Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What 1 Texan will you focus on?

Bumped this thread not to start another for KC game. I wanted to say Addae but IIRC the SS was injured so going with whomever plays opposite corner Conley. Conley keeps getting better & if I write the game plan it would be to go against Joseph or Lonnie Johnson. If Jacob Martin starts he could be the key to defense playing opposite 99.

Bumped this thread not to start another for KC game. I wanted to say Addae but IIRC the SS was injured so going with whomever plays opposite corner Conley. Conley keeps getting better & if I write the game plan it would be to go against Joseph or Lonnie Johnson. If Jacob Martin starts he could be the key to defense playing opposite 99.

Martin is the guy I’ll be focused on b/c we will need his speed off the edge. Scarlett is completely ineffective as a pass rusher and in the Buffalo game Jacob Martin got a total of 4-5 snaps in the 1st half; yes, I counted them when I rewatched the game. By the late stages of the 3rd...precisely when the defense and team started looking like something, it had completely flipped between he and Scarlett and he was making plays to boot.

Martin is the guy I’ll be focused on b/c we will need his speed off the edge. Scarlett is completely ineffective as a pass rusher and in the Buffalo game Jacob Martin got a total of 4-5 snaps in the 1st half; yes, I counted them when I rewatched the game. By the late stages of the 3rd...precisely when the defense and team started looking like something, it had completely flipped between he and Scarlett and he was making plays to boot.

I agree that this is a Jacob Martin type of game. We need his speed.

But I'm going to go with offense. I think we're going to need to score 30+ to win this game, as well as win TOP. Besides the obvious Watson, Kenny Stills in the slot is the x-factor for me. I'm predicting Fuller to play, so I'm expecting those crossing routes underneath to be open. If Kenny has a big game, it means we're moving the chains and Watson is getting rid of the ball.

I love Martin but Scarlett is cheap and does have 3 sacks. I can see a future of Ejiofor, Blackson, Vanderdoes, Omenihu & Watkins rotating on the line.

If it was 1 Texan to focus on it would always be Watson so I'm going to watch the usual, the trenches. This OL has seemed to struggle with disguised or delayed blitzes and I truly believe its the scheme. The other side is our DL, for once I would like to see our base defense (whatever it is) generate pressure from the DL. Can our defense show different looks and then change it up before the snap?

Reactions: JB
Crossen, Hargreaves and Roby played themselves out of Houston as did Fells, Hyde, Fulton, Clarke, Roderick Johnson and Coutee on offense. If Will Fuller will not rework his Fifth Season cap of 10 million dollars He should be gone also. I have suggested that he should agree to get paid for productivity or by games played. Reader will also be gone due to his play but that is a positive thing for him As he will get more money elsewhere. Then again O'Brien may choose to overpay him. 20 percent turnover of players should follow their coordinators out NRGs trash chutes.

Season over so what one roster player are you going to focus on that will improve significantly to benefit the team. Also one player did you think we could get in the offseason free agency that would benefit the Texans. Third what one player in the 2020 draft without any trades that would be available at our current picks?

1. RT Tytus Howard 2. FA RG Brandon Scherff 3.Round 2 RB JK Dobbins

Season over so what one roster player are you going to focus on that will improve significantly to benefit the team. Also one player did you think we could get in the offseason free agency that would benefit the Texans. Third what one player in the 2020 draft without any trades that would be available at our current picks?

1. RT Tytus Howard 2. FA RG Brandon Scherff 3.Round 2 RB JK Dobbins
Just read the news that Travis Etienne is returning to Clemson for his senior year. A little surprised. I had him targeted as our potential 2nd round pick.

Just read the news that Travis Etienne is returning to Clemson for his senior year. A little surprised. I had him targeted as our potential 2nd round pick.
yes on Etienne although I like Dobbins better. Wonder if Najee Harris will change his mind now that only Dobbins, Taylor and Swift ahead of him? Today is final to decide.

Back