Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who to start

TEXANS84

Staff member
Got a tough one:

Tony Romo against New England
Matt Schaub against Jacksonville

I'm worried that if the Bills D can confuse Romo the way they did, then New England would be ten times worse.

Matt going against Jacksonville is uncharted territory given our track record.

I would go with Schaub just because I think Romo is going to get schooled by the Pats and our QB play has historically been decent vs Jax.

Id go with Romo unless we get Jacoby or AJ back. If the Dolphins, who allowed 200 yards a game on the ground, shut our running game down, I fully expect us to gain about 4 yards from scrimmage against Jax

Mathis is probably the best CB we've gone up against so far too

Id go with Romo unless we get Jacoby or AJ back. If the Dolphins, who allowed 200 yards a game on the ground, shut our running game down, I fully expect us to gain about 4 yards from scrimmage against Jax

Which means the Texans will have to pass to move the ball. Without AJ or Jacoby he has put up over 600 yds in the last two weeks.

Mathis is probably the best CB we've gone up against so far too

Ken Lucas and DeAngello Hall are hardly scrubs. Neither is Asante Samuels, but yes Mathis is very good.

I think it is a toss up. I don't buy the whole "Romo was confused by the Bills." Aikman threw 5 ints before. People said the end of last season defenses figured him out yet they didn't do anything about him to start this season. He threw alot of bad balls that sailed or were forced. It happens.

With all that said I think we are going to have to score and to do this we have to throw. Schaub has put up numbers no matter who he has faced.

It comes down to a guy with a better offense and weapons or a guy who has played consistently no matter the defense.

QB's have bad days....great WR's drop balls....great backs fumble twice in a game sometimes...stuff happens.

I'd be very tempted to start Schaub. Romo didn't seem to respond very well to quick pressure, and I'm sure the Pats will try to force him to make some mistakes early & often. They may also take the approach they do with the Colts & keep the Cowboys offense off the field, and let's face it the Cowboys defense will likely be dominated by the Patriots offense. That could mean fewer chances for Romo to find TO or Witten.

With Schaub facing a much improved Jaguars pass defense I'm a little worried how he'll do on the road with little to no run game. However, we always play the Jaguars tough & if JJ does get back into action Schaub could have a pretty good day spreading the ball around to Daniels, JJ, Davis, & Mr. First Down. To sum up if JJ is playing against the Jags I'd start Schaub. If he's not I'd play it safe & start Romo.

I think Romo and Schaub are both good young QB's (Doesn't it feel good to not have that constant worry about your QB position), but I think Schaub is going to out pass him this week.

Back