Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What if....?

It also depends on the health Kenny Wright. If Wright is back and in shape then they will probably insert him in the starting lineup and keep Coleman at FS...

Fiddy said:
It also depends on the health Kenny Wright. If Wright is back and in shape then they will probably insert him in the starting lineup and keep Coleman at FS...

If they were going to do that, why didn't they do it anytime last year (before Wright was coming off an injury)?--all the personnel for that move were in place.

infantrycak said:
If they were going to do that, why didn't they do it anytime last year (before Wright was coming off an injury)?--all the personnel for that move were in place.
Probably because Wright had to play for an injured Glenn....

Fiddy said:
Probably because Wright had to play for an injured Glenn....

True, but going into the season you were looking at Matt Stevens playing FS still. Coleman remains a better CB than Wright in my mind so I just don't see that. Now, the question this year to me is how far along has Faggins come? If he has tremendously improved (as stated by Capers) from the level he was playing against Indy, then seems he might just step in. Hopefully this is all something we never have to see this season.

That would be very unfortunate for the Texans. I think Coleman will stick at FS because that is his position now and he will be staying there! He needs to get used to his position. Kenny Wright wouldn't automatically get the starting job. I agree with infantrycak, after the superb performance against Marvin Harrison, Demarcus Faggins has all that takes to be a better CB than Wright. So it will be a competition to become the third CB of the Texans.

But lets hope this day never comes.

As far as I see it we have three possible CB's who might step in if Coleman stayed at FS - Eric Kelly, Faggins, and Wright (if healthy). I have mixed feelings about leaving Coleman at FS in that situation when he has a potential playmaker backing him up in McCree, and he himself had 7 int's as a corner last season. Depends on how many reps Coleman gets as a CB in practice I suppose.

By the way, I second your opinions that I would hate to see this circumstance come up, but at the same time I unfortunately think that we'll have atleast one injury in the secondary. Hopefully whatever plan the coaches have in place is a successful one. We do have plenty of depth at the corner position now, IMO.

Back