Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who should Buy the Texans

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I figured if we are going to have ridiculous threads cluttering this place, why not talk about Cal selling the team. Seems like make-believe and hypotheticals are all we do these days.

Who are potential suitors and what would the value look like?

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
I figured if we are going to have ridiculous threads cluttering this place, why not talk about Cal selling the team. Seems like make-believe and hypotheticals are all we do these days.

Who are potential suitors and what would the value look like?
My vote goes to Bert Beveridge, the founder of Tito's Vodka.

Tito's, one of the fastest growing spirits brands in America, sold an estimated 88 million bottles of vodka in 2018, up from 63 million in 2017
Beveridge started the company in 1997 with $90,000 borrowed using 19 credit cards. He slept on floors and couches while he built the business.
The business got its first big break after winning the 2001 World Spirits Competition in San Francisco against 72 vodkas from around the world.
Tito's says it donates the net proceeds from its online store to nonprofits.

Bert lives in Austin Texas and is # 18 on Forbes list of Texas Billionaires.

I wouldn't even know what type of characteristics to look for to say whether or not someone would make a good owner. So I'll just say Tillman. Don't know jack about him, but considering how Rockets fans hate him it would be entertaining at least.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

texanhead08

All Pro
I wouldn't even know what type of characteristics to look for to say whether or not someone would make a good owner. So I'll just say Tillman. Don't know jack about him, but considering how Rockets fans hate him it would be entertaining at least.

No, Rockets fans hate Tillman more than Texans fans hate the McNairs so it would never work plus he's taken too big of a loss money wise in 2020 to come up with the cash to buy the team.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Any Houston area billionaire who

- doesn't view owning an NFL team as a very profitable hobby
or
-doesn't just want to invest in football since barring 2020, the NFL pretty much prints money and adds value to your portfolio

and

know enough about football to know he does know spit about football.

that's all

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member

Tito's, one of the fastest growing spirits brands in America, sold an estimated 88 million bottles of vodka in 2018, up from 63 million in 2017
Beveridge started the company in 1997 with $90,000 borrowed using 19 credit cards. He slept on floors and couches while he built the business.
The business got its first big break after winning the 2001 World Spirits Competition in San Francisco against 72 vodkas from around the world.

Boy, did he ever blow that thing up. I remember when he started. Now it’s everywhere. That said I buy Deep Eddy, still supporting my original home area though.

The sad thing about NFL ownership is that you’re normally stuck with them for life.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Bill O'Brien just to complete the cycle of insanity.

Andre Johnson - Just cause.

JJ Watt - Just to keep him in Houston even if he is traded. Also insentive to "fall down" if we ever play against him in an important game.

Mr. T - Cause he will always pitty the foo

Peter Cullen - Because come on, if we are going to hear an endless train of being "on the right track" isnt it far more convincing and awesome to hear it said by Optimus Prime?

The fans- cause we "gotta" watch this crap.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
George Clooney, Peyton Manning, & Brad Paisley should form a group buy the team & build a new stadium in Katy
Peyton wouldnt be a great owner... it would be like the original XFL, every player would have an imaginary story line and he would make sure to inform Brad Paisley about each and every storyline. Worst of all, each storyline will have been written by an insurance salesman.

Georgy Clooney would just title it Oceans 42 and steal money from the city.

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame

Tillman ain’t got the funds it’d take to buy the Texans. He barely holding onto the Rockets.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker

The man's name sort of matches his business. But vodka? How can one brand be better? Isn't all vodka the same?

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
The HEB owner, Charles Butt. He actually cares about/knows how to run a successful business and reportedly takes care of those that work for him. I’m sure he has the cash and the friends that can help make this a reality.
HEB is on my shitlist right now because of the store near me on Westheimer. HEBs in general though are good stores, it's just mine is crapville. And after seeing some of his commercials with the football players, I don't think I want him in charge.

edo783

Hall of Fame
Cal needs to sell the club to me. Been a fan since 2002 though thick and thin. Neck, I will even give him $.35 for the club and near as I can figure, that's about a $.15 premium over actual cash value. Cal, I will be waking for your answer, but don't delay this offer is only good till Monday at noon!

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
HEB is on my shitlist right now because of the store near me on Westheimer. HEBs in general though are good stores, it's just mine is crapville. And after seeing some of his commercials with the football players, I don't think I want him in charge.
You're pissed at the poppers? But they are poppin!

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Any Houston area billionaire who

- doesn't view owning an NFL team as a very profitable hobby
or
-doesn't just want to invest in football since barring 2020, the NFL pretty much prints money and adds value to your portfolio

and

know enough about football to know he does know spit about football.

that's all
That's me! Without the billions of $$$$. :(

Was the OP just a way to get a vodka advertisement into the forum???

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

Tilman's been one of the worst owners in the NBA since he bought the Rockets ....

Hard Pass on Tilman

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Vince McMahon, he has experience owning a football franchise, is not afraid to put the cheerleaders in very revealing uniforms and if we are going to have all this soap opera style crap anyway might at least get some real entertainment out of it.

Plus say what you want he always tries to give the fans what they want and hates losing more than anything.

You know it started as a joke but the more I think about it the more sense it makes.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I should buy the Texans, but after 17 years of season tickets, I can't come to grips with putting anymore of my hard earned money into the the McNair cophers.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I should buy the Texans, but after 17 years of season tickets, I can't come to grips with putting anymore of my hard earned money into the the McNair cophers.
Honestly, the passion runs so deep that I don't care how rich I made them, if I could afford it I would buy them. I would buy absurd money to get them. People would forget them because of how much passion and success we would have.

If you buy them, can I get a job as scouting director?