Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Why Do I feel Disappointed For Some Reason?

I'm not the most sunny guy and I was sticking a fork in this team at 0-3. That's when I was disappointed.

I let that shit go after 9 straight wins and just started enjoying the ride as a fan.

I'm just stoked that the regular season ends and the Texans are still playing.

I don't have a lot of expectations and hope for Saturday's game, but I'll be excited all week about having a playoff game to watch that I actually care about.

And with this league, it's any given Sunday (or Saturday in our case).

So yeah, have a some fun with it and let your inner Joe Texan out to believe just for an afternoon. :texflag:

Things could be worse. Heck, I got a free sandwich from Firehouse Subs today! Delicious!

And big picture, how badass is it to finally have a franchise QB that we can look forward to future seasons?! Gotta' dig it.

Great thoughts there DB so I second those sentiments.
So after stating 0-3 and wondering if we really had found our franchise QB but hey we end up 11-5 and we are in fact in the P/Os with a promising future with
DW4 at the helm.

ya'll should be more hyped, we're in the playoffs for the first time with JJ Watt AND a quarterback that is not Matt Schaub or TJ Yates or Brian Hoyer, plus we have the #3 seed and could be back in Houston for AFC Championship. Patriots can be had, we've been in dog fights in Foxboro we got the experience there we can get it done. This is our year, get excited and enjoy it quit being a cuckold.

ya'll should be more hyped, we're in the playoffs for the first time with JJ Watt AND a quarterback that is not Matt Schaub or TJ Yates or Brian Hoyer, plus we have the #3 seed and could be back in Houston for AFC Championship. Patriots can be had, we've been in dog fights in Foxboro we got the experience there we can get it done. This is our year, get excited and enjoy it quit being a cuckold.

We have to win on our end for the AFC Championship to be here, but I can see that. The Chargers will beat the Ravens and then they would meet the Chiefs, who they match up well against. I guess I am looking ahead too much, but I do like the road I see. Go Texans!

When he was OC in New England and the qb was named Brady? :thinking:

:coffee:[/QUOTE]

Yea but he said the QB was Watson so I am confused.

We have to win on our end for the AFC Championship to be here, but I can see that. The Chargers will beat the Ravens and then they would meet the Chiefs, who they match up well against. I guess I am looking ahead too much, but I do like the road I see. Go Texans!

I think Ravens @ KC will be a better game.

It looked like OB was upset at Watson during the 3rd or 4th qtr in the Jags game.

Ok. I didn’t get to watch it.

But let’s not act like Watson is above it all and can’t get a talking.

But I do concede the fact that OB is a dumbass.

If the Texans had Matt Schaub instead of TJ Yates they would have been in an AFC Championship game at LEAST that year.

I don’t feel disappointed. My fandom has changed where I don’t feel emotions regarding this team even when they win.

I would say that I feel more like OB is holding this team back from being as good as they can be, but I think if things bounce right and the talent shows up anything is possible.
I actually dont think they're that talented. That's not to say they've maximized the talent they have, but they have some issues in terms of talent. If we are grading 1-10 for each player, who grades above a 7? Watson, Watt, Hopkins, Clowney, and maybe Mathieu, that's it. In my opinion

I actually dont think they're that talented. That's not to say they've maximized the talent they have, but they have some issues in terms of talent. If we are grading 1-10 for each player, who grades above a 7? Watson, Watt, Hopkins, Clowney, and maybe Mathieu, that's it. In my opinion

What are you using vour grading scale?

KJack and Fairburn for certain and perhaps McKinney. I'd maybe include Both rookie Yes who not at fault not used more. Carter a seven. Our rookie safety?

Couldn’t disagree more. Especially defensively. I think they have good to great players over there. Yeah a lot of them are replacement level but there’s good depth there. I don’t know about your numbering system but I like Cunningham, McKinney, cole, Mercilus, Blackson, reader, Hal, Kareem, Joseph, reader, Covington....

I think talent wise most teams in the nfl would trade their entire defense for ours straight up.

When I say most, I mean like 25+ teams.

Right now there’s not a lot this defense is missing. Sure you’d want to see a really good coverage LB and a really good cover corner but no team is perfect.

And tbh I think the defense would see even better stats if OB called a better offense and made opposing offenses one dimensional. But he loves letting teams hang around.

Offensively, not counting Fuller, Coutee, demaryius or Foreman....I think the OL could use a ton of help. But having a top young qb and the best wr (who is still young himself) makes up for a lot.

How many on the Colts would be a 7 or higher?

I do believe, overall, talent wise we are on the same level as most of the other teams in the playoffs. The biggest things hurting us is that we have had major injuries in the WR area, D can't stop anything in the air and, drum roll please, our O line is like wet paper. If Fuller was in these games you would be seeing things a lot different if for no reason other than his speed forced teams to not ignore him and focus on Hopkins like they can now. That's was Fuller main job, run really fast so that there was a constant, deep ball threat and get pressure off Hopkins.

The O line has been beat to death, both on these boards and in game, so I'll leave that alone but on the D side I think the numbers are not telling the full story. Yeah on paper it looks really strong and talent wise its really strong but when you really break it down there is a very scary weakness that should not be there. The moment a top shelf QB touches that football they can move it up and down the field as quickly or slowly as they please. Looking at our guys any QB should be like that one on Water Boy begging them not to kill him but they aren't. That's a problem and its a problem that shouldn't be.

wouldn't you have to do something more than once to have a "knack" for it?

True, so if he would've played the Ravens who's to say he wouldn't have sh!t the bed in his 1st playoff appearance? Fans around here act like it's a given that the Texans would've beaten the Ravens in Baltimore with Schaub at QB and that's just not true. What's actually true is we dont know what would've happened.

True, so if he would've played the Ravens who's to say he wouldn't have sh!t the bed in his 1st playoff appearance? Fans around here act like it's a given that the Texans would've beaten the Ravens in Baltimore with Schaub at QB and that's just not true. What's actually true is we dont know what would've happened.

Lol, yeah right. They lost by 7 with Yates throwing 0 TDs & 3 INTs for a 28.8 rating. 2011 Schaub led the league in yards per catch and had a 96.8 rating.

The Texans were down to their 3rd qb. Winning the game in Baltimore at that point would have been a miracle.

Lol, yeah right. They lost by 7 with Yates throwing 0 TDs & 3 INTs for a 28.8 rating. 2011 Schaub led the league in yards per catch and had a 96.8 rating.

And you still dont know what would've happened.

Schaub did sh!t the bed in Foxboro the next yr. That's the only fact we know for sure. Everything else is just speculation, so to act like it was a given they would've made the SB if Schaub had been at QB is just wrong.

If you're so good at speculating, would you care to wager on the game Saturday? Please give me a score so I can get my bets down.

This forum is reaching the 'fake news' levels of stupidity. HERE ARE THE FACTS THAT SHOW YOU ARE WRONG - Nah I love my coach, I dont care about stats he's the best, his buttchin is awesome and he will always be my coach no matter what. THE EVENTS YOU DESCRIBE NEVER HAPPENED, YOU MADE IT ALL UP IN YOU MIND! Nah I dont care, Its easier to 'member things in the way that is more convenient for my baseless posts to make sense. Hilarious.

And you still dont know what would've happened.

Schaub did sh!t the bed in Foxboro the next yr. That's the only fact we know for sure.

Except it's not a fact. It's made up BS. Schaub was 66.7%, 343 yds, 2 TDs, 1 Int & a 90.6 rating...and the O put up 28 pts. The defense sh!t the bed giving up 41 pts. Those are facts.

Do try to be a little consistent. You absolved OB of all wrongdoing because they put up 30 on the Eagles and laid the loss squarely on the D.

Except it's not a fact. It's made up BS. Schaub was 66.7%, 343 yds, 2 TDs, 1 Int & a 90.6 rating...and the O put up 28 pts. The defense sh!t the bed giving up 41 pts. Those are facts.

Do try to be a little consistent. You absolved OB of all wrongdoing because they put up 30 on the Eagles and laid the loss squarely on the D.

Fact: We dont know what would've happened.

I'm very consistent in that belief.

BTW, those numbers were mainly put up in garbage time against the Pats.

Fact: We dont know what would've happened.

Fact: your sh!t the bed comments are off-base.

Any reasonable look at the Baltimore game has us winning with Schaub playing. The weakest link that day was QB by a mile. Absent your mischaracterizations, it's rather obvious, albeit not certain.

Teams have won the big game with Schaub-level QBs plenty of times. The sad thing about Schaubs career is that he had matured gradually whilst with the Texans and maybe had a window to play the best of his career right when he got the injury. The warts had been ironed out, the D had finally become a strength, he had a running game at last.

The anti-schaub sentiment is proof that people tend to like to stick to their guns once they've made a take. If you didn't like Schaub (or kubes for that mattet) at 8-8 then many people couldn't love them at 12-4.

The same issue has blighted a lot of people's enjoyment of the great regular season we just had.

I'm pumped for this game on Saturday. OB was getting fruity with what was showed last week. Frank Reich is currently having to prepare for a lot of things we haven't done much of this year. Don't write them off just yet because the Saints could he one and done and the Giants have never had a dominant regular season team in the time I've been following this sport yet have 2 SBs in that time.

Any reasonable look at the Baltimore game has us winning with Schaub playing. The weakest link that day was QB by a mile. Absent your mischaracterizations, it's rather obvious, albeit not certain.

The fact you think Schaub was good enough to win a SB with is laughable and I was a big Schaub fan.

Like I said, this is your narrative, but the truth is we will never know.

The fact you think Schaub was good enough to win a SB with is laughable and I was a big Schaub fan.

Like I said, this is your narrative, but the truth is we will never know.

Please provide the SB quote.

What I said was (a) he didn't sh!t the bed against NE and (b) we most likely win the game against Baltimore if Schaub played instead of Yates.

Now as to good enough to win a SB, the answer is obviously yes. Trent Dilfer has a ring. Maybe more precisely to the point, Eli Manning won a SB against NE with 55.9%, 255 yds, 2 TDs, 1 Int & an 87.3 rating. In other words, not as good a game as Schaub had against NE.

FFS Peyton got his 2nd ring with 56%, 141 yds, 0 TDs, 1 Int & a 56.6 rating (oh and a HC you declared not good enough to win a SB). It's a team sport. There's no such thing as 'not good enough' at any one position.

Please provide the SB quote.

What I said was (a) he didn't sh!t the bed against NE and (b) we most likely win the game against Baltimore if Schaub played instead of Yates.

Now as to good enough to win a SB, the answer is obviously yes. Trent Dilfer has a ring. Maybe more precisely to the point, Eli Manning won a SB against NE with 55.9%, 255 yds, 2 TDs, 1 Int & an 87.3 rating. In other words, not as good a game as Schaub had against NE.

FFS Peyton got his 2nd ring with 56%, 141 yds, 0 TDs, 1 Int & a 56.6 rating. It's a team sport. There's no such thing as 'not good enough' at any one position.

Unless you're Brian Hoyer, than yea you're not good enough

I liked Schaub...

& I'll say he didn't really **** the bed against NE in 2012........... he just went pee pee down his leg a little. When the game was still within reach and/or it got a little tight..Most fans by that time knew Schaub would fold up like a lawn chair some kind of way.......which is what he did in that game. His int late in the 3rd effectively put the dagger in that game.

he was good enough to win it all as long as the game didn't get tight & I think if we'd faced just about anyone other than NE, we probably do advance to our 1st AFC championship game.

The defense was good..but not carry the team good like Ravens 2000, Bucs 2004-5 and Den 2015.

Wait...how in Hades did I get in the “Is Schaub good enough” thread?

A very good question. People, particularly Kubiak fans love to live in the what could have been past. When the fact is the past is what it is.

I think it's their way of trying to make it seem like Kubiak accomplished more than BOB has with the Texans.

They really are quite funny. There's an old debating trick where they try to get people to focus on what they want them too and conveniently try to get people to forget about the obvious facts.

Luckily most aren't dumb enough to fall for their bs.

But the argument being made was IF Schaub didn’t get hurt.

And my point is that we will never know. You can play the what if game all you want, but the facts are the facts.

How abpab this what if, if Kubiak wasn't in charge then A decade qowou not have been wasted with Ricky.

What is hilarious is the hate all of the Kubiak fans have for BOB and he's done as much as Kubiak did here.

Johnson, Daniels, Foster and the 2nd best Defense in the NFL? Yeah, Schaub was good enough to win a SB with that team until Fat Albert came along.

We will never know.

Kubiak, Ricky didn't deliver the goods. That's the bottom line.

Hopefully BOB, Gaine can, but I would not count on it happening this year.

Hoping and wishing doesn't make things certainly true.

Back