Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who's going to NRG Saturday?

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Who is going to the game?
I'd love to either go inside and watch but would just as happily go to a tailgate and meet some of you peeps if anyone is open for a freeloader!
I've got Saturday off and haven't had a tailgate experience. I can try to bring stuff if anything is needed.
What time does their store open? Gonna snag me a Stroud jersey.

Who is going to the game?
I'd love to either go inside and watch but would just as happily go to a tailgate and meet some of you peeps if anyone is open for a freeloader!
I've got Saturday off and haven't had a tailgate experience. I can try to bring stuff if anything is needed.
What time does their store open? Gonna snag me a Stroud jersey.
The parking lots open 4 hours before the game. The stadium and I believe the store open 90 minutes before the game.
They used to require tailgating tickets to just tailgate. Don't know if that is still a thing.

New uniforms next year. You might want to wait unless you want the rookie-season jersey.

The parking lots open 4 hours before the game. The stadium and I believe the store open 90 minutes before the game.
They used to require tailgating tickets to just tailgate. Don't know if that is still a thing.

New uniforms next year. You might want to wait unless you want the rookie-season jersey.
I made it to Houston for my first game ever this year when we beat the Steeler’s. No ticket was needed to tailgate. I went to a handful of tailgates and everyone was welcoming. Spent a couple hours at one that had a TV, DJ, free food and a full bar. No charge for drinks but they accepted tips which I happily contributed amply. After we won I marched right back to celebrate the big win. I was in awe. A very humbling experience with how hospitable my fellow fans were. We were all one that day. I must have fist bumped 500 people that day. So I hope you make it Texansphan. T E X A N S!

I made it to Houston for my first game ever this year when we beat the Steeler’s. No ticket was needed to tailgate. I went to a handful of tailgates and everyone was welcoming. Spent a couple hours at one that had a TV, DJ, free food and a full bar. No charge for drinks but they accepted tips which I happily contributed amply. After we won I marched right back to celebrate the big win. I was in awe. A very humbling experience with how hospitable my fellow fans were. We were all one that day. I must have fist bumped 500 people that day. So I hope you make it Texansphan. T E X A N S!
Tailgating tickets were only for those that wanted to tailgate only and watch the game from the parking lot. If you had a game ticket you could tailgate for free

Tailgating tickets were only for those that wanted to tailgate only and watch the game from the parking lot. If you had a game ticket you could tailgate for free
So what do you do? Get a parking ticket near where they tailgate and just gatecrash?

I really wanted to go and tailgate with my group, Bulls On McNee, in the Yellow Lot. We have a great group of folks. A couple of the guys are going to smoke a brisket and pork butt, others will bring chips, bowls, cheese, etc. Nourish band required, only a friendly hello and a donation (whatever you'd like to give. For ice, etc.) Saturday is going to be make your own nacho bowl with brisket and or pulled pork. We get our beer sponsor, Paradigm Brewery, to load us up with several cases of its beer. The pork butt and brisket will be seasoned with our other sponsors rubs, and sauces, Texas Pepper Jelly, look for the sign on the tailgate tents. If you go, ask for Case (Case will be wearing the jersey below) and tell em I sent you by. Look for the Big Yellow Blue Lot Sucks flag in the picture below. Tell him the "bathroom remodel guy" sent you, he will know who you're talking about. Inside joke. If he doesn't get it, tell him Mike from SA sent you.

Alas, like others mentioned, it just gets two expensive for me. I have to do a hotel and take the ol lady out to dinner, etc.! And, I told her if we go that we need to wake up early to get back home for the noon kickoff, she wasn't having it! lol

The older I get the more I like my garage man cave for the games.

1704988624394.png1704988857612.png1704988899601.png

Last edited:
Okay, bought a ticket to Blue7 - I figured that put me pretty much right in the tailgating section.
Cost me $98 😄
So is there something I need to bring for etiquette?

I oughta try that. Where in town? I’ve never ridden the train.
By luck the train was right next to our hotel at the corner of Fannin st. and Rusk in center city. But that would be way further than needed for someone driving. There’s a map of the rail system. You should be able to find parking at a stop just north of the stadium or possibly right below it at the Fannin South stop. Idk. That was my first time in Houston and I wasn’t driving. Was fun being in the train with all the other Texans fans though. Go for it.

By luck the train was right next to our hotel at the corner of Fannin st. and Rusk in center city. But that would be way further than needed for someone driving. There’s a map of the rail system. You should be able to find parking at a stop just north of the stadium or possibly right below it at the Fannin South stop. Idk. That was my first time in Houston and I wasn’t driving. Was fun being in the train with all the other Texans fans though. Go for it.
Just wanted to add my $.02 and say that riding the metro rail to Texans games isn’t bad. Parking anywhere near the stadium, however, is not a good idea. You’ll be stuck in traffic for over an hour trying to leave. Might as well pay for an NRG parking pass and just park inside. Your best bet is to park somewhere about a mile or two away from the stadium (preferably down fannin and main) and ride the metro rail to where ever you parked.

So what do you do? Get a parking ticket near where they tailgate and just gatecrash?

It’s been since 2019 for me but then you couldn’t enter the property without either a parking pass or a tailgate pass. A parking pass allowed you to park in the designated colored parking lots where you could then tailgate, of course. A tailgate pass allowed you to park somewhere else and walk onto the property to tailgate anywhere, but it had to be 30 minutes after the gates opened.

IIRC, neither pass allowed you to stay in the parking lots and watch the game on TV. You had to have a game ticket to stay out there once the game started. I remember the yellow coats (parking attendants) being pretty strict at first about checking for tickets but it got to a point where sometimes they’d check, sometimes they wouldn’t.

And you can thank Cowboys fans for all of that nonsense. They literally had to change the rules because of those idiots.

It’s been since 2019 for me but then you couldn’t enter the property without either a parking pass or a tailgate pass. A parking pass allowed you to park in the designated colored parking lots where you could then tailgate, of course. A tailgate pass allowed you to park somewhere else and walk onto the property to tailgate anywhere, but it had to be 30 minutes after the gates opened.

IIRC, neither pass allowed you to stay in the parking lots and watch the game on TV. You had to have a game ticket to stay out there once the game started. I remember the yellow coats (parking attendants) being pretty strict at first about checking for tickets but it got to a point where sometimes they’d check, sometimes they wouldn’t.

And you can thank Cowboys fans for all of that nonsense. They literally had to change the rules because of those idiots.
So they can make you leave?
Oh dear ...so what do you do then - go home?

Yeah I see someone mentioned up thread you can offer a donation to the team that will take you on board.
I wouldn't know. I think you have to have a game pass or a tailgate pass. It's not a group thing. But sometimes tailgate passes or sold in the marketplace thread here on this forum. Your time is running short though

As of 12:53 AM Central there are still some tickets available on ticketmaster.
You can get a 600 level for $105 fees included.
You can get a 500 level for $120 fees included.

I really wanted to go and tailgate with my group, Bulls On McNee, in the Yellow Lot. We have a great group of folks. A couple of the guys are going to smoke a brisket and pork butt, others will bring chips, bowls, cheese, etc. Nourish band required, only a friendly hello and a donation (whatever you'd like to give. For ice, etc.) Saturday is going to be make your own nacho bowl with brisket and or pulled pork. We get our beer sponsor, Paradigm Brewery, to load us up with several cases of its beer. The pork butt and brisket will be seasoned with our other sponsors rubs, and sauces, Texas Pepper Jelly, look for the sign on the tailgate tents. If you go, ask for Case (Case will be wearing the jersey below) and tell em I sent you by. Look for the Big Yellow Blue Lot Sucks flag in the picture below. Tell him the "bathroom remodel guy" sent you, he will know who you're talking about. Inside joke. If he doesn't get it, tell him Mike from SA sent you.

Alas, like others mentioned, it just gets two expensive for me. I have to do a hotel and take the ol lady out to dinner, etc.! And, I told her if we go that we need to wake up early to get back home for the noon kickoff, she wasn't having it! lol

The older I get the more I like my garage man cave for the games.

View attachment 13421View attachment 13422View attachment 13423
What’s blue lot?

Okay, bought a ticket to Blue7 - I figured that put me pretty much right in the tailgating section.
Cost me $98 😄
So is there something I need to bring for etiquette?
Does that include a ticket to the game or is that just for parking?

Do not go by my input. That was my first and last time in Houston. The train was nice but again, I didn’t have to park any place as I hopped on the train at the hotel. We just walked from the train into a parking lot, which didn’t require a ticket to get into that was a sea full of tailgates. Nobody asked to show our tickets until we went into the game and I did not see any security asking folks to show their tickets. Maybe because it was a regular season game? Idk. Ignorance is bliss. Definitely glad you’re going though. Wish I could go. Go TEXANS!

Does that include a ticket to the game or is that just for parking?

Do not go by my input. That was my first and last time in Houston. The train was nice but again, I didn’t have to park any place as I hopped on the train at the hotel. We just walked from the train into a parking lot, which didn’t require a ticket to get into that was a sea full of tailgates. Nobody asked to show our tickets until we went into the game and I did not see any security asking folks to show their tickets. Maybe because it was a regular season game? Idk. Ignorance is bliss. Definitely glad you’re going though. Wish I could go. Go TEXANS!
It was just for the parking ticket.
Looks to me I need a Game ticket or a Tailgate ticket as well?

Reactions: JB
It was just for the parking ticket.
Looks to me I need a Game ticket or a Tailgate ticket as well?

If you’ve got a parking pass you don’t need a tailgate ticket. To keep tailgating once the game starts you would need a game ticket. That’s if they still come around and check after the game has started. It’s been 4 years since I’ve been out there.

If you’ve got a parking pass you don’t need a tailgate ticket. To keep tailgating once the game starts you would need a game ticket. That’s if they still come around and check after the game has started. It’s been 4 years since I’ve been out there.
Aha. Makes sense. We left the parking lot before the game started to go in the game.

Back