Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What we need for 2005

wolf123

Rookie
Since finaly everyone sees that we lack talent in alot of places here is what I suggest we do about it.
1. DT- no one outside of robaire smith can even remotely generate a pass rush, we need to either go for marcus spears, or another stud tackle in the draft.
2. Middle linebacker- jay foreman is average at best and it would be great if we could pick on up, either by free agency or the draft, ed hartwell is a free agent and would work nicely and there our some good talent in the draft at around the second round.
3. In the third round we should go for the best player available like a maybe a offensive linemen, like a center or guard or draft another safety.
Hopefully we can cure this lack of talent by next year

that sounds good we need both of those positions filled on defense. but if we wait till the 3rd round for a o-lineman we better get one or two in free agency.

OL...the more time Carr has, the better chances we have to put up points. This game looked like the ESPN commercial 2 years ago.

Vinny said:
Robaire Smith? The guy with one sack all year and no tackles today?
Yeah, but I heard on SR610 that the coaches have been pleased with Smith and Walker because they have been steady and for the most part they have tied up blockers, which is their job. I would like more big plays from him, though...

This is the guy we need:
auburn.jpg

^yes, please.

As for the lack of pass rush from the DL...we run a friggin 3-4, not the 4-3 or the 46 even. D-line in this system are not supposed to generate a pass rush, their job is to tie up blockers. As for R. Smith's lack of tackles today...plenty of blame to spread around today, overall I think Robaire has played fairly well this year.

OLINE OLINE OLINE! I'd like to say defense is a problem too, but look at the rest of the league. NO ONE looks like they're playing good defense, and I think it's because of the new NFL rules. Either way, defense didn't do too bad today. The Colts scored on only about half of their possetions today, and that's no too bad. What was bad was the number of possetions they got...

phan1 said:
Either way, defense didn't do too bad today. The Colts scored on only about half of their possetions today, and that's no too bad. What was bad was the number of possetions they got...

Have to disagree with you on the defense not playing too bad. From missed tackles and bad angles on the Stokley TD, to Coleman whiffing and giving up an eighty yarder to a tight end, I think they did pretty bad. How many yards after the catch did the Colts have? It had to be a ton.

As for what we need in 2005, how about a sure tackler on the defensive side of the ball, or someone who knows what their deep responsibilty is.

In the 3-4 defense you need lineman who can tie up blockers and get after the quarterback in the pass rush. Right now all we have is one linemen who can do both, seth payne is still working his way back, and gary walker hasn't played well at all.
Also the O-line is going to improve and theirs no way the texans draft a o-linemen in the first two rounds. wand and pitts are both young and inexperienced at their positions.
In the draft were either going DL in round one or Secondary help.

It all starts in the trenches......this team just hasnt had enough time to build up enough talent, specially on the OL. Im hoping this draft is a strong one for the OL . The last couple of years its been a strong DL draft and fairly weak for the OL except for Gallery. The Texans really need an all-pro tackle to anchor the line. Bossili would have really turned our fortunes around but it wasnt to be.

I think we need to get a stud RB. Davis gave us false hope of that last season. I also think we need to bolster our D-line and O-line. Perhaps we should look at RB, NT, C in this draft.

phan1 said:
OLINE OLINE OLINE! I'd like to say defense is a problem too, but look at the rest of the league. NO ONE looks like they're playing good defense, and I think it's because of the new NFL rules. Either way, defense didn't do too bad today. The Colts scored on only about half of their possetions today, and that's no too bad. What was bad was the number of possetions they got...
Couldn't agree more. The Colts will score a ton of points against any and every defense in the NFL. But their D is and has been for years less than
average. Any mediore offene should be effective against the Colts D. Ours
wasn't yesterday.

nunusguy said:
Couldn't agree more. The Colts will score a ton of points against any and every defense in the NFL. But their D is and has been for years less than
average. Any mediore offene should be effective against the Colts D. Ours
wasn't yesterday.

Honestly, this is the one game that it may have been best to come out with a couple of runs and of course this is the game that we pass on the 3 times on the first series. It was the offense's job to limit the touches of the colts with 10-12 play drives and that did not happen until it was to late.

The most shocking/dissapointing thing about our performance yesterday was the ineptness of our offense. I knew our defense couldn't stop Peyton and his bunch but I thought our offense will keep it close and let us stay in the game. The Colts defense ranks last in the league and I thought that we coud atleast put up points and stay on the field. Unfortunately, that was the worst performance by our o-line since we played the Chargers in our first year. If our offense played well then those two INT's by our defense could've been the big plays that we needed to win the game. Overall I thought we got outplayed and outcoached in every single area of yesterday's game. Capers and his crew have a lot of work to do now and hopefully we'll be much better in our Sunday night game against the Packers.

Back