Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Tyler Johnson

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
While we are waiting for him to make his debut, I did a little googling & found this interesting article

But his catch percentage dropped five percent, yards per reception decreased by four full yards on average, and he failed to find the end zone.

Stack all of that on top of his showing up to training camp out of shape and the clear occasions at times he and quarterback Tom Brady were on completely different pages, and there's a lot of concern surrounding the third-year receiver and whether or not he'll ever reach his full potential.

Sometimes, in these situations, teams decide it's best to part ways with young talent.
So... you guys that are anxiously awaiting him to join the offense, what exactly are we hoping for here?

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I heard someone say he doesn’t know the playbook yet. I’m like that offensive is not complicated at all.
The Steeler and packers do excellent jobs of developing wr's. How? They only give the young wr's a limired tree to bring success. Someone like Johnson doen't need to run the entire tree, just simple route like a post, comeback,and 9 route. Let them perfect that to get them on the field and go from there. So when you bring OJ and Tyler into the fold, just maximize the few routes they know. You can run Howard on seam routes and stop route all day to dictate coverage inside the numbers. His ability to run from defenders wil keep the safeties in the middle and open up the outside. Nobody is worried about Pharoah running down the middle of the field. At the end of the day, it comes down to coaching and doesn't seem like the Texans are getting it good enough for the young players so they keep trotting out Conley, Brown, and to a lesser extent Burkhead.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
At the end of the day, it comes down to coaching and doesn't seem like the Texans are getting it good enough for the young players so they keep trotting out Conley, Brown, and to a lesser extent Burkhead.
It's amazing that not only that but that also they only targeted OJ once while looking at Brown 5 times and an injured Jordan 4. Conley didn't get any targets nor did Dorsett. Coaching isn't coaching up players or utilizing players they have. Texans could have a few playmakers but they won't let it be known. I'm really disappointed in Pep so far

Texansballer74

The Marine
It's amazing that not only that but that also they only targeted OJ once while looking at Brown 5 times and an injured Jordan 4. Conley didn't get any targets nor did Dorsett. Coaching isn't coaching up players or utilizing players they have. Texans could have a few playmakers but they won't let it be known. I'm really disappointed in Pep so far
Dorsett was inactive for the last game, wasn’t he?

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
We better get used to watching that highlight film... doesn't look like we ever intend to actually put him in a game. Must be a good practice/character guy.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
We better get used to watching that highlight film... doesn't look like we ever intend to actually put him in a game. Must be a good practice/character guy.
He has not made it out of whatever doghouse he found himself in. Despite the players activated in front of him giving their best effort to prove he should be playing ahead of them.

I just wonder how players like Johnson and Ogunbowale must look in practice to not get any snaps on THIS offense?!