Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

What will change for you as a fan next season?

MEGA SWATT

All Pro
I have been a "watch every game live (at home or in person), no matter what since game 1" to the point that it sometimes causes family issues.

I think I may start DVR'ing the games and will watch them ONLY if the Texans win.

What says you?

Thanks.

I really won't care what this team does until Kubiak is gone. They can't win a SB with Kubiak and I've always known that, so the Texans really haven't effected me that much emotionally for a long time. I expect this team to fail until Kubiak is gone. If he is back next year, I'll just laugh at the fans that still brainwash themselves into thinking that Kubiak will learn from his mistakes and poor philosophies that have hurt this team time and time again. I guarantee you that if Kubes is back, a lot of people will think that Kubiak has learned from his mistakes and will be a better HC for it. I hear it every off season.

Nothing, I watch every game because it's entertaining.

Win or lose it is what it is. I want them to win and it isn't as fun watching when they lose sure but I'll still support the team.

Nothing will change for me either. I'll be right back in front of the TV. I might start the game cheering for them and end the game cussing at them, but either way I'll be watching. Same as I did for the frigging Oilers.

I think the medical term for this condition is called masochist.

I really won't care what this team does until Kubiak is gone. They can't win a SB with Kubiak and I've always known that, so the Texans really haven't effected me that much emotionally for a long time. I expect this team to fail until Kubiak is gone. If he is back next year, I'll just laugh at the fans that still brainwash themselves into thinking that Kubiak will learn from his mistakes and poor philosophies that have hurt this team time and time again. I guarantee you that if Kubes is back, a lot of people will think that Kubiak has learned from his mistakes and will be a better HC for it. I hear it every off season.

I agree.

Nothing, I watch every game because it's entertaining.

Win or lose it is what it is. I want them to win and it isn't as fun watching when they lose sure but I'll still support the team.

I agree. But at this point with my kids under my roof for just 8-12 yrs....I now would rather spend time with them then watch this mess. Unless of course they are misbehaving:brando:

Nothing will change for me either. I'll be right back in front of the TV. I might start the game cheering for them and end the game cussing at them, but either way I'll be watching. Same as I did for the frigging Oilers.

I think the medical term for this condition is called masochist.

LOL

Still going to renew my season tickets and cheer for my team.

Just what McNair loves to hear........just joshing.:handshake:

I've never thought Kubiak was the guy. That's probably why this season hasn't affected me that much. Until he's gone it doesn't really matter because the team will continue to under-perform.

Kubiakism for sure^^^^

Thanks for the replies. I will read the rest later!!

Kind of like therapy reading this.............

At the start of next season I will be optimistic - that`s just the way I am. I will think our draft picks and perhaps 2 FA acquisitions will solve most of our problems. And I will be excited to see our draft picks playing, since the first pick will probably be a top 5 pick and the second pick will essentially be another first rounder...

I think the only way for me to go pessimistic into next season would be, if we don`t adress our O-line. Last two seasons I was saying - this will hurt us, we desperately need a RT and probably also a RG/LG. I clearly remember last seasons draft when lots of people didn`t consider RT a big need, and I just kept on saying: "RT is our biggest need". Well, we ended up drafting 2 RTs but both of them were injured early.

I guess at the start of next season I will be excited:

1. New coach (and that hopefully includes a new ST coach)
2. New QB (Either Case or a drafted one)
3. Watching high draft picks play

The only thing that will change with me next season is to have less expectations....I think I'd rather have a team that everyone thinks will win 8 or 9 games instead of a playoff/superbowl contender out of the gate...If they win more and overachieve great! If they win less, it's no big disappointment...

Either way, I will be supporting them because I still remember how it was to have NO home team for several years...Having ANY team to follow, no matter how bad they are playing, is much better than having NONE!!..

I'll be out of town for the week of Thanksgiving. Was really stressing about how I was going to find a sports bar in LA that would show the Texans game. Until Matt Schaub went in, that is. Now I don't GAF. I'll DVR it and watch it when I get back if they win. Maybe. Probably start spending my Sundays fishing after that.

I'll be out of town for the week of Thanksgiving. Was really stressing about how I was going to find a sports bar in LA that would show the Texans game. Until Matt Schaub went in, that is. Now I don't GAF. I'll DVR it and watch it when I get back if they win. Maybe. Probably start spending my Sundays fishing after that.

If you change your mind, there are plenty of sports bars in LA that will show the Texans game :)

Nothing much really. I'll watch and cheer like always. I guess the only thing that will change is I will have no expectations. I was really high on this year's team and honestly felt we could be in the Superbowl to represent the AFC. With those expectations came a rather hard crash with how this team is playing this season. So I'll just enjoy the guys and go week by week instead of having my head wrapped around 'Superbowl or Bust'. But I won't stop watching and supporting...even if they make me cuss like a sailor.

What will change? Nothing. The current coaches will be fired and we'll all be excited about a new staff... then free agency will hit and we'll watch excitedly because no one knows what the new coaches will do. When the draft gets here the usual suspects will have learned as much as they can about the coaches - their systems - skill sets at specific positions, etc. After an eternity, training camp will be here and we'll be "all in."

What will change? Nothing. We'll buy snake oil from the new regime like we have with the last 2. And we will continue to wait for a championship.

Nothing..i'm gonna be watching regardless...my excitement level may not be as high..but i'll be in front of my TV every sunday at 12 pm.

What will change? Nothing. The current coaches will be fired and we'll all be excited about a new staff... then free agency will hit and we'll watch excitedly because no one knows what the new coaches will do. When the draft gets here the usual suspects will have learned as much as they can about the coaches - their systems - skill sets at specific positions, etc. After an eternity, training camp will be here and we'll be "all in."

What will change? Nothing. We'll buy snake oil from the new regime like we have with the last 2. And we will continue to wait for a championship.

I kind of expected that if I lived long enough I would find something that you and I could agree on. :)

:coffee:

After being an Oiler fan from the very beginning, w/season tickets for several years, it was rather a relief when they left and my Sundays were not ruined. I actually found other things to do and after a short time I forgot all about pro football. It was enjoyable. I will not get in that situation again.

I lost interest in the Texans team this year. Maybe an off season will erase the disgust I feel right now.

I am not such a fan that I will accept such ineptitude, watch or go to the games and say rah rah rah. Not in my makeup anymore.

I guess what I am trying to say is that my life, away from pro football, is not that boring.

Not trying to slam Texan fans for being fans. To each his/her own.

Guess I am just not all in.

:coffee:

Nothing will change for me as well. I will make my annual pre-dawn drop behind Utah Beach and prey to God I link up with the 4th Division before sundown.

Btw, this year it's been almost three months and still no sign of that 4th Division. :embarrass

Spent the day with my niece and didn't think about football at all. Once she settled down for a nap, I hopped on here and read through the gameday thread. sounds like I didn't miss a thing. Thanks for the reinforcement, Texans! :)

Spent the day with my niece and didn't think about football at all. Once she settled down for a nap, I hopped on here and read through the gameday thread. sounds like I didn't miss a thing. Thanks for the reinforcement, Texans! :)

Lol, awesome.

You missed the Texans playing on Sunday, JJ and Mercilus made some plays.

That will always be enough for me to watch, I didn't enjoy watching most the game but I always enjoy watching the Texans play football, even if when they suck it isn't nearly as fun.

Yep....thats a symptom of them dag gum fairweathered fans....you dont want to watch your team live.....so you can do other things that you think are more important.....
Real fans dont make excuses for not watching a game live.....unless it is a emergency....thats just lame if you ask me.....real lame.....

Was wondering when they would start falling off.....lol....

Pretty pathetic thread.....if you ask me.....

Thread heading should have been...."excuses for not watching live.....aka....i am a future bandwagoner.......".....lmfao.....

I bet he turns into one of these.....:bag:

Nothing! I will continue to work hard so that I can pay for my two team season tickets. I'm one of those type of fans that will endure the frustrations, and the eternal optimist that somewhere in the future this too, shall pass. It's very possible for the Texans and also for the return of the Cowboys.

The following was written in 1990. The Cowboys are a joke. Have you seen the new ABC comedy? Thirtysomething, Cowboys 0, Know why Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys? He wanted to get as far as possible from professional football, Did you hear the Cowboys are going to play Southern Methodist-The Cowboys need the practice and SMU needs the win. Of course the tide did turn for a few years, and I still expect it to happen again.

The Texans had some very harsh years as well, and made some very impressive winning seasons. I expect that to return in the not too distant future. I think for those who hung in there, thick and thin will delight in the rewards. It's just something different in the emotional state in championships after enduring the hardships before the prize.

Re: What will change for you as a fan next season?

I will drink. I will drink a lot heavier!

Nah JK, all the years with the Oilers' and Astros' disappointments taught me one thing. Be a fan, but don't get too high or too low and quit breaking / destroying your own shyte.

Is Joe Texan keeping a low profile? I haven't seen the big hat or pumping up the fans in the Bull Pen in quite a while.

Back