Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Which players are your trade up candidates?

mussop

Hall of Fame
We all know our should know that Nick is a go get his guy type GM. So who is the guy lets say falls into teens that you would be ok with Nick moving up to get.

Dallas Turner
Jared Verse
Laitu Latu

I really like Greenard but paying him anywhere close to 20 million a year just doesn’t make sense. I would rather trade up for one of these guys and let him walk and spend the money in the middle DL. Add Wilkerson from Miami and any of those three players changes the entire dynamic of our defensive front. So much so that yes I would be ok with a trade up for any of these guys.

Marvin Harrison JR
Rome Odunze
Malic Nabers
Brock Bowers

Obviously Harrison Jr is a pipe dream but you never know. Bowers could be such a chess piece for Slowic. yes I would be ok with trade up for these guys. Nabers and Odunze I’m iffy about. I think Mitchell from Texas gives you just as much and there seems to be a good chance he is there @23.

Quinyon Mitchell
the hype on this guy from people I respect is through the roof. If our coaching staff and scouts feel the same then I’d fall in line.

Murphy 11
I really like him but would rather go with One of the top DEs on this list and Wilkerson than Murphy and Greenard at the current projected Contract.

Murphy
Mitchell
Thomas
Arnold
Odunze
Alt
Turner

Joe Alt
Dallas Turner
Rome Odunze
Terrion Arnold [Bama]

I do not think Nick will trade up more than 5-6 spots if any due to players projected at 23.
I can see trade down more than up.

Bowers, even though Schultz has re-signed.

Latu

Thomas

Mitchell

I wouldn't trade up more than 5 spots. I would trade up 10 spots for Bowers.

Add Fuaga to my above list
If Howard is truly done like badboy insists then I don’t see how T isn’t a huge priority. I’m a big big fan of Fuaga. That’s the kind of OL that gets excitEd.

Reactions: JB
I’m surprised more people don’t think Mitchell is in the same category as Thomas.
There's the WR Mitchell and the CB Mitchell, both of whom would be good selections at 23. The CB I would trade up for

I wouldnt trade up at all in this draft...way too much talent available to be giving shite away from later or rounds or early next year rounds. Sit pat and pick great talent at 23. There will be plenty available still at 23.

I wouldnt trade up at all in this draft...way too much talent available to be giving shite away from later or rounds or early next year rounds. Sit pat and pick great talent at 23. There will be plenty available still at 23.

Concur!!! With the UFA pool and late RD1 to late RD4 talent.....there's no reason to trade up. Could make sense to drop back 1-6 picks if the teams target is still on the board and Caserio could pick up an extra pick. An extra RD3 and RD4 or RD5 wouldn't be a bad thing.

I would trade up anyone more than 2 or 3 spots. This team still have alot of holes in the foundation they need to fill with young cheap talent.

The only players I value worthy for the Texans to trade up for are Harrison, Alt and Mitchell. Unlikely any fall out of the top 10 so I would hold tight and see who is left between Dejean, Latu, and Murphy. If those 3 are gone I would trade to the 2nd to accumulate extra 2nd,3rd and 4th round picks since draft is so deep. My list of players favored with 2nd through 4th round projections is typically 10-12 players, this year is 22.

Sitting at 23 we are in the sweet spot for a team to trade into the 1st to select a QB ahead of Tampa and Arizona. Wouldn't miss having 1st round pick at all if we could walk away from draft with 6 or 7 of the below players in round 2-4.

Kingsley SuamataiaOTBYU
2​
Patrick PaulOTHouston
2​
Tyler DavisDTClemson
2​
Payton WilsonLBNorth Carolina St
2​
Tyler NubinSMinnesota
2​
Kalen KingCBPenn St
2​
Malachi CorleyWRWestern Kentucky
3​
Braden FiskeDTFlorida St
3​
Graham BartonOTDuke
3​
Cooper BebeOGKansas St
3​
Cade StoverTEOhio State
3​
Blake CorrumRBMichigan
3​
Roman WilsonWRMichigan
3​
Jonah EllissDEUtah
3​
Mike SainristilCBMichigan
3​
Kris Abrams DraineCBMissouri
3​
Zak ZinterOGMichigan
4​
Ben SinnottTEKansas State
4​
Will ShipleyRBClemson
4​
Jaylen WrightRBTennessee
4​
Trevin WallaceLBKentucky
4​
Cam HartCBNotre Dame
4​
Luke McCaffreyWRRice
4​

I would trade up anyone more than 2 or 3 spots. This team still have alot of holes in the foundation they need to fill with young cheap talent.
All teams have foundation pieces surrounded by fill in pieces. The key to all good teams success are their foundation pieces. If they Think there is a player in the top ten that can be a foundation piece go get him.

All teams have foundation pieces surrounded by fill in pieces. The key to all good teams success are their foundation pieces. If they Think there is a player in the top ten that can be a foundation piece go get him.
Nick has shown he'll move up for a player he wants. Is there such a player in the first round this year?

Nick has shown he'll move up for a player he wants. Is there such a player in the first round this year?
Not really.
It would have to be someone they have ranked in the top five that falls to around the 17-18 range.

That would be a question for Nick. IMO Turner, Latu, Harrison, Nabers and a case could be made for Murphy and Bowers And Unduze.

That would be a question for Nick. IMO Turner, Latu, Harrison, Nabers and a case could be made for Murphy and Bowers And Unduze.
Other than Murphy I don't think any of the others fall into range

They aren’t trading up for a tackle. I’d be absolutely floored if they stayed or even traded down and took a tackle. And traded up? Call time of death and stick me in a box. Beyond the fact that we are giving all this credence to a Dr that hasn’t seen or talked to the patient and has only spoken in generalities, there is the money tied up. It’s flipin ridiculous to keep talking about something that has maybe a 1% chance of happening.

They aren’t trading up for a tackle. I’d be absolutely floored if they stayed or even traded down and took a tackle. And traded up? Call time of death and stick me in a box. Beyond the fact that we are giving all this credence to a Dr that hasn’t seen or talked to the patient and has only spoken in generalities, there is the money tied up. It’s flipin ridiculous to keep talking about something that has maybe a 1% chance of happening.
It's after the combine and before the draft. Speculation is all we got, and that's okay

Ummm it’s a message board. So……

I don't want Caserio to pick an ol in rd 1. But if Mims is there there's way more than a 1% chance he's the pick. Guys a stud.

They aren’t taking a tackle unless Howard is finished, and there’s not even a whisper rumor that he is finished. If his season is delayed or even lost for f-recovery they will bring in a vet, resign Fant, etc. I could see a tackle on day 3…possibly day 2 even if Howard is iffy for the entire season, but there is zero chance they take a tackle in round 1.

They aren’t taking a tackle unless Howard is finished, and there’s not even a whisper rumor that he is finished. If his season is delayed or even lost for f-recovery they will bring in a vet, resign Fant, etc. I could see a tackle on day 3…possibly day 2 even if Howard is iffy for the entire season, but there is zero chance they take a tackle in round 1.
Thanks a lot. Now we will be drafting one for sure. Jinx!

It depends on how free agency shakes out but I think there are enough good prospects available, that trading up in the first isn't necessary. Greenard is gone and that leaves a big hole at edge opposite Anderson, but there are several good edge prospects that should be available. That said, if either Latu (medically cleared), Dallas Turner or Jared Verse is still there at 20, I would consider trading up. I just don't want to spend a lot of capital on moving up.

Reactions: JB
If Howard cannot play what difference does it make how much it cost to have him on the roster?

why would Ryans allow even a whisper out if he thought Tytus cannot play?

I don't see the problem. Howard's a right side guy and a 1st round guy .... Green's a left side guy, also a left 1st rounder. What's to discuss ? Why, were gonna kill'em !
Well hopefully Kenyon Green and Tytus Howard will not be killed.

It depends on how free agency shakes out but I think there are enough good prospects available, that trading up in the first isn't necessary. Greenard is gone and that leaves a big hole at edge opposite Anderson, but there are several good edge prospects that should be available. That said, if either Latu (medically cleared), Dallas Turner or Jared Verse is still there at 20, I would consider trading up. I just don't want to spend a lot of capital on moving up.
perhaps Jerry Hughes and Derek Barnett will return!

Now that they've replaced JG with Autry (who I don't see as downgrade) and Cashman with Al Shaair, where does Caserio look in day two of FA?

Now that they've replaced JG with Autry (who I don't see as downgrade) and Cashman with Al Shaair, where does Caserio look in day two of FA?
How does the rest of free agency (cuts and signings) go. How does picks 1-58 go? Don't even know what Texans will look like by draft time.

Back