Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Why Mario Williams is a Texan and not Bush

I think the Saints would be less successful without Deuce. Deuce has made it possible for Reggie to help the Saints be successful. It's similar to Reggie and Lendale at USC.

I was told the Texans were paid MILLIONS to not draft Reggie Bush by the Saints. Enough millions to pay Mario Williams:piano:

I heard that the Titans, Colts, and Jaguars all chipped in together and paid the Texans to extend Carr's contract and retain him as the starter for another 3 years.

:tease:

Ha HA AHAHA this is a good threat, Houston wanted all of the ingrates out of Houston so sacrificed RB in the draft.... to me that seems like a very small price to pay for the security we have

I've heard all the rumors about why the Texans did not take Bush, and the one that makes the most sense to me is that Bush looked McNair in the eye and told him he did not take any money in college, and he knew nothing about how his mom got that house, but McNair knew the truth, and knew Bush was lying to him, and told his people to take Mario.
Just my opinion, of course.

So if that's true that he was paid not to draft reggie bush, was he also paid not to draft Vince Young?

Sorry, I don't buy that he was paid not to draft him.

So if that's true that he was paid not to draft reggie bush, was he also paid not to draft Vince Young?

Sorry, I don't buy that he was paid not to draft him.

I don't think drafting VY was ever a serious option to anyone but fans of UT. I was shocked he went as high as he did; he was the least polished of the first round QB's. I figured Leinart was going to go to the Titans and then VY would drop to the Raiders or Cardinals. But I never thought I'd see VY in a Texans uni (and didn't want to see him in a Texans uniform, for that matter). In hindsight, I think he would have been better than what we ended up with but going into the season, I didn't expect him to play this well this quickly.

And I don't think McNair was paid to not draft Bush. I think the Bush non-pick was more a matter of character and a matter of need. I don't think Kubiak really wanted to design an offense around getting Bush the ball in new and creative ways (like Payton has done in NO). I think Kubes has a system he wants to implement and I don't think he saw Bush fitting into that system.

Back