be a every down CB, and he has more straight line speed than KJ from what i see. I say let JoJo walk, we clear more cap, and let Bouye take JoJos spot. and i think Hal is really good depth as well.

No point in clearing cap unless it has a purpose, i.e. to sign someone.

If we cut or trade AJ and cut Jjo, we could go get Maxwell, McCourty and Wilfork... I'd be pumped.

Aren't both Perrish Cox and Culliver UFA? Don't see SF resigning both but stranger things have happened. Those could be tasty second tier CB's.

If we cut or trade AJ and cut Jjo, we could go get Maxwell, McCourty and Wilfork... I'd be pumped.

And I would have to change my undies! JJO needs to restructure/resign a new more cap friendly deal or move on. For what he's making I would rather have Maxwell.

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Joseph and Jackson will be a twosome for 5th consecutive year. That's longer than some marriages.

Johnathan Joseph said today he hasn't been approached bout his contract and doesn't expect to be at this point. This is last year of his deal

Back