Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will Fuller allowed to test free agency

I've liked WR- Nico Collins, Michigan from the get-go. He's got Hopkins speed, Hopkins hands and catch radius but he's a solid 6'-4" @ 216 lbs. I think it could be very possible that within a season he'll become a solid 221-225 lbs with a NFL weight lifting program. Before the Senior Bowl many sites had him in RD4 or RD5. After the Senior Bowl his stock has gone up.....but those fast 4.3 - low 4.4 WR's will go ahead of him. If he's on the board in RD3 (Watson Trade) or RD4, I'd make him a Texan.

I've liked WR- Nico Collins, Michigan from the get-go. He's got Hopkins speed, Hopkins hands and catch radius but he's a solid 6'-4" @ 216 lbs. I think it could be very possible that within a season he'll become a solid 221-225 lbs with a NFL weight lifting program. Before the Senior Bowl many sites had him in RD4 or RD5. After the Senior Bowl his stock has gone up.....but those fast 4.3 - low 4.4 WR's will go ahead of him. If he's on the board in RD3 (Watson Trade) or RD4, I'd make him a Texan.

Give me Terry over Collins in the same range if both are available.

Possibly. What about a young cheap guy like Josh Reynolds from the Rams? He would probably cost 4m. He's a bigger bodied guy and can be an outside wr with Hanson.
I need to revise my earlier statement about Terry being gone < 3rd RD. According to PFF Top 300, Seth Williams is #109 and Terry is #186. That would make Williams a 3rd RDer and Terry a 5th RDer. That said we've hijacked this Fuller thread and should return it to Will and continue this in the 2021 draft thread.

2021 NFL Draft: PFF's Top 300 Big Board | NFL Draft | PFF

Love this guy, he's going to run in the 4.4's.

What rd do you think he goes in?
He's a career 20 ypc guy too. Thats what I look at. Don't tell me Jackson (from Florida) a few yrs back is a 4.3 guy, but avg 12 ypc catch. When those Ohio St guys were coming out, what caught me about McLaren is he was 20 ypc. There is value in that, just like Metcalf coming out of Ole Miss. When guys can run that fast, all they need early are stop, fly,and post routes, thats it. The kid in Pittsburgh, thats all he ran with the limp arm of Big Ben. Wallace and Bryant, thats all they ran early too. Cooks can can run all the routes, Terry can be your 40 yd to goal and fade guy. Keke work the middle with the tight end.

I don't think he fits your 3rd -5th RD window. I'm thinking he will be gone before then.
Jaelon Darden, boys. N. Texas.
He will be an absolute steal.

And I still say that WR Courtland Sutton will be available via trade. He’s coming off an ACL tear, is in his final year of his rookie contract and DEN has drafted a bunch of receiving weapons and won’t prioritize him due to their cap and other
positional issues. He’s become a luxury they probably can’t afford.

Jaelon Darden, boys. N. Texas.
He will be an absolute steal.

And I still say that WR Courtland Sutton will be available via trade. He’s coming off an ACL tear, is in his final year of his rookie contract and DEN has drafted a bunch of receiving weapons and won’t prioritize him due to their cap and other
positional issues. He’s become a luxury they probably can’t afford.

Love Darden

IMO it's a mistake to let Fuller test FA. I expect he will get a nice offer and we won't be able to match it. Ends up losing one of the most explosive receivers in the league. Yes, there are injury issues, but he is still highly productive even with that.

Reactions: JB
IMO it's a mistake to let Fuller test FA. I expect he will get a nice offer and we won't be able to match it. Ends up losing one of the most explosive receivers in the league. Yes, there are injury issues, but he is still highly productive even with that.
He sure didn't do himself any favors by getting busted for PEDs in a contract year when he already has injury issues. It looks like the WR FA pool has Fuller, Kenny Golladay, TY Hilton, Golden Tate, John Ross and JuJu Smith-Schuster.

This draft class is stacked with WR's.....teams won't pay stupid money (Fanchchise Tag Type) for the uncertainty of Fuller. Fuller might better prepare himself for a Prove-It type of deal. If Fuller thinks he can perform at a high-end and do it for a full season, I'd advise him to sign a 1 year deal and hope a big turnaround season gets me the long-term contract I'm looking for.

If I'm Fuller, I'm taking the best long term deal offered. No way would I sign a 1 year prove it deal. It's in his interest to get as much guaranteed money as possible due to his injury history. Now whether he'll get it is a whole other matter. With the franchise tag placed on Allen Robinson and Chris Godwin, Fuller is in my opinion the third best free agent WR, behind Kenny Golladay, and JuJu Smith-Schuster . All that said, I don't think he's a Texan, especially in a rebuilding year.

A bright spot to a 1 year deal is that it's just a terrible year to be a free agent. There will be more money available for mid to low tier players next year. (I would rate Fuller as a high tier player, just not elite)

Back