Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will anyone do a play-by-play analysis of the New England game?

Hannah hopes you're right.

Despite what some have said Stroud did make a bad read. Shocking that would happen in a rookie QB first game. The excuses being made are so predictable. He will get better, how much better and more importantly because I think Caserio and Ryans have put together a playoff caliber team this year, is how quickly can Stroud get up to speed on the NFL game? BTW, this won't be the last time Stroud makes bad reads, hopefully he can limit the number of bad reads.

I admit to being too emotionally invested in CJ's success or lack thereof. Maybe that's part of what being a fan is about.

I admit to being too emotionally invested in CJ's success or lack thereof. Maybe that's part of what being a fan is about.
As long as you can criticize when it's warranted, there is nothing wrong with that. Whether it's a college recruit or NFL draft pick. When a player signs with your favorite team, you root for them, you hope for the best, they are now on your favorite team and if they perform well, your team wins. That's part of being a fan.

You have to balance the emotional investment and optimism with valid and realistic criticism and expectations.

As long as you can criticize when it's warranted, there is nothing wrong with that. Whether it's a college recruit or NFL draft pick. When a player signs with your favorite team, you root for them, you hope for the best, they are now on your favorite team and if they perform well, your team wins. That's part of being a fan.

You have to balance the emotional investment and optimism with valid and realistic criticism and expectations.
I always remember my BIL shaking his head when Warren Moon threw an Int, especially in critical situations.

I told you so was what he meant to say (as I was trying to be positive and rooting for the team).

When I was younger, I was among the people who hardly seat down at the game.
I did try to be polite so that people behind me can watch the plays.
But in between, no siree, I ain't sitting down.

I always remember my BIL shaking his head when Warren Moon threw an Int, especially in critical situations.

I told you so was what he meant to say (as I was trying to be positive and rooting for the team).

When I was younger, I was among the people who hardly seat down at the game.
I did try to be polite so that people behind me can watch the plays.
But in between, no siree, I ain't sitting down.
Who is BIL?

I remember when I was in my teens and twenties attending Ohio State games at night. My friends and I would get all liquored up before the game and then scream as loud as we could when the other team's offense was trying to operate. We once had an elderly fan in front of us ask us to tone it down. LOL. Not a chance! She was probably one of those "fans" that went with her husband and only cared about seeing the band play at halftime.

If it were my decision, Keenum would be the starter for now with CJ being #2 or maybe even #3 getting his snaps against the other teams backups and dudes fighting for the tail end of the roster just to build some confidence.
I don't see Stroud lacking in confidence. I see a rookie QB that needs more reps to get a feel for the speed of an NFL game. Just like the other rookie QBs that played this weekend. It's the process that's been going on for decades.

I don't see Stroud lacking in confidence. I see a rookie QB that needs more reps to get a feel for the speed of an NFL game. Just like the other rookie QBs that played this weekend. It's the process that's been going on for decades.
Nah he needs to be playing with the 3s and fringe NFL players to build confidence.

Nothing builds confidence like being heavily demoted and getting your practice snaps cut.

(obviously I'm being tongue in cheek here)

Back