Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Tae Davis

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Please tell me it’s less than a million guaranteed.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
And another LB. Are they planning to release the rest? May have to do with Watson being traded...if that will free up any money that is.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Who needs offense or defense, QBs or pass rushers? We’re going to be punting on 2nd down just to get our killer special teams on the field. Opponents will go for it on 4th down deep in their own territory for fear of facing our special teams. A new cliche will be born - special teams wins championships!!

Dejaview

All Pro
I don’t believe NC is assigning these short term contracts for ST players necessarily. He’s bringing them in to compete for playing positions on O and D this year after his roster purge. How many times have NC and DC stressed competition and every day making right decisions to better the team. He needs to push his remaining starters in TC. Sure he can load up TC with rookies and UDFA’s but they won’t push any starter. They will only be in camp to carry the vets shoulder pads to the practice field. this is a rebuild year with potentially no early draft choices so the vets won’t face much competition for their jobs. Now he can push Them harder and if any of these guys replace a vet then the team gets better. not a bad strategy until the roster gets built up. There are 32 NFL teams and not enough good players to go around every year. Seems to me for now to be a good way to scrub this scorched earth roster.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
And another LB. Are they planning to release the rest? May have to do with Watson being traded...if that will free up any money that is.
They should get rid of all of the LB's.

But they cant because of cap reasons.

Dejaview

All Pro
This is a team that went 4-12, the homeless guy at 610 & Kirby could push a starter for playing time.

But I get your overall point & agree
NC has already taken care of some of those starters as has our coaches and their scheme changes. Actually I shouldn’t have said starter because I meant vet. Not sure but it seems he wants to replace starters through the draft. Maybe not happening this year so he’s working on upgrading the backups first, but even a starter if possible. He seems to me to be trying to upgrade this team any way he can with what’s been handed to him this year. I actually love this time of the year about as much as the games.

mussop

Hall of Fame
Who needs offense or defense, QBs or pass rushers? We’re going to be punting on 2nd down just to get our killer special teams on the field. Opponents will go for it on 4th down deep in their own territory for fear of facing our special teams. A new cliche will be born - special teams wins championships!!
I think this is more about churning out the bottom of the roster. We’re not winning anything this year so flush out the bottom and get the salary cap situation under control. My problem with this is why hold your ground so strong against Watson if that’s the plan? Tuneup and Watson should of already been replaced with as many draft picks as possible. Trade back this draft for more future picks as well. Load up for the next draft and start the rebuild. Holding on to Watson while trying to do a two or three year rebuild is silly.

Now we’re probably screwed.

I don’t believe NC is assigning these short term contracts for ST players necessarily. He’s bringing them in to compete for playing positions on O and D this year after his roster purge. How many times have NC and DC stressed competition and every day making right decisions to better the team. He needs to push his remaining starters in TC. Sure he can load up TC with rookies and UDFA’s but they won’t push any starter. They will only be in camp to carry the vets shoulder pads to the practice field. this is a rebuild year with potentially no early draft choices so the vets won’t face much competition for their jobs. Now he can push Them harder and if any of these guys replace a vet then the team gets better. not a bad strategy until the roster gets built up. There are 32 NFL teams and not enough good players to go around every year. Seems to me for now to be a good way to scrub this scorched earth roster.

PURGE??????

This is a colon cleanse my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO DW#4 intended69786585.gif