Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

What cuts interest you?

The Raiders also cut veteran CB Duane Starks. He was a pretty good cover guy, but I think he's lost a step or three over the years. He couldn't cut it with the Patriots & now he can't make the cut with the Raiders. He was pretty good early in his career when he was with the Cards & Ravens. It's a shame if he goes out like this.

Finally some word of the COLTS cuts this morning by ProFootballTalk.

POSTED 8:16 a.m. EDT, September 3, 2006

COLTS CUTS . . . FINALLY

Several readers have advised us that the Indianapolis Colts have deliberately withheld their list of final roster cuts from the public, opting to defer the disclosure until Sunday morning. The speculation is that the team's primary goal was to prevent the Indianapolis Star from getting the information into its Sunday editions, in direct retribution for the paper's coverage of the Adam Vinatieri injury. The Colts apparently are furious with the Star for getting quotes from Vinatieri's mom suggesting that the high-profile free-agent (well, as high-profile as a free-agent kicker can ever be) has a broken foot.

The team's decision to announce only the cut of backup kicker Shane Andrus is thus being perceived as a slap directly at the Star, since it leaves Vinatieri as the only kicker on the roster.

But thanks to our pal Howard Balzer, we've gotten our mitts on the Colts final cut list, before its announcement. Here they are: K Shane Andrus, DB Waine Bacon, QB Josh Betts, DT Vincent Burns, DB Tanard Davis, LB Nick Hannah, TE Joey Hawkins, WR Ed Hinkel, P Reggie Hodges, RB Tony Hollings, LB Brandown Hoyte, G Trever Hutton, DT Tom Johnson, T Bo Lacy, LB Dale Robinson, G Russ Tanner, G Matt Ulrich, DT Marcus West (injured), DE Jonathan Welsh, WR Marc Boerigter, QB Shaun King, RB Jonathan Wells.

The release of King leaves the Colts with only two quarterbacks -- Peyton Manning and Jim Sorgi. And Sorgi suffered a shoulder injury two weeks ago in a preseason game.

David's Busted Carr said:
Rogers for sure. He might flourish with a change of scenery. He's got WORLDS of talent.

IMO, Carr would use Rogers like he does his other WRs--not very much and short.

I don't know what kind of contract he has, but Mark Bruener hasn't exactly set the world on fire.....and I was really happy when we signed him away from the Steelers.

Man... I'm anxious... I know the deadline is 11 am .. but WHEN will we know?!?! The Texans cant keep us in suspense... I want to see if we grab one of these guys...

WR Charles Rogers
DB Matt Ware
RB Lee Suggs
WR/KR Skyler Green
DT Chad Lavalais
LB Rocky Boiman
RB Najeh Davenport
S Hank Miligan
WR Tyrone Calico
DB Dwayne Slay

WE HAVE TO COME AWAY WITH ONE OF THESE DUDES....

David's Busted Carr said:
Rogers for sure. He might flourish with a change of scenery. He's got WORLDS of talent.

Rogers problems aren't just health and drug related... he doesn't have much work ethic either. It's possible, but not easy to fix one of those things, but that's quite a trifecta there.

Rob Pettiti could really help you guys out, and it won't be long till he's picked up by a team. Forced to start several games with the injury of Flozell Adams, he struggled like any rookie would, though showed his moments. During the off-season, he really bulked up and came in TC as the leading canidate for the RT position, but I guess wasn't good enough for the Tuna, which shocked the Cowboy fanbase, as only a week earlier Parcells said he'd be used as "swing" guy.

LBblitz said:
Im a little curious about najeh davenport...just a thought.

Davenport is interesting, huge, fast, 5 ypc on the career. He's 27... if he doesn't produce immediately his football career is over. Alot of talent, a little motivation, and a change of scenery might make up for some previous character issues and questionable health. Durability really is only an issue for RBs when you lock them up long term... just work 'em 'til they get hurt seems to be the trend anyways.

Calico is intriguing as well.

I stated in another thread that I thought Dayne could be a nice compliment to Morency and Lundy as the "big" back, just kind of pound it through the line for short yardage situations.

bigTEXan8 said:
I stated in another thread that I thought Dayne could be a nice compliment to Morency and Lundy as the "big" back, just kind of pound it through the line for short yardage situations.
Dayne couldn't pound his way through a wet paper bag. He is not very good and I would be really dissapointed if we took him. I would rather see Davenport but the reality is we will likely see neither.

For those of you who are picking guys we may take. First ask yourself "Can this guy play special teams?". Because unless they can somehow make the starting lineup they will need to contribute in some way now. Does anyone see Charles Rogers running down on kickoffs? I don't, but I also have not watched many Lions games. He could have been doing it all this time for all I know. :cool:

HowBoutThemCowboys! said:
Rob Pettiti could really help you guys out, and it won't be long till he's picked up by a team. Forced to start several games with the injury of Flozell Adams, he struggled like any rookie would, though showed his moments. During the off-season, he really bulked up and came in TC as the leading canidate for the RT position, but I guess wasn't good enough for the Tuna, which shocked the Cowboy fanbase, as only a week earlier Parcells said he'd be used as "swing" guy.

Well too late now, he was just picked up Sean Payton and the Saints.

David Dixon, the OLB from juco was cut by the 49ers. I was really high on this guy before the supp draft, maybe he is worth a look.

Rob Petitti (OT)
Reggie McNeal (QB/WR/KR)
Orien Harris (DT)
Kelly Butler (OT)
Chad Lavalais (DT)

I wouldn't mind having any of these guys.

Back