Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson is scheduled to testify in more depositions Friday in Houston, but there is otherwise no end in sight for his legal problems there after a hearing Monday in front of a Texas judge.

Watson is being sued by 22 women who accused him of sexual misconduct during massage sessions in early 2020 to March 2021. On Monday, attorneys for Watson and the plaintiffs appeared in a Houston courtroom. The proceeding also was streamed online.

Watson did not attend. The judge ordered the plaintiffs to produce certain mental health records to Watson's legal team by Friday and also tried to corral the scheduling of a sprawling set of high-profile cases that started in March 2021. Among the highlights Monday:

When will the first trial take place?
One plaintiff wanted to go to trial in July, but Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, made it clear there are several issues in the way of that, including the possibility that each trial could last six to seven weeks. That means none of these cases likely will go to trial before March under an agreement between the parties to avoid trial during football season from Aug. 1 to March 1.

“I’ve pushed hard to try the first case filed before the end of the summer, in July,” plaintiffs attorney Tony Buzbee said in a statement after the hearing. “Watson’s team has finally said no. If Watson wants so badly to clear his name like he claims, why not try the first case that was filed against him? We are ready to try that case and look forward to doing so.”

Watson's depositions
Harris County Judge Rabeea Collier suggested the attorneys work on Saturdays to get Watson’s depositions completed by the June 23 deadline to end the gathering of pretrial discovery evidence. Collier ended up extending the cutoff for pretrial discovery to July 1.

“I know lawyers don’t want to work on Saturdays,” Collier said. “But if you could just look on a Saturday, because then Mr. Watson can fly in on a Friday, can get deposed on a Saturday and potentially longer (depositions).”
She suggested that Watson’s depositions be longer than their current two-hour limit “so it’s not so drawn out potentially and this could get wrapped up.”

Watson has testified in depositions for seven of the 22 plaintiffs, with 15 to go. The plaintiffs attorneys wanted him to sit for more depositions in May, but Hardin previously noted Watson has a new “full-time job” in Ohio that makes it difficult for him to schedule them. Hardin also protested having Watson sit for more than two depositions per day, saying it would be unfair to Watson and “exhausting.”

Watson’s depositions scheduled for Friday involve plaintiffs Ashley Solis and Lauren Baxley. All of the 22 women sued Watson in Houston, where he previously played for the Houston Texans before recently being traded to the Browns.
Length of trials
Once these cases do go to trial, each could last weeks. They could be tried separately and in different courts in Harris County, Texas. One of the big issues that will have to be decided before any trial is whether the other 21 women can testify in the case of one. Buzbee wants that, but Hardin said in court Monday that evidence from the other women would be inadmissible in the case at trial.

“But even if the court was to rule it was (admissible), you’re talking about a six- or seven-week trial, because if you introduce other women to cases in this one case … no way it can be done (by) Aug. 1,” Hardin said.
Collier ordered certain mental health records be produced by plaintiffs by Friday. Watson’s legal team had filed a motion to compel their production, noting they are important to Watson’s defense against claims by the women that they suffered emotional distress stemming from their encounters with him.
The attorneys are scheduled to appear in court again in July to assess the progress of the cases then.

Watson has denied wrongdoing after the lawsuits started in March 2021. Hardin said the women are lying, out for money and that there were “sometimes consensual encounters.” Two grand juries considered 10 police complaints against Watson with similar allegations but declined to indict him on criminal charges.
“We are 14 months after 22 lawsuits were filed,” Hardin said in court. “In reality, in the real world, to be this far along is not bad.”

Not too sure any recommendations have ever been made concerning this type of behavior.

:coffee:
Well, I’m thinking a definite suspension. However, these are 22 separate lawsuits, add on to the fact some of them include multiple incidents in one lawsuit. 6 game per allegation? Goodell I’m sure will want to make an example out of him. Hell he gave Ridley 1 year for gambling.

Besides, the NFL is about its brand. Having Watson on the field while this is going on will be detrimental

Well, I’m thinking a definite suspension. However, these are 22 separate lawsuits, add on to the fact some of them include multiple incidents in one lawsuit. 6 game per allegation? Goodell I’m sure will want to make an example out of him. Hell he gave Ridley 1 year for gambling.

Besides, the NFL is about its brand. Having Watson on the field while this is going on will be detrimental

If you honestly think there's any chance whatsoever that he gets a 132 game suspension..

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson is scheduled to testify in more depositions Friday in Houston, but there is otherwise no end in sight for his legal problems there after a hearing Monday in front of a Texas judge.

When will the first trial take place?
One plaintiff wanted to go to trial in July, but Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, made it clear there are several issues in the way of that, including the possibility that each trial could last six to seven weeks. That means none of these cases likely will go to trial before March under an agreement between the parties to avoid trial during football season from Aug. 1 to March 1.

“I’ve pushed hard to try the first case filed before the end of the summer, in July,” plaintiffs attorney Tony Buzbee said in a statement after the hearing. “Watson’s team has finally said no. If Watson wants so badly to clear his name like he claims, why not try the first case that was filed against him? We are ready to try that case and look forward to doing so.”

Watson's depositions
Harris County Judge Rabeea Collier suggested the attorneys work on Saturdays to get Watson’s depositions completed by the June 23 deadline to end the gathering of pretrial discovery evidence. Collier ended up extending the cutoff for pretrial discovery to July 1.
The plaintiffs attorneys wanted him to sit for more depositions in May, but Hardin previously noted Watson has a new “full-time job” in Ohio that makes it difficult for him to schedule them. Hardin also protested having Watson sit for more than two depositions per day, saying it would be unfair to Watson and “exhausting.”

Watson’s depositions scheduled for Friday involve plaintiffs Ashley Solis and Lauren Baxley. All of the 22 women sued Watson in Houston, where he previously played for the Houston Texans before recently being traded to the Browns.
Since when are trials and lawsuited scheduled around the accused's work schedule?!?

If you honestly think there's any chance whatsoever that he gets a 132 game suspension..
Precedent says it should. I’m not saying it will happen. But to remain consistent, these are 22 separate occurrences at least. No way to justify not giving him a season suspension at the minimum. Ben initially got 6 games for one incident. Elliott? Because all of these occurrences occurred at different times, dates etc they must be treated as such. Will the NFL do it? They will be up against the Bauer suspension.

Since when are trials and lawsuited scheduled around the accused's work schedule?!?
Have not seen that to this extent.

And BTW, nowhere so far in the reporting has it been mentioned that the main reason for Hardin adamantly refusing a July trial is that he says that he will be on vacation the first two weeks of July. :cool:

And if there is no trial until April 2023, how do you handle this many cases (6-7 weeks each by Hardin's own admission in court) before minicamp............and then undoubtedly the claim starts all over again that he is back on the job throwing footballs and needs to be there until the next regular season when things start all over again.

It almost seems that the only way his trials can ever get completed are if he is given an indefinite suspension so that the trials can be resolved in whatever time it takes. I guarantee you that would give Watson and Hardin the strong incentive to stop stalling and delaying.

Last edited:
Precedent says it should. I’m not saying it will happen. But to remain consistent, these are 22 separate occurrences at least. No way to justify not giving him a season suspension at the minimum. Ben initially got 6 games for one incident. Elliott? Because all of these occurrences occurred at different times, dates etc they must be treated as such. Will the NFL do it? They will be up against the Bauer suspension.

There's no real precedent for a case like this.

But go ahead and give that the say it out loud test.. say 'he'll get a 7.5 year suspension' and see how realistic that sounds..

Of course he's likely to face suspension, perhaps something really big, but just c'mon man..

There's no real precedent for a case like this.

But go ahead and give that the say it out loud test.. say 'he'll get a 7.5 year suspension' and see how realistic that sounds..

Of course he's likely to face suspension, perhaps something really big, but just c'mon man..
It’s 22 cases. If each case is looked as a violation of the personal conduct policy, that’s what he could face up to. That’s why I said If. You said that would be far fetched. Well like you said 22 allegations of this nature are also unprecedented. What we have seen is 4-6 game suspensions for a single incident.

It’s 22 cases. If each case is looked as a violation of the personal conduct policy, that’s what he could face up to. That’s why I said If. You said that would be far fetched. Well like you said 22 allegations of this nature are also unprecedented. What we have seen is 4-6 game suspensions for a single incident.

Did you actually try saying it out loud?

No one will probably know anything until just before the regular season. Not knowing means that 1st reps will need to be divided, not great for any team or a starting QB going into a season with a new team, new support players and a new scheme.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DESHAUN WATSON MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR ALL GAMES NEXT SEASON, BROWNS INSIDER SAYS
by SAM AMICOabout 4 hours agoupdated about 3 hours ago

Cleveland Browns traded for quarterback Deshaun Watson knowing that they may not have him for a full season in 2022. After all, Watson could still be suspended by the NFL for multiple games if it find he violated its personal conduct policy.

As you likely know, he was accused of sexual misconduct by more than 20 massage therapists. While a Grand Jury didn’t find enough evidence to take the case to trial, the NFL will come up with its own judgement.

So, it’s easy to see why everyone is thinking Watson will miss some time.

But not so fast, said longtime Brown beat reporter Tony Grossi. Watson may be in the clear, atg least when it comes to being available for all of next season.

“Originally, I thought a suspension was unavoidable,” Grossi wrote in answering fan email. “Now there is a possibility a suspension could be delayed until 2023 until the 22 civil cases against Watson are tried or settled.”
Once it became known that Watson was made available by the Houston Texans, he became the most pursued QB of the offseason. Early reports suggested he told the Browns they were out of the running. Then suddenly, they weren’t.

Again, everyone approached a potential Watson trade as if he would be sidelined by the league for no less than four games, likely more. He’s so good that no one cared.

Now, perhaps, the Browns won’t have to. At least not in Year One with Watson.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Perhaps someone in the Browns organization should have cared, perhaps.

Last edited:
No one will probably know anything until just before the regular season. Not knowing means that 1st reps will need to be divided, not great for any team or a starting QB going into a season with a new team, new support players and a new scheme.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DESHAUN WATSON MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR ALL GAMES NEXT SEASON, BROWNS INSIDER SAYS
by SAM AMICOabout 4 hours agoupdated about 3 hours ago

Cleveland Browns traded for quarterback Deshaun Watson knowing that they may not have him for a full season in 2022. After all, Watson could still be suspended by the NFL for multiple games if it find he violated its personal conduct policy.

As you likely know, he was accused of sexual misconduct by more than 20 massage therapists. While a Grand Jury didn’t find enough evidence to take the case to trial, the NFL will come up with its own judgement.

So, it’s easy to see why everyone is thinking Watson will miss some time.

But not so fast, said longtime Brown beat reporter Tony Grossi. Watson may be in the clear, atg least when it comes to being available for all of next season.

“Originally, I thought a suspension was unavoidable,” Grossi wrote in answering fan email. “Now there is a possibility a suspension could be delayed until 2023 until the 22 civil cases against Watson are tried or settled.”
Once it became known that Watson was made available by the Houston Texans, he became the most pursued QB of the offseason. Early reports suggested he told the Browns they were out of the running. Then suddenly, they weren’t.

Again, everyone approached a potential Watson trade as if he would be sidelined by the league for no less than four games, likely more. He’s so good that no one cared.

Now, perhaps, the Browns won’t have to. At least not in Year One with Watson.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Perhaps someone in the Browns organization should have cared, perhaps.
The theory that Watson won’t be suspended in year one but will in year two makes no sense. If he doesn’t get suspended this year he’s probably not getting suspended next year either. Because then Watson and his people can say “well you let me play already, why suspend me now?”

The theory that Watson won’t be suspended in year one but will in year two makes no sense. If he doesn’t get suspended this year he’s probably not getting suspended next year either. Because then Watson and his people can say “well you let me play already, why suspend me now?”
I have a feeling that the NFL may get more than just a gentle shove in their decision-making somewhere along the line............with a new lawsuit or two, and/or a new criminal charge coming to light.

Last edited:
Again, if the League makes any disposition other than indefinite suspension, any appearance of a new lawsuit and/or new criminal complaint and all bets are off again.

NFL declines comment on report of meeting with Deshaun Watson
Posted by Mike Florio on May 16, 2022, 12:38 PM EDT

The uncertain status of Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson could be moving toward some kind of certainty, soon.

League officials reportedly will meet with Watson in Texas this week, according to Josina Anderson. League spokesman Brian McCarthy tells PFT that the NFL “will decline comment on that tweet.”

McCarthy’s remark regarding the new report came in response to Monday morning questions questions aimed at securing information about the timetable for action, if any, against Watson. “We have no update,” McCarthy said. “There’s no timetable as the review is active and ongoing.”

A meeting with the player usually becomes a sign that the process is moving toward some sort of conclusion. Usually, the league meets with the player after interviewing his various accusers.

It’s unknown whether the league has met with all of Watson’s 22 accusers. The league has met with some of them. Through lawyer Tony Buzbee, some complained last year about the treatment they received via the questioning.

Some in the league office believe Watson should be placed on paid leave until the 22 pending civil lawsuits are resolved. Commissioner Roger Goodell made it clear during a March press conference that, if any action is going to be taken against Watson, he’ll simply be suspended. (Our email to the league office also sought confirmation as to that point.)

Recently, we explained the procedure that will apply to any such discipline, given changes made by the 2020 labor deal.

The league is not required to wait until the 22 cases are resolved before suspending Watson. The league could act now, it could wait, or it could impose a preliminary suspension with the door open for further action later.

My guess would be that the league will suspend him now, with the possibility of suspending him again later. But it’s just a guess. The league keeps its cards close to the vest, and it has learned in recent years to wait for as long as possible until making a decision.

Still, at some point a decision needs to be made. Justice delayed, as the saying goes, is justice denied. The Browns and Watson need to know whether he’ll be playing. He’ll also need to have time to fight whatever the league hopes to do, via the two-tiered procedure that begins with an independent hearing officer and concludes with an appeal handled by the Commissioner or his designee.

Yeah I did. If Goodell is fair that’s what it should be. They are SEPARATE incidents.

I’m sorry it’s hard to tell over text but did you actually say that with a straight face?

Personally if the independent arbiter finds he was in violation I’m expecting about a 12 games then reduced down to 8 games. Enough to hurt the Browns and make it look like they are doing something but not enough to slam the Browns SB window.

If questioned they will say two different grand juries found him innocent and everything else is a civil matter which they don’t get involved in and the 8 games is just for conduct and breaking covid protocol and not for the accusations. In the event Bauer is brought up they will simply same MLB has different by laws and a different agreement with their players union.

That’s my prediction.

I’m sorry it’s hard to tell over text but did you actually say that with a straight face?

Personally if the independent arbiter finds he was in violation I’m expecting about a 12 games then reduced down to 8 games. Enough to hurt the Browns and make it look like they are doing something but not enough to slam the Browns SB window.

If questioned they will say two different grand juries found him innocent and everything else is a civil matter which they don’t get involved inand the 8 games is just for conduct and breaking covid protocol and not for the accusations. In the event Bauer is brought up they will simply same MLB has different by laws and a different agreement with their players union.

That’s my prediction.
1. The Grand Jury didn’t find him innocent. Not being charged and being found innocent are two completely separate things. It would be hogwash because the NFL has suspended players for less.

2. Civil Matter? There were no civil suits in the Elliot suspension. Watson being involved in 22 separate civil suits actually hurts the league. Because at any time more and more information will come out about each one. This is why an indefinite suspension until the cases are done should be on the table.
Also, these are sexual assault and sexual misconduct cases. 8-12 games would be nowhere enough if you read the personal conduct policy itself, because there are multiple violations on different rules in it.

Last edited:
1. The Grand Jury didn’t find him innocent. Not being charged and being found innocent are two completely separate things. It would be hogwash because the NFL has suspended players for less.

2. Civil Matter? There were no civil suits in the Elliot suspension. Watson being involved in 22 separate civil suits actually hurts the league. Because at any time more and more information will come out about each one. Which is why an indefinite suspension until the cases are done should be on the table.
Also, these are sexual assault and sexual misconduct cases. 8-12 games would be nowhere enough if you read the personal conduct policy itself.

Dude you keep preaching to the choir on here but you seem to keep missing the fact that Watson is young, rich and famous and people like that rarely pay the consequences on this Earth for the things they do. Didn’t the grand jury, which you insisted the DA was going to hang him out to dry, show you anything about how the world works in these situations?

The only “justice” that will be found here is the butt load of money he will have had to pay to make this all go away. Any other punishment is in the hands of higher powers and no I don’t mean Goodell. It isn't right, it isn’t fair and it isn’t justice but it is reality and that tops everything.

Also once more, the suspension should and likely will take into consideration Watson’s habits and the chances more women come out or if it happens again. The NFL is not off the hook even after a suspension

3257269, member: 56426"]
Dude you keep preaching to the choir on here but you seem to keep missing the fact that Watson is young, rich and famous and people like that rarely pay the consequences on this Earth for the things they do. Didn’t the grand jury, which you insisted the DA was going to hang him out to dry, show you anything about how the world works in these situations?

The only “justice” that will be found here is the butt load of money he will have had to pay to make this all go away. Any other punishment is in the hands of higher powers and no I don’t mean Goodell. It isn't right, it isn’t fair and it isn’t justice but it is reality and that tops everything.
I’m not arguing that. Just that the NFL or anyone else cannot make the argument that Watson was found innocent because for that to happen, charges must be brought, only then can someone be found innocent. No charges were brought by the GJ didn’t mean he was innocent. Just no charges were brought which Corrosion has stated and Doc has alluded to the right people were paid off.

I expect him to have to pay a lot of money. But the NFL cannot argue that the civil cases don’t affect them.

If questioned they will say two different grand juries found him innocent and everything else is a civil matter which they don’t get involved in and the 8 games is just for conduct and breaking covid protocol and not for the accusations. In the event Bauer is brought up they will simply same MLB has different by laws and a different agreement with their players union.

That’s my prediction.

Wow, you think God'ells going to let him play before 22 sexual assault claims against him are being settled. What in God'ells past actions in this case makes you think that. I think they cut the same deal with the Browns that they cut with the Texans (I'm only going back on the Calhoun's because calling them that has hurt some posters feelings. LMAO) you pay him until the legal stuff is settled and keep him on the roster. It's why Derrick's contract is written the way its written. What they didn't take into account 1. Maybe some of these women want to go to court. 2. What hapeens when some more women popup after this is settled. Bet you, Buzbee has a few more bullets left to fire.

Pack your oil Boys! Oh, wait I mean bathing suit...yeah that's what I meant

I'm sure Derrick will be setting up the extra curricular activities. He will become a leader of the Browns (Stinky Finger) crew soon.

I wonder how Rusty feels about the fact that Watson is taking his teammates to the Bahamas after arguing Watson couldn’t travel back and forth to Houston for depositions when he has a full time job in Ohio. Also the judge told Rusty to try and schedule something on the weekends. Well, Watson is taking his teammates on the weekend I believe. Genius.

I wonder how Rusty feels about the fact that Watson is taking his teammates to the Bahamas after arguing Watson couldn’t travel back and forth to Houston for depositions when he has a full time job in Ohio. Also the judge told Rusty to try and schedule something on the weekends. Well, Watson is taking his teammates on the weekend I believe. Genius.

The judge hopefully will get tired of this crap and say, you will be here on Friday and Saturday doing depositions. Cancel the Bahamas trip.

So far there have been no repercussions for Derricks perversions. His schedule hasn't been put out a bit.

Let you are I suggest this to this judge and see what she says.

Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson admitted during a pretrial deposition last week that one of his disputed encounters with a massage therapist ended with the woman crying, followed by an apology sent to her by text message from Watson, according to the woman’s attorney.

This verifies a portion of the women’s claims against him and raises the question of what caused to her cry during their encounter. In his deposition, Watson said he didn’t know, according to the attorney, Tony Buzbee. The woman is suing Watson for civil assault and claims in her lawsuit that Watson purposely touched her with his penis during the massage, causing her to feel scared and cry.

The deposition last week was taken on behalf of the therapist, Ashley Solis, the first of 22 women who have sued Watson and accused him of similar sexual misconduct during massage sessions from early 2020 to March 2021. The encounter with Solis came on March 30, 2020, in her home in the Houston area.
“But you know why you sent that text apology afterwards?” Buzbee asked Watson during the deposition last week, according to a partial transcript obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

“Yes, because she was teary-eyed,” Watson replied. “And I was trying to figure out what was going on. So, I assumed that she was uncomfortable in whatever reason. And we talked about working in the future. And so, I said, `We can work in the future. Just let me know.’ And then I sent my apologies as whatever reason she was teary-eyed for.”
Solis did not reply to Watson’s text, according to her lawsuit.

Watson has other pretrial depositions scheduled for June but is not expected to go to trial with any of these lawsuits until after February, according to a deal between the plaintiffs and defense attorneys. He has denied wrongdoing. His attorney, Rusty Hardin, didn’t immediately return a message seeking comment.
The NFL has been investigating the matter and could suspend him for a violation of its personal conduct policy. It was scheduled to meet with Watson this week.

Watson, 26, was not arrested or charged in these cases. Two grand juries in Texas considered criminal complaints about him but declined to indict him on criminal charges. He recently was traded by the Houston Texans to Cleveland, which gave him a record contract of $230 million guaranteed over five seasons.
Follow reporter Brent Schrotenboer @Schrotenboer. E-mail: bschrotenb@usatoday.com

Sources: Recent 'deadlock' in Deshaun Watson civil cases is expected to push all trials to 2023
Charles Robinson
·NFL columnist
Tue, May 17, 2022, 1:48 PM·2 min read

HOUSTON — All civil lawsuit trial proceedings between 22 women and Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson are expected to be pushed to 2023, two sources familiar with communications between attorneys handling the litigation told Yahoo Sports.

Tony Buzbee, the attorney representing 22 women suing Watson for alleged sexual misconduct or sexual assault, and Rusty Hardin, who is Watson’s lead defense attorney, have not been able to come to an agreement on multiple issues, the sources said. The result has pushed the timeline for proceedings to a point that it would now likely violate the agreed-upon moratorium on cases between Aug. 1, 2022 and March 1, 2023.

Among the issues: Buzbee and Hardin have not been able to come to an agreement on which suit should be heard first between plaintiffs Ashley Solis and Lauren Baxley. Both sides also have more discovery ahead in the cases, and Watson still has a swath of depositions remaining, including at least six in June.

Arguably the biggest hangup remaining — aside from the court and vacation schedules for Buzbee and Hardin — is the manner of presentation in the cases could make the trials significantly longer than expected. The sources said Buzbee is considering introducing evidence of other plaintiffs’ allegations in each individual proceeding, which would then lead to Hardin responding to each allegation individually during cross examination and with presentations of evidence. Ultimately, one source said that back-and-forth could “stretch out a trial 6 to 8 weeks.”

If that’s an accurate timeline, it means Watson’s first civil trial would have to begin proceedings by June 1, in hopes of wrapping up arguments by the beginning of the moratorium on cases on Aug. 1. It also means that if all 22 cases go to court, Watson could be tied up in legal proceedings well beyond 2023.

For now, it means all of Watson’s 22 civil cases will be bumped into 2023, with the first trial dates set for March.

Back