Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who should Buy the Texans

If you're one of the names on the list of the search firm I hire, I'd definitely bring you in for an interview.

Can TexansTalk be considered a search firm?

Do I have the ability to hire and fire people? I have a few in mind :devilpig:

Yes, yes we can. We would do it for free.

Tilman's been one of the worst owners in the NBA since he bought the Rockets ....

Hard Pass on Tilman
Seems like you either love him or hate him. Personally I want to see how we come out of the harden era in a couple of years before I make my judgment. As far as I can tell he got basketball people and let them make basketball decisions.

Why do you say he was the worst?

Seems like you either love him or hate him. Personally I want to see how we come out of the harden era in a couple of years before I make my judgment. As far as I can tell he got basketball people and let them make basketball decisions.

Why do you say he was the worst?

There's a lot of financial decisions that were made since the end of that 65 win season that put them where they are today and made Harden want out.
I won't go into all of them but you can check out ClutchFans and read all about it. He's compared to the NYKnicks owner James Dolan who's widely viewed as the worst owner in sports.

There's a lot of financial decisions that were made since the end of that 65 win season that put them where they are today and made Harden want out.
I won't go into all of them but you can check out ClutchFans and read all about it. He's compared to the NYKnicks owner James Dolan who's widely viewed as the worst owner in sports.
Too be fair, Harden also was a big factor in how the rockets ended up after being a game away. I don't think Westbrook would have came over, failed to mesh, and leave the Rockets without capital to improve the team.

That said, imho, years of trying to get over the championship and failing left the team in a state where Hardens window closed unless he prolonged it somewhere else.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

+1 for Mattress Mack because he's the polar opposite of Tommy Boy McNair.
For many reasons it would seem that Mack would be a fantastic owner but am doubtful he's got the financial clout to do the deal.
What's the going price on an NFL franchise like the Texans, 2 B ? And what's the financial arrangements generally speaking on such an acquisition : 25- 50 % investment with the rest being financed or could the purchase be more highly leveraged than that ?
The newest NFL owner is David Tepper, a Wall Street guy worth roughly 15 B but most potential NFL franchise buyers don't just have 2 -3 B laying around like Tepper for an all-cash purchase.

so he started a power plant company and sold it to enron dang that deal must of been worth Billions !!!!

Whichever one of y'all buys the team can appoint me as Vice President of Football Operations. Apparently it's a position that requires no prior experience. :king:

Back