Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What one little difference

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
What one small factor do you think can do the most to change a run-of-the-mill franchise to a dynasty? For me it's a FB who can take the ball and get the short tough yardage.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
What one small factor do you think can do the most to change a run-of-the-mill franchise to a dynasty? For me it's a FB who can take the ball and get the short tough yardage.
A top tier TE
or
A top tier RB.
Just look at the really good TE's and what they mean to their QB.
Closer to home, what true Texan fan will ever forget Arian Foster.

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
Get a young offensive line coach who actually was an offensive lineman at an advanced level. First question in skull session .... those who played here in 2019, make me understand exactly what your blocking scheme was and be on the lookout for a Carlos Hyde type of back. We will then begin to reinstate and add a passing scheme that is similar, trying to improve it while looking for receivers to replace those we are about to lose !

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
A TEAM
Every aspect of the team working together.

Now, like the 85 Bears you can have a D or O that really want to rip each other apart. But, it still builds up a strong bond.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
We have the most difficult to find one on the books...Franchise QB.

The rest comes down to talent scouting, coaching & cap management.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
A head coach with the vision, charisma and ability to get the most out of the players that his GM gets him. Most perennially successful franchises have that guy.
I prefer a CEO type HC who is hands off as far as offense, defense and special teams rather than one who is down in the weeds game-planning and/or calling plays.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
LMAO!! Yeah, a stud FB is what we need to be a perennial SB contender

dream_team

Hall of Fame
LMAO!! Yeah, a stud FB is what we need to be a perennial SB contender
I think the gist of what the OP is asking is what "small" move would provide the best bang for your buck, in regards to building a dynasty.

As we all know, no small move will do that... but the question is just for fun, not to be taken too seriously.

I am tired with this watson crap, go away already and win your superbowls somewhere else okay!!! OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Caserio gets bunch of picks and Luck comesback to NFL and signs with us.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I am tired with this watson crap, go away already and win your superbowls somewhere else okay!!! OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Caserio gets bunch of picks and Luck comesback to NFL and signs with us.
Is Luck any good now? Caserio has no way to do much with Cal and Easterby looking over his shoulder every second and making choices based on what they like. So much for going out of the picture once a GM was hired

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I know Im far from the brightest cookie in the mustard tree, but

Wouldnt Luck be tied to Indy? Never really paid much attention to the contract dealings since what do I care... aint my money.

If we would have to go through Indy, no way they trade him to us IF he is even a shell of his former self.
Yeah was thinking the same thing, the same CBA that ties Watson to us might tie Luck to Indy seeing as he still had 3 years on his contract. Of course he signed his contract under the old CBA so I don’t know if that would affect it. I’m not savvy enough on contracts to know if that matters or not.