Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

why all the cover 2 and zone

it seemed to me that the DB's were doing a good job yesterday with man to man coverage, but the coaches kept calling cover 2 and other zones later in the game that yielded many receiving yards. The safetys were 10 yards deeper than the receivers when they were 30 yards down field, thats unacceptable, and after all the great breakups and interceptions the coaches should have had more confidence. When its a 10 point game with 4 minutes left and the titans ahve the ball, you cant allow them to march straight down the field by playing prevent defense, thats why they almost scored until that last interception in the endzone. If tenn. scores they are down three and can onside still.

I agree the coaches were giving mcnair way to much room to work with. Dont they remember wht happened last year when we had the lead ???

One thing that might of affected the way the coaches called the game was that Aaron Glenn hadnt eaten since Friday and had a stomach flu. He had to take IV's during the game. (Heard that on "Inside the Game" on ABC 13). Another reason the Texans probably didnt blitz that much was because they might of been afraid of blitzing at the wrong time and Chris Brown ripping off a 70 yard TD...

Fiddy said:
One thing that might of affected the way the coaches called the game was that Aaron Glenn hadnt eaten since Friday and had a stomach flu. He had to take IV's during the game. (Heard that on "Inside the Game" on ABC 13). Another reason the Texans probably didnt blitz that much was because they might of been afraid of blitzing at the wrong time and Chris Brown ripping off a 70 yard TD...

Wasnt Chris Brown in the locker room after Simmons laid one on him ? :hehe:

If I remember right, on the Titans' last drive all they Texans did was blitz until Tennessee got into the red zone. I thought I saw them send about 6 guys quite a few time. TEN was doing a great job of picking it up and with only a few DBs in coverage, McNair was completing everything. Maybe someone who DVR'ed it can double check it.

georgewashington said:
it seemed to me that the DB's were doing a good job yesterday with man to man coverage, but the coaches kept calling cover 2 and other zones later in the game... If tenn. scores they are down three and can onside still.
I believe I heard that the Texans didn't allow even one big pass (25yds) to the Tacks. I know what you mean about the 'risk' of prevent defense, but it's ahrd to critize the result. Plus, an onside kick isn't a very high percentage play.

Back