Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who should the Texans draft at #25?

Who should the Texans take at #25?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
The time has almost arrived for the draft and after much discussion, there is no clear concensus among the boards members and even after this poll, there will still not be, but we should get an idea of who is the favourite.
You get only one vote and it is for who YOU want the Texans to draft.
Obviously, I can't put ALL the possibilities up due to poll limitations so I put up the most popular ones on this board.
If your choice is not on the poll, please register it as a post.
Poll is only up for 11 days so don't dawdle.
Voters votes will be public.
Votes cannot be changed once you place it.

Depends on who has been taken and who is available. If I could pick any player it would be Adams or Foster

Neither of which will be there... but this isn't a realistic poll anyway

If Ramczyk, Robinson, Bolles, and Lamp are off the board...I'll take TJ Watt to answer the need at OLB but I think one of those OL will be there at 25. Bowser is solid RD2 if he floats back to 57.

For those who have not voted yet - one of the QB's is leading and only one of the 4 OL have any votes and he has 2.

For those who have not voted yet - one of the QB's is leading and only one of the 4 OL have any votes and he has 2.
( bump)
Very close race for the QB's - two have 4 votes and one has three.
Still only one OL has votes - 3 - and it's not Robinson.

Colorado corner Chidobe Awuzie hopefully in a trade down with San Francisco but at 25 if not. He is perfect nickle but can play outside in press. Allows Jackson to take his skills to safety resolving two starting spots. 4.43 speed at 6 foot 202 pounds. 34.5 vert 65 tackles with 6 for loss, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 3 QB pressures, 12 PBUs and 2 forced fumbles in 2016. He starts day one. If we trade and get #34 he should be there and with SF's 3rd round #66 I select CB and teammate Ahkello Witherspoon with 21 PBUs opposite Awuzie. My round two would be OLB Jordan Willis. At 3.89 with or without trade I get our RT Antonio Garcia.

Any of these guys I'll be happy
  1. *Myles Garrett DE 6-4, 272
  2. *Len Fournette RB 6-0, 240 LSU (X)
  3. Jamal Adams FS 6-0, 214 LSU
  4. *Malik Hooker FS 6-1, 205 Ohio State (X)
  5. *Mitchell Trubisky QB 6-2, 222 North Carolina
  6. *Marshon Lattimore CB 6-0, 193 Ohio State
  7. OJ Howard TE 6-6, 250 Alabama
  8. Jonathan Allen DE 6-3, 286 Alabama
  9. Taco Charlton DE 6-6, 277 Michigan
  10. Corey Davis WR 6-3, 210 Western Michigan (X)
  11. Mike Williams WR 6-4, 218 Clemson (X)
  12. *John Ross WR 5-11, 188 Washington (X)
  13. Solomonn Thomas DE 6-3, 273 Stanford
  14. Marlon Humphrey CB 6-1, 200 Alabama
  15. Derek Barnett DE 6-3, 260 Tennessee (X)
  16. Dalvin Cook RB 5-11, 210 Florida State (O)
  17. Zach Cunningham LB 6-4, 234 Vanderbilt
  18. Jabrill Peppers SS 5-11, 213 Michigan (LB/RB)
  19. David Njoku TE 6-4, 245 Miami
  20. Haason Reddick OLB 6-2, 237 Temple
  21. Malik McDowell DT 6-5, 285 Michigan State
  22. TJ Watt OLB Wisconsin
  23. Haason Reddick LB temple
  24. Adoree Jackson CB/Return man
  25. Chrisian McCaffery RB/WR Stanford
  26. Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama
  27. Forest Lamp OT Western Kentucky
  28. Dan Feeney OG Indiana
  29. Quincy Wilson CB Florida
  30. Reuban Foster LB Alabama

Last edited:
Whoa... 29 players you would prefer to Watson, Mahomes, Kizer.

I consider you one of the guys whose opinion, in these matters, shapes my opinion.

( bump)
Very close race for the QB's - two have 4 votes and one has three.
Still only one OL has votes - 3 - and it's not Robinson.
You wouldn't be happy with Reuben Foster? ;)

Whoa... 29 players you would prefer to Watson, Mahomes, Kizer.

I consider you one of the guys whose opinion, in these matters, shapes my opinion.
Yes...no, actually 30. Foster omission was a mistake. I'm not passing up blue Chip players for any of those guys.

Last edited:
  30. Reuban Foster LB Alabama

If we were to draft a WR or any RB other than Fournette in the first round, I'd be upset

Don't really want a CB or OLB there either

The more I think about it the more I have to have a QB with our first pick.

I'm starting to think we take Kizer at #29 (slight trade back)

If we were to draft a WR or any RB other than Fournette in the first round, I'd be upset

Don't really want a CB or OLB there either

That's a horrible way to approach the draft. Why would you eliminate a position unless you have a sure fire Superstar at that position? Hopkins is a super star but NO ONE else at that position is even above average. If Hopkins gets hurt???? You don't think having a solid #2 that can be a #1 in a pinch would be good thing for a QB?

At RB Miller is NOT a superstar. He's average at best. Why would you pass up say a Dalvin Cook? Cook is the best pure RB in this class. You don't think having a special RB would be beneficial to a QB?

CB and OLB, you can't have enough quality CBs and edge rushers.

Jabrill Peppers

You add Peppers to our defense as a SS and the Texans have a truly special unit. He wouldn't need to be Mr everything here like he was at Michigan, just a role player and a difference maker.

That's a horrible way to approach the draft. Why would you eliminate a position unless you have a sure fire Superstar at that position? Hopkins is a super star but NO ONE else at that position is even above average. If Hopkins gets hurt???? You don't think having a solid #2 that can be a #1 in a pinch would be good thing for a QB?

At RB Miller is NOT a superstar. He's average at best. Why would you pass up say a Dalvin Cook? Cook is the best pure RB in this class. You don't think having a special RB would be beneficial to a QB?

CB and OLB, you can't have enough quality CBs and edge rushers.

If I thought any of the WR or RB were sure fire Superstars then I would be amenable to that idea. I don't. I also don't think that Cook is all that and a bag of chips. If Adrian Peterson were there maybe so. I'm a fill your needs with better talent guy in the first round. Sorry if you don't agree. I'd rather draft a sure fire starter than someone that will get maybe 30% of the snaps as a rookie

If I thought any of the WR or RB were sure fire Superstars then I would be amenable to that idea. I don't. I also don't think that Cook is all that and a bag of chips. If Adrian Peterson were there maybe so. I'm a fill your needs with better talent guy in the first round. Sorry if you don't agree. I'd rather draft a sure fire starter than someone that will get maybe 30% of the snaps as a rookie

First off there are no sure-fire superstars in the draft just potential ones. Cook is a better RB than Leonard fournette. The only reason fournette goes before cook is because of his Elite Physical abilities.

Again that's a crazy way to draft. This year is a perfect example. We need an OT bad. All the OTs have red flags that lower their value. At the same time there are some really good blue Chip, high potential guys. Are you going to pass up a player that has potential to be a pro bowl caliber player for a guy that doesn't have that value just because the second guy fills a need and will start????

That just doesn't make sense. The draft is about value. Sure need is a factor but you don't pass up superior talent for need. Especially at the top of the draft where the real talent is.

First off there are no sure-fire superstars in the draft just potential ones. Cook is a better RB than Leonard fournette. The only reason fournette goes before cook is because of his Elite Physical abilities.

Again that's a crazy way to draft. This year is a perfect example. We need an OT bad. All the OTs have red flags that lower their value. At the same time there are some really good blue Chip, high potential guys. Are you going to pass up a player that has potential to be a pro bowl caliber player for a guy that doesn't have that value just because the second guy fills a need and will start????

That just doesn't make sense. The draft is about value. Sure need is a factor but you don't pass up superior talent for need. Especially at the top of the draft where the real talent is.

Yeah, in the first round I'll pass up a guy that probably won't start the first year for one that will. Cook has his red flags also so yeah I'll pass him up for a starting RT. WR's by the score have been drafted high and failed so yeah I'll pass one up for a starting RT. You can't have pro bowlers at every position, but you should have solid starters at all. We don't have a RT at all right now

Yeah, in the first round I'll pass up a guy that probably won't start the first year for one that will. Cook has his red flags also so yeah I'll pass him up for a starting RT. WR's by the score have been drafted high and failed so yeah I'll pass one up for a starting RT. You can't have pro bowlers at every position, but you should have solid starters at all. We don't have a RT at all right now

Who on that list wouldn't start?
All the top OTs have red flags. Bolles, competition and he's 25. He's at his physical peak competing against lesser comp. Is he really that good? He'll be 30 before his second contract. Second round? Sure! Top 25 in a super talented draft? No thanks.

Ramzic, only one year against good comp and he had to have hip surgery. Can he hold up against the best competition? Read c&ds diagnosis. Again, not top 25 in this draft.

Can Robinson, terrible balance/technique issues. May have to move inside.

Now if you want an OL then Lamp or Feeney look like 10 year solid starters. Cool I'll take that. But no top OT in this draft is a sure thing and compared to the talent that WILL be available at 25, I'll pass.

All the top OTs have red flags. Bolles, competition and he's 25. He's at his physical peak competing against lesser comp. Is he really that good? He'll be 30 before his second contract. Second round? Sure! Top 25 in a super talented draft? No thanks.

Ramzic, only one year against good comp and he had to have hip surgery. Can he hold up against the best competition? Read c&ds diagnosis. Again, not top 25 in this draft.

Now if you want an OL then Lamp or Feeney look like 10 year solid starters. Cool I'll take that. But no top OT in this draft is a sure thing and compared to the talent that WILL be available at 25, I'll pass.
Robinson owned Myles Garrett in their game.
Guys got future LT potential and can start at Right.

Reactions: JB

I wasn't dissing your entire list. I said any WR or RB not named Fournette taken at 25 over a OT I'd be pissed. If you don't agree then we can just agree to disagree.

Most years I'd agree with you and go with pure BPA, but not this year after this offseason. The team is desperate for a RT and ILB and S

How about other?

Texans might just trade down....... Several other teams maybe a better fit for one of the big 3 QB's if they fall like Cleveland (Watson). I'm speculating extra two this year and next (one they traded away along with Brock) plus a 3rd this year might make some sense. KC might want Mahomes? Jacksonville Trubisky? All three QB's grade out late 1st early 2nd but Teams usually overdraft position for need. Texans could then add a blue chip player + their QB to develop under Savage like a Webb or Peterman. Keep thirsty my friends :wesmantexanfan:

I wasn't dissing your entire list. I said any WR or RB not named Fournette taken at 25 over a OT I'd be pissed. If you don't agree then we can just agree to disagree.

Most years I'd agree with you and go with pure BPA, but not this year after this offseason. The team is desperate for a RT and ILB and S
The offseason isn't over. There's still FA out there and we have 6 other draft picks.

Because I believe the Bengals would take him. They've been rumored to really like him.

The Bengals did take former Bama OT Andre Smith a few years ago, so that makes sense. Pretty similar players.

I think I'd go with Watson, if available. Any of the top 3 QB's I would prefer at #25, but since probably not going to happen, then I'd go OL with Lamp or Bolles and then QB in round 2.

Last edited:
How about other?

Texans might just trade down....... Several other teams maybe a better fit for one of the big 3 QB's if they fall like Cleveland (Watson). I'm speculating extra two this year and next (one they traded away along with Brock) plus a 3rd this year might make some sense. KC might want Mahomes? Jacksonville Trubisky? All three QB's grade out late 1st early 2nd but Teams usually overdraft position for need. Texans could then add a blue chip player + their QB to develop under Savage like a Webb or Peterman. Keep thirsty my friends :wesmantexanfan:
Our target for trading down should be the 49ers at 2-34. The pressure for their trading up comes from the Jets at 2-39 who seem to be willing to offer a #3, to get one of the top three QB's; and the Chargers at 2-38, who would also like one of the top three QB's. The Rams at 2-37 are also a potential trading partner, although their target would be one of top four OT's.

This draft is developing into a potential bonanza of extra picks for the Texans, if we trade, and we should still get one of the top OL'men in the draft with our first pick at the top of the second round.

Our target for trading down should be the 49ers at 2-34. The pressure for their trading up comes from the Jets at 2-39 who seem to be willing to offer a #3, to get one of the top three QB's; and the Chargers at 2-38, who would also like one of the top three QB's. The Rams at 2-37 are also a potential trading partner, although their target would be one of top four OT's.

This draft is developing into a potential bonanza of extra picks for the Texans, if we trade, and we should still get one of the top OL'men in the draft with our first pick at the top of the second round.

Besides QB, Texans could always use picks, especially after trading away Brock with 2018 2nd.

How about other?

Texans are more likely to trade up than trade down

Back