Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What player you preferred at #67 over QB Davis Mills

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.

Alright man. Wager terms:

If Mills does NOT suit up in a single game during the 21 season (or post-season 22) as active, i owe the site $50.

If he's injured the wager is null and void.

If he's healthy throughout the year and active for a single game you owe the site $50.

I'm down if you are. Stop slipping $1's in stripper sling strings. Your gonna pay!

AGREEABLE?

Your my boy tk but I hate to steal from you.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
let me rephrase they will try there hardest not to play mills he will be #3 behind taylor and FInley

but since will prob win 2 games lets just say finley will get allooot of play time

amazing80

Hall of Fame

If Mills does NOT suit up in a single game during the 21 season (or post-season 22) as active, i owe the site $50.

If he's healthy throughout the year and active for a single game you owe the site $50.

I'm down if you are. Stop slipping $1's in stripper sling strings. Your gonna pay!

AGREEABLE?

Just active? Not plays in a game? Want to make sure the terms are clear for you guys.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

AGREEABLE?

I don't mind giving to the site, even if it's in your name. But this guy looks like Pep's project.

I think he's going to be a professional scout team QB for 2021. There's no pressure for him to play in 2021. He might start in 2022, week 1.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
I’ll play devils advocate here and say where the D is concerned that we got JAGs with potential upside to fill each and every position in FA.

What the D will lack is star quality on the Edge, a shutdown corner, a rangey MLB etc. If the Texans didn’t see what they needed to elevate what they have, Vs a QB that Culley Pep & co think they can develop, then the pick makes sense.
Next season we could well have multiple #1s with which to load up the premier talent our D is going to need.

Let’s hope we found a gem in Davis, he seems like a grafter who will develop well.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Melifonu/Cox would've been my two 3rd rd picks. But I liked Mills more than most too.

If Mills becomes a top tier starter then this draft is a success. I do like Collins too.
So, 11 games, no workout , and as Mills stated, no contact from the Texans. Seems ridiculous to me.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
These NFL GM's are strange fellows, hard to figure out and vision into the future in this case. There was a mini run on QB's, Trask #64 to Tampa and Mond #66 to Vikings leaving Caserio with Mills #67. Pass rusher to replace Mercilus high on my board, Payton long gone but Joseph Ossai sitting right there, but you know QB position trumps all....

Jack Burton

Veteran
And all the talking heads raved about how great a pick it was.🙄
Kiper was grilling McShay saying it wasn’t the right pick at 3 earlier. I was surprised.
I don’t think SF ever intended to take any of these QBs. I think they were attempting to acquire Rogers and it all backfired. I think they liked some of the QBs as any scouting dept would, but that wasn’t there real plan and once any and all deals fell through with GB, they suddenly were left with actually having to pick one of them.

Texian

Hall of Fame
My 2021 Texans draft without a Belichick clerk interference:

#67 - Quinn Meinerz OC
#109 - Bobby Brown III DL
#122 - Tommy Togiai, DL
#147 - Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR
#158 - Brenden Jaimes, OT
#195 - Tay Gowans, CB
#202 - James Wiggins, S
#212 - Jonathan Cooper, Edge
#233 - Cade Johnson, WR

Last edited:

Earl34

Hall of Fame
My 2021 Texans draft without a Belichick clerk interference:
#67 - Quinn Meinerz OC
#109 - Bobby Brown III DL
#122 - Tommy Togiai, DL
#147 - Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR
#158 - Brenden Jaimes, OT
#195 - Tay Gowans, CB
#202 - James Wiggins, S
#212 - Jonathan Cooper, Edge
#233 - Cade Johnson, WR
This is the first time I can recall seeing this Belichick clerk reference. That's funny!