Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Why?

Rosusu

Rookie
I don't mind that every single sports newspaper/website is saying how Manning had such a big day, because he did. I just read the game summary on sportline and they fail to mention that we had two picks in the game. Same thing last night during sunday night football. They showed all the stats and Manning won player of the day, but they didnt show that he had 2 ints, they just showed the 300+ yards and 5 tds. Just something I noticed.

Probably because the five td's had a significant bearing on the outcome of the game and the 2 int's did not have any impact on the outcome of the game. It's not all that unusual for a qb to throw to int's in a game, but highly unusual to throw 5 td's. 5 td's = news, 1 int's = no big deal,

I saw a comparison to Marino's big season, and they mentioned INT's. Manning has 6 at the halfway point while Marino had 8.

The bigger stat is 31 freakin' TD's after 9 games!! Holy cow. Manning is one of the best in the NFL...why o why does he have to be in our division for the next umpteen years?!?!

TexansTrueFan said:
manning s*cks BIG TIME !!!!! We'll get him back ! And those int were in trash time so it didnt matter ! But i hate him !
I like your style TrueFan. I remember (eons ago), when I played and if we got
beat bad and they continued to try to run the score up, it caused real deep
resentment. Probably not hate, but I'd get real resentful. I hope the Texans have already marked their calendar for that repeat game here in Houston. I
think the Colts coaches were real foolish to let that happen - they may regret it later this year.

Agreed, even the announcers were saying that when the game is already won there is no need to taunt and score more td's just to rub it in the loser's face. We will remember when they visit our loud stadium. I'm a big fan of manning/colts, but this game soured me a bit. But I'm a bigger fan of Carr and our texans.
who needs a horsie, when you have a CARR!

Vinny said:
Two int's are not real impressive when you give up 50 points.

I agree to an extent. But when the guy has 26 TD's and 4 ints, and you tack on 2 more in one game, thats a big deal. It shows that Manning is as close to a mistake free QB as you can have.

But I see where you are coming from.

Back