Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Well......what do you really want?

NO NFL head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with one team, and then gone on to win one with another team. Never ever in the history of the league. Not Lombardi, not Parcells, not Holmgren, not Seifert, not Reeves, not Jimmy Johnson.

All you Gruden and Cowher lovers remember that. Also remember that Gruden and Cowher each only got their teams to ONE Super Bowl.

Cowher lost to the Cowboys in the 90s, and then won a Super Bowl against the Seahawks.

If it weren't for the Tuck Rule, Gruden likely would have been to two Super Bowls.

Marv Levy lost 4 straight Super Bowls. Would you have fired him after the second because he couldn't possibly have won after two straight losses?

The idea that it's never possible for a coach to win a Super Bowl with two different teams is laughable. Just because something hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. No team has ever won 3 straight Super Bowls; does that mean it will never happen?

Merged one ridiculous thread with another.

Come to think of it, no individual head coach who has never won a Super Bowl has ever won a Super Bowl.

The Texans are screwed! It's statistically impossible for them to hire a coach who can win the Super Bowl.
I feel my head beginning to explode.

scanners-cronenberg.jpg

"Tom Landry didn't put together a winning season until his seventh year as head coach of the Cowboys.

And we know the rest of that story."

Yes we do and in the decades since nobody has managed to find "The Chosen One" again. Tom Landry is the coaching Holy Grail and if Bob McNair is waiting for that to happen it's going to be a long, painful marathon of an experience following this team.

Yes we do and in the decades since nobody has managed to find "The Chosen One" again. Tom Landry is the coaching Holy Grail and if Bob McNair is waiting for that to happen it's going to be a long, painful marathon of an experience following this team.

To this point in time, that's fact and I may be on the warning tract deep in left but I think Jim Harbaugh is going to be the next great HC coming out of the college ranks. I know he's turned the oppertunity down before and I'm also aware of the fact that no one here wants a first time guy.

I'd take him in a minute.

Just remember: no coach whose last name starts with the letter K has ever won the super bowl.
Kubiak must change his name or he doesn’t have a shot.

NO NFL head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with one team, and then gone on to win one with another team. Never ever in the history of the league. Not Lombardi, not Parcells, not Holmgren, not Seifert, not Reeves, not Jimmy Johnson.

All you Gruden and Cowher lovers remember that. Also remember that Gruden and Cowher each only got their teams to ONE Super Bowl.

Lots of Super Bowl coaches have taken other teams to the playoffs. Why is this little fact always ignored when people bring up this about Super Bowl coaches?

How about we get to the playoffs ONCE before worrying about our head coach winning a Super Bowl, 'eh?

"Tom Landry didn't put together a winning season until his seventh year as head coach of the Cowboys.

And we know the rest of that story."

How wonderfully absent of all the facts. Tom Landry didn't have to deal with free agency and a salary cap, either. It was a different era in football, one where a team could stockpile talent.

And let's be real here: Tom Landry was a football genius, even as a player who ended up coaching while he was playing.

Are you really trying connect a HoF LEGEND to Gary Kubiak? Even Gary facepalms that silliness. :kubepalm:

Just remember: no coach whose last name starts with the letter K has ever won the super bowl.
Kubiak must change his name or he doesn’t have a shot.

Kubiak is a coach who won the Super Bowl, as an OC, whose last name begins with K. The solution is right in front of us.

Kubiak is a coach who won the Super Bowl, as an OC, whose last name begins with K. The solution is right in front of us.

So you're saying that Kubiak needs to hire an OC whose name begins with K and then that would..... mean.......

HE'S NOT A WITCH!

Back