Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston: Solomon Byrd, Marcus Harris and LaDarius Henderson

Texans address the trenches with developmental prospects. Key theme with the DL in general on this team. Relentless motor, violent hands. Byrd/Harris, like all players drafted in the Caserio/Ryans era are college players with lots of experience and production. These guys will swarm if/when given the opportunity!

Henderson on the OL has tremendous length and has over 40 games starting experience in college, with his final year at LT for the national champions. Caserio said they will start him out as a guard and mentioned most of his collegiate career has been spent as a guard, but they see him as a guard first with tackle versatility.

I am so happy to be confident the coaches can develop players. Can’t wait to see what happens!

I like Seth Payne’s DL breakdown videos, he does a Marcus Harris breakdown below:

Harris is undersized for the position, just like Khalil Davis and Kurt Hinish. Hopefully he can carve out a rotational role like those players.

Harris 6’2” 286 32” arms
Davis 6’1” 308 31.5” arms
Hinish 6’2” 302 32 1/8” arms

Another interesting note on Marcus Harris:

At the combine he did 27 bench press reps. But at his pro day he did 34 which would have tied for 1st among all DTs at the combine. Not sure why he didn’t eat his spinach at the combine but here is the video from his pro day. Also, draft scout has him weighing 306 rather than 286 listed in LZ’s profile.

Another interesting note on Marcus Harris:

At the combine he did 27 bench press reps. But at his pro day he did 34 which would have tied for 1st among all DTs at the combine. Not sure why he didn’t eat his spinach at the combine but here is the video from his pro day. Also, draft scout has him weighing 306 rather than 286 listed in LZ’s profile.

Of the three, I think Harris has the best chance of making the 53 man roster if he has a good camp. DT should be an easier position to grab than EDGE or OL.

Of the three, I think Harris has the best chance of making the 53 man roster if he has a good camp. DT should be an easier position to grab than EDGE or OL.
I think edge has a naturally open spot behind Anderson, Hunter, and Barnett that will be competed for

Also to any with concerns about his size he's basically the same size as Davis or Hinish

Was digging a little into LaDarius Henderson because of a weird thought I had, "If Michigan's run game was so dominant and won them a national championship why are none of the o-line or running backs ranked all that highly or being drafted highly?"

Found this interview and he just screams being a Caserio/Ryans type player with his mentality. This was early during the season when he first made his way into the lineup:

To fill people in LaDarius was a pretty highly regarded player at Arizona State who played LT, but mostly LG (where people seem to think he's best at) and was a team captain. He transfered to Michigan because he wanted to be a part of a dominant o-line and wanted to be pushed to improve. He didn't make the starting lineup day 1 especially with Trevor Keegan and Zak Zinter being entrenched starters at guard, but simply put his head down and waited for his opportunity which came...at right tackle. Which he took with both hands. More injuries and some o-line shuffling saw him play a little at guard but eventually had him locking down his spot at LT. To the point that when the team was healthier Harbaugh and the rest of the coaching staff still had Henderson as their starting LT. He's probably not a LT at the next level but it really speaks to his character and ability to force his way in a program like that and stick at a premium position.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him do similar here. Not make the starting lineup (or even possibly the first 53) but work his way in there and maybe even stick.

Back