Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Who is one defensive player you want Houston to either sign or trade for?

littlezoso

Practice Squad
Okay, I will start, my dream would be Quennin Williams but I doubt the Jets let him go. The Texans need interior defensive linemen much more than edges. So after him it is probably Danielle Hunter. I would love Chase Young, but I don't believe the Commanders will actually trade him. Hunter is only 27 and has been elite the last three years.

I could have sworn somebody told me the Texans are good with DTs with Collins, Ridgeway, & Rankins

Add Roy Lopez. It’s a solid DT rotation this season. Obviously would be nice to add a Quinnen Williams in FA next offseason if available but the difference will be night and day this season having Rankins/Ridgeway in the rotation for run defense compared to last season.

Okay, I will start, my dream would be Quennin Williams but I doubt the Jets let him go. The Texans need interior defensive linemen much more than edges. So after him it is probably Danielle Hunter. I would love Chase Young, but I don't believe the Commanders will actually trade him. Hunter is only 27 and has been elite the last three years.

I'm cool with Hunter, but I wouldn't touch Young without @CloakNNNdagger medical examination.

I'm cool with Hunter, but I wouldn't touch Young without @CloakNNNdagger medical examination.

Even without examining Young, I would be very weary about signing him. As opposed to what was widely reported, his 2022 injury was not an ACL and MCL rupture. It was an ACL and patellar tendon rupture. The latter in the combination was responsible for the long 13 month recovery. That combination of injuries is quite unusual and serious in respect to return to preinjury performance level.

Last edited:
Even without examining Young, I would be very weary about signing him. As opposed to what was widely reported, his 2022 injury was not an ACL and MCL rupture. It was an ACL and patellar tendon rupture. The latter in the combination was responsible for the long 13 month recovery. That combination of injuries is quite unusual and serious in respect to return to preinjury performance level.

Unfortunate injury for one heck of a prospect.

Thank you for your opinion. I suspected it would be something along these lines. Very unfortunate injury for the young man. I hope he can avoid my fate. lol. Both shoulders and both knees being replaced.

Back