Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What type are you?

I'd draft Robinson with the #2 if I couldn't trade down a few and then grab Levis with the 12. Risky? Silly even? Sure but I've seen worse QB's take the Oilers and Texans farther than I'd ever imagine and I want to see them turn Robinson loose behind the kind of offense that Arian Foster ran behind. Score points, eat the clock, and let the defense rest. I'll come after a bad-ass WR next year or maybe try to bring Hopkins back to pair with Metchie for this season. I'm way out in the weeds I know but I still think it would be more fun than anything we've watched since 2012.

I'd draft Robinson with the #2 if I couldn't trade down a few and then grab Levis with the 12. Risky? Silly even? Sure but I've seen worse QB's take the Oilers and Texans farther than I'd ever imagine and I want to see them turn Robinson loose behind the kind of offense that Arian Foster ran behind. Score points, eat the clock, and let the defense rest. I'll come after a bad-ass WR next year or maybe try to bring Hopkins back to pair with Metchie for this season. I'm way out in the weeds I know but I still think it would be more fun than anything we've watched since 2012.

If people would put up with doing that, it would be fun to watch!

If people would put up with doing that, it would be fun to watch!

I don't know that too many people would be upset over that series of picks. The OL isn't as bad as it's been in the past. You got Robinson and Pierce to run behind it, that new TE from Dallas we signed to throw to, and the WR room isn't "empty" (nothing to get excited about admittedly but that can be addressed). As long as nobody from the O'Brien/Culley/Smith era is involved in the mix and if we could do something like what San Francisco is doing offensively I think that would work. Keenum, Mills, and Levis "compete" to start and ideally you feel comfortable enough with Levis to start the season behind a decent line with a pretty sweet running game appearing. What's not to like right?

;)

I don't know that too many people would be upset over that series of picks. The OL isn't as bad as it's been in the past. You got Robinson and Pierce to run behind it, that new TE from Dallas we signed to throw to, and the WR room isn't "empty" (nothing to get excited about admittedly but that can be addressed). As long as nobody from the O'Brien/Culley/Smith era is involved in the mix and if we could do something like what San Francisco is doing offensively I think that would work. Keenum, Mills, and Levis "compete" to start and ideally you feel comfortable enough with Levis to start the season behind a decent line with a pretty sweet running game appearing. What's not to like right?

;)
What are your thoughts on how we can improve the wide receiver room?

Last edited:

;)

Isn't there a third QB already on the team, or did I miss something?

:coffee:

What are your thoughts on? How we can improve the wide receiver room?

In the short term it's probably pretty limited. Hope for a season or so out of one of the remaining free agent WR's (Landry maybe?). Grab one in the third or fourth round if you see one you like, and then of course there is the time-honored combing of practice squads for help. Someone might shake loose in training camp somewhere who can help. It's not the bare cupboard it has been at times though. If Metchie's is what they thought he would be and Just one of the older guys has something left then they should be OK for now. 2024 draft will have some options in it.

;)
Imagine being able to draft a bigger McCaffrey at 1-12,. I think you could use Bijan like the 49ers use Deebo.

Never pass on star level talent.

Imagine being able to draft a bigger McCaffrey at 1-12,. I think you could use Bijan like the 49ers use Deebo.

Never pass on star level talent.
I would not be against it but I would be surprised if he makes it past Philadelphia.
With him and Schultz in the stable, it would boost our receiver corp and lessen the need for a WR with a high draft pick.

Why I would take Robinson at 1.2 and then try to get Levis at 1.12 I think Levis has a better chance of being there at 12 than Robinson.
I wouldn't take Robinson at 2 nor Levis at 12

Ok turn off your comic button; put away here's your sign Jeff Foxworthy; and not your blood type or what you prefer in a relationship.

Are you offensive football or defensive minded? Do you become more focused or excited when one side or other comes on field? To some, it's a game and we cheer a score or good play; to others, it's all about the W or L.

Free agency has peaked, combine over yet next important event a frw days away. Are you a best player available or team needs first? Do you focus on one or two positions in college games as well as NFL?

Have some of us changed from our historical point of view?

I'm defensive minded and position of preference is cornerback.

I prefer an offensive minded head coach and am ok with Ryans and Slowik..
If he brings same or at least closely resembling O to Houston.

Your thoughts?

In the old era (2000s, 10s) I would prefer defensive and as of now, it’s the same. You look around the league and you realize defensive head coaches aren’t winning Super Bowls as of recently. I believe balance is the key. I would prefer a situation similar to Buffalo. A star qb with a defensive minded coach. Half the league wants to follow Bellichec formula or Andy Reid. If I was a Hc my goal would be simple. Score as quick as you can and never let your foot off the gas. A lot of risks would be taken but if you don’t gamble you probably won’t be rewarded. Just want the Texans to have a great draft and 8-8 season I wouldn’t even be mad. I want to see progression. Last season was bad besides a few new comers who stood out but the staff didn’t see any progress in a lot of our players

Back