Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

why does it take sooooooooo long

gwalke

Practice Squad
why does it take so long for the texans to announce the unrestricted free agents.... i figure they start makin calls as soon as the draft is over... but other teams seem to jump on them within two days of the draft some teams put out list of 5- 20 players they have signed or will sign if they pass the physicals,,,,,,, players like dl childress and kelly would seem like a good fit .... de uyi osunde might might have made a good outside lb, cb gay from lsu could have some cover skills.... all have been signed by other teams....... when does our list come out?

I suspect the Texans like their young players more than some of us do. They have a core of young talent that is developing over a 3 year plan. I think that many of these young guys we have been watching grow are starting to reach maturity. As fans we just want to see "names" at times, but to be honest most of these guys weren't drafted because they likely won't beat out existing NFL players. Players like we have already.

yeah i know that we already have some young devlopmental players but with the expanded roster there is a greater chance to pick a diamond in the rough.. orr is a prime example of that from last year..... one of our problems from last year was lack of depth and thats due to houston being such a young team...... i just figure the more players you look at the more quality players end up on your final roster

Yeah, I don't disagree on balance. The Texans have always kept a low profile in this area of roster development. I really do not have a good answer on this one.

Here is one potential theory that really makes sense to me. The roster has so many "projects" already that need more reps than the average player during minicamps and training camp. If we add a ton of rookie FA's to the mix, then we take more plays and coaching time away from the existing projects. Teams like Denver don't have nearly as many projects, so they have the option of bringing a ton of guys in to look for diamond's in the rough.

That is true. We have alot of guys on our team that we are hoping will come around this season. We should not forget that in our secondary there has been a nice core of young players that have had three years to learn from veterans like Glenn. Guys like Faggins, Ramon Walker come to mind. So there may not be too much need to bring in other young players . I think the Texans are looking at this camp as pay up time for the players.

This may be the year where we several well known Texan players not make it back for the next season if they don't show up at all this season.

Back