Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Why is Peyton Manning throwing still?

PSL for life

Practice Squad
Why is he still on the field throwing the ball? And when you get a chance on a PIC someone needs to take his head off. Overall the worst day in Texan's history. How embarrassing.

there is 10:31 42-7 and Manning is throwing. one of those Texans needs to lay a hit on him. this is just too disrespectful. good job for Peek picking him. but if he comes in, and keeps throwing, i'm sorry but he deserves a cheap shot to take him out. you disrespect the Texans, we disrespect you.

i don't think ya'll get it. i know the Texans stunk it up, but this isn't college football. this just shows no class on the colts part. there's liek 4 minutes left and manning is throwing bombs. i don't care how bad we played, it's about respect. don't go jumping on me. i watched the game, i saw the Texans tink it up.

Too bad we don't deserve respect but you're right that is NO class on the part of the Colts. Something that will come back to bite them hopefully in the form of an injury 12/12 at Reliant.

This is totally unsportsmanlike! This is one classless orginization and the fans are as well. I can't believe they're doing this. You've got a RB like James, it's 3rd and short, just run out the clock! NO CLASS WHATSOEVER! I can't believe a respectable coach like Dungy would do this. I hope Manning gets his lights knocked out of him. I understand when you've got a full quarter left to play (anything can happen in football), but once you're at eh 5 min mark, it's time to pack you're bags and go him.

I've always hated that guy - ever since he stayed around at Tenn. to try and get the Heisman and then cried (yes cried) at the ceremony when didn't get it. He's a wuss - great QB but a cry baby, daddy's boy, spoiled wus.

if I were a colts fan and came on here. I'd think we have a bunch of crybabies(no disrespect to yall).. but the fact is.. the colts are running their offense.. we can't stop it today. that is the bottom line.. yes I am suprised that manning is still in.. I guess the people in the stands and on TV are getting their moneys worth.. they are seeing the stars play... (and on the same argument why is CARR still in the game?) .... The Colts showed up.. WE didn't ..that is the bottom line.

Call it crying, whining, hurt feelings whatever....No, there is no excuse for losing so badly but at some point and time you show a little respect and class knowing that there's no possible comeback situation by the other team and run the clock down. To steadily shoot for touchdowns after being up by 35 points is beyond rubbing it in, it's childish and a complete lack of class. It is what it is and no matter how you slice it the better team won today, but any small bit of respect I had for the Colts is gone. Take it how ya want or call it what you want but you would have to be a completely naive, ignorant person not to see what they were doing, regardless of how ticked off at our team for not showing up, again, today.

PSL for life said:
Why is he still on the field throwing the ball? And when you get a chance on a PIC someone needs to take his head off. Overall the worst day in Texan's history. How embarrassing.

Why was Carr still in the game? Star Power

These are pros on the field.. this isn't Oklahoma versus Angelo State in college football.. .If we would have been up by 35 .. people would be screaming that our offense is unstoppable and we are a superior team.. Colts are are a passing team.. they ran their offense. If we would have came back and won everybody would be in hog heaven.. I know that not every team comes back but it can happen.
http://www.buffalobills.com/history/AFCWildCardPlayoff.jsp

beerlover said:
Why was Carr still in the game? Star Power

exactly... we still had our best players in the game... as much as I hate a blowout like this.. the game is being played.. It should have showed the Texan players that 2 weeks in a row.. the playoff word was used.. and 2 weeks in a row it showed how far we have to go

its ok, but now they have to come to Houston and play. Hopefully we show up and but Manning on his ***. If you show someone up, then expect to pay the price.

What goes around comes around, one day the Texans will beat the Colts, just like they beat the Titans. Then who will be laughing?

We can talk all we want about how the Colts kept throwing and showed the Texans "no respect" but can anyone show me anything on that field wearing a Texans uniform that deserves any respect from the Colts? They completely owned us in every aspect of the game.

He was still throwing because he could. We did nothing to stop him. He wanted to break Dan Marino's TD record on this game and if he played today's Texans a few more quarters, he would get the record. He only needs around 15+- more td passes. My question is why did our defense allow him to throw this much?

I'm glad they kept Manning in the game and he kept passing. We need all the practice we can get on defense. I would be really embarrased if Sorgi was put in and he torched us also.

Bottom line you dont try to run the score up once the game is won....That was very weak on the part of the Colts.....I would have sent a headhunter in the game and take him out......period!.Say what you will,but that was pathetic.Our team looked pathetic,but trying to throw the ball...up by that many points was very much like a slap in the face.I will be in the north endzone against the Packers...I hope I can make it to the rematch at our house....should be a bloodbath.

Txnpride said:
Bottom line you dont try to run the score up once the game is won....That was very weak on the part of the Colts.....I would have sent a headhunter in the game and take him out......period!
I disagree completely. You don't stop playing the game. You don't want Indy running up the score?? Try playing some freaking defense. The only thing I saw wrong with it is that if I were Dungy, I would at least had the 2nd team in there getting some snaps.

I hate to say this, but if you want a QB to stop throwing and disrespecting you, then you need to stop him. Its like TO says. If you don't want me dancing in the endzone(disrespect) then stop me. The Colts and their fans were having fun. The Texans did not do their job. :bag:

You guys seem to forget that untill this game Colts D has done nothing for them, colapsing, giving up leads, etc. Just last week, it looked like they had the Vikings game in controll and then bam - they were tied.

I don't mind the fact that the Colts threw it. It's how they threw it. They were throwing 40 yard bombs still late in the 4th. One was on a 3rd and 1 play. If it were 3rd and 10, and the htrow a 15-20 routes to get a 1st and maintain possesion I under stand. But, 40 and 50 yard heaves are obviously intended to score TD's. I mean c'mon, that's why there is a kneel down play at the end of the game. When you have the game won, just get it over with.

It wasn't the fact that they came to play...the game was over and they were still trying for the Long ball.....that is a time when you should just run the ball right, run the ball left, run the ball up the middle but not throwing a bomb down the right side to try to add to the beating...IT JUST SHOWS the Class of the Colts....NONE!!!! In some ways I am glad they did it because it woke up our team but I wish they would have been up about 2 1/2 hours earlier...when the game started. It was the worst game I have seen our team play in our history. We couldn't do anything right. Special teams, O~Line, DB's...everyone. It will be a long week but I hope our great fans in Houston show up on Sunday Night and take a step in the right direction. This was the second time in a row we were whipping boys and that has to stop because we will be at HOME!!!

GET UP HOUSTON FANS and LET THEM HEAR YOU!!!! I know it mades a difference because it was great to see our fans at the Astros game during the NLCS...Second greatest sporting event I have attended in my life...NO. 1!!! you ask...TEXANS 19-Cowboys 10!!!!

Anyway, hope everyone has a safe holiday season.

Geaux TEXANS, TIGERS and ROCKETS!

James H.
Baton Rouge, LA

I think it was good he kept throwing the ball, sure it showed no class but this will leave a bad taste in the mouth of the texans. The next time they meet I'm sure our D will be amped up and ready to prove they're no pushovers... :boxing:

PSL for life said:

But greed will be the downfall, when up by a bunch, they should bring in 2nd string. Just wait, somebody will get him, I was so thrilled when Pey Pey got sacked....

yes, I am upset that we lost.. but like baseball. you don't stop swinging the bat just because you are ahead..If we would have been up by 35 ...everybody's tune would be different if we kept passing ...it would be "we kept trying to keep the ball"

Hervoyel said:
We can talk all we want about how the Colts kept throwing and showed the Texans "no respect" but can anyone show me anything on that field wearing a Texans uniform that deserves any respect from the Colts? They completely owned us in every aspect of the game.

Ok even the sports broadcasters covering the game said that the colts and peyton manning have no class, with under 5 min left and manning is still trying to throw the long ball. It will come back to bit them when manning goes down IN HOUSTON the back up comes in and hmmmmm has no playing time NO experience ! Scr*w the colts IT WAS A LACK OF RESPECT, on the coaches, PLAYERS and the organization !

Wolf said:
but like baseball. you don't stop swinging the bat just because you are ahead..If we would have been up by 35
Baseball is not a time based sport and the impact of running out the clock is like apples and oranges when you compare it to baseball. A better comparision would be to the classiness of the two sports, which is what the jist of this argument is about. If the Astros were up 18-2 and Bagwell just hit home run and pumped his fist in the air, walked around the bases, and celebrated once he touched home plate, then that would classless. Same goes for Manning trying to pad his stats by going for a deep long bomb pass when all they had to do was kill the clock and end the game, not showboat and expand their chests.

Although I am glad that they did it because it is going to be revenge time when they come to Houston. Gives them a little more extra incentive.

Wolf said:
yes, I am upset that we lost.. but like baseball. you don't stop swinging the bat just because you are ahead..If we would have been up by 35 ...everybody's tune would be different if we kept passing ...it would be "we kept trying to keep the ball"

For me I wasn't so much irritated by him continuing to throw the ball as I was by the fact that he was STILL IN THE GAME ......

Keep your opponent out of the endzone a few times and you don't have to whine about someone dissing you or running it up.

I think he was still throwing because he wants to break Dan Marino's TDs for a season record. He (or his daddy) wants to be in the record books as one of the greatest, and since he can't seem to win the big one (college or pro), he has to go after QB records.

Also he could be going after the QB rating record, and with the INTs he threw, He had to up his TDs and yardage to keep the rating high (especially with Culpepper right behind him). :hmmm:

chuckm said:
For me I wasn't so much irritated by him continuing to throw the ball as I was by the fact that he was STILL IN THE GAME ......

I still keep thinking that no matter how annoying it was for him to keep throwing the ball I'm more ticked off that we kept giving up the big plays. Just once I'd have liked to seen the Texans rush 8 and have the first one there see how far a Manning could be sunk into the concrete underneath that astroturf. I don't get it, I really don't get it. The Texans were getting roasted alive by him anyway, go ahead and blitz him into a coma or a collapsed lung or something.

Not seriously of course but there was no reason I could see not to at least show the Colts that if they kept him out there doing that they were going to jeapordize the rest of their season over meaningless points.

profan said:
He wanted to break Dan Marino's TD record on this game and if he played today's Texans a few more quarters, he would get the record.

Yep, pretty much sums up my take on it.

Hope this buttwhooping sinks in to the team and they actually do something the next time we play the Colts. They did not seem to really care that Manning was going for personal glory and records, and they did not get fired up about it.

Hey, if our players could give a ****, then why should I?

If our team takes the "so what" attitude, then why should I get all emotional over it?

Why should I be proud of a team that shows no indication of pride in itself?

I'm not direspecting the team or bandwagoning (I'll always be a Texans fan, thick or thin), but rather I'm just stating the obvious. Our team acted like it did not matter to them at all.

I guess it's just a game. idonno:

The Texans were stacking the box with 8 men. That is the reason Payton kept throwing the dang ball. And if we would have played football up until that point it would have been a perfectly normal and reasonably sound decision on his part. Big deal they had a substantial lead. This entire argument about classy or not is just plain NOT CLASSY. Manning and his team were payed to play their best game, they did. From start to finish. The real question here is why didn't the Texans? Not whether or not another TD mattered one way or the other.

8 men in the box, against the run, of course ANY QB in the league is going to be throwing the ball. Or eating it for a sack lunch.

thegr8fan said:
8 men in the box, against the run, of course ANY QB in the league is going to be throwing the ball. Or eating it for a sack lunch.
No you are wrong. You don't try to run up the score knowing full well the game is over. With a substantial lead like that a team is going to run out the clock and not show up their opponent. I really don't see any other QB doing that. A coach is going to run a big set to keep pounding the ball. This is just plain showboating, even the announcers thought so.

My thinking is the Colts thought they were practicing against their 3rd stringers since that's basically the way the Texans were playing.

Or maybe they were confused and thought pro football was under the BCS system as are the colleges.

These guys are pros. They'll forget about it until they play them next time and maybe the situation will be reversed. If they are still worrying about it today the Packers will come in here and score at will also.

well for one it could help against tie breakers. points scored for and against and margin of victory over common opponents. Since the colts and Chargers could end up with the same record these things may come in as a factor. The Chargers and colts are the top 2 scoring teams in the league so if running it up helps their chances to get into the playoffs i say go for it

How can you guys complain about "running up the score" when colts offence scored 0 points in forth quarter? It's like complaining about the rain on a sunny day.

Because luckinly Harrison didn't catch that long pass. I didn't seem Donovan McNabb and company roll it up on the Cowboys in their blowout. The ran the ball to kill the clock.

siconik said:
How can you guys complain about "running up the score" when colts offence scored 0 points in forth quarter? It's like complaining about the rain on a sunny day.

They scored seven in the fourth. Oh yeah, our offense scored for you. Doh!

Back