Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Lane Taylor

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
An actual starter if healthy. Like it on the surface, and seems NC has been doing some interesting contracts with amounts per game etc so will be interesting to see this one too. Allows them to cut a bunch of these guys in camp after seeing who has it

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
If Taylor starts at LG over Scharping, who do we have at RG? Justin McCray?

Looking at the roster, unless I'm overlooking someone, Taylor and Scharping are our two guards at this time. Who plays which side may be up in the air.
I thought Howard likely to kick in to RG? Taylor now looks to be the LG.

Britt/McCray/Scharping to snap the ball.

I do wonder if Howard is tradeStuck up for Watson on Twitter immediately following accusations, idk if that affects things for him.

Number19

Hall of Fame

I do wonder if Howard is tradeStuck up for Watson on Twitter immediately following accusations, idk if that affects things for him.
Today I'm going over our, current, roster to see where our highest priorities might be in the draft. I'm liking our OL signings, for this coming transition year. Yes, we need draft picks long term, but short term we look improved.

You suggest Scharping moving inside to OC. This is new to me.

Britt OC
Cannon and Howard on the right side. Who moves inside is to be determined.
Scharping/Taylor LG
Tunsil LT

These 6 players are a pretty good core group for 2021.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Today I'm going over our, current, roster to see where our highest priorities might be in the draft. I'm liking our OL signings, for this coming transition year. Yes, we need draft picks long term, but short term we look improved.

You suggest Scharping moving inside to OC. This is new to me.

Britt OC
Cannon and Howard on the right side. Who moves inside is to be determined.
Scharping/Taylor LG
Tunsil LT

These 6 players are a pretty good core group for 2021.
I’d really like to add 1 OL to this mix. I like either Dickerson (C- Bama) or Cleveland (RG- Georgia). Either guy would be a great addition and should really add a bump to the overall competition.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I’d really like to add 1 OL to this mix. I like either Dickerson (C- Bama) or Cleveland (RG- Georgia). Either guy would be a great addition and should really add a bump to the overall competition.
Like I said LD's 2 ACl's make him a no go for me. If Caserio drafts offense I hope he trades up if there's a QB he really likes. Say Mills/Trask, or if a difference maker at WR falls to 67 I would pick him even though they seem to have an abundance of solid WR's. Otherwise draft defense/defense and more defense.

The way I see it is if they get 2 or 3 guys that can play out of this draft whether it's on offense or defense then this draft will be a success.

The center I like that you probably can get in the 5-6th rd is Jimmy Morrisey. He can be a longtime starter. IMHO

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Like I said LD's 2 ACl's make him a no go for me. If Caserio drafts offense I hope he trades up if there's a QB he really likes. Say Mills/Trask, or if a difference maker at WR falls to 67 I would pick him even though they seem to have an abundance of solid WR's.
The Texans have a nice group of receivers and are only lacking in one area.....the guy who can take the top off defenses. I would be pretty happy if the Texans could pick WR- Marquez Stevenson (Houston) at some point after RD4. This guy does possess the ability to get past defenses and should be an immediate answer to the return game as he works on his route tree running.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The Texans have a nice group of receivers and are only lacking in one area.....the guy who can take the top off defenses. I would be pretty happy if the Texans could pick WR- Marquez Stevenson (Houston) at some point after RD4. This guy does possess the ability to get past defenses and should be an immediate answer to the return game as he works on his route tree running.
Cooks is faster than Stevenson. Conley also ran in the 4.3's.

They have plenty of guys that can KR/PR. In fact Roberts was an all pro KR/PR last yr, so I wouldn't consider this a need.

What I was talking about when I mentioned drafting a WR at 67 is if Marshall/Bateman/Eskridge fell 67 I would consider drafting them. BPA

Number19

Hall of Fame
...Otherwise draft defense/defense and more defense...
Finished looking at our roster and must say I'm pleased with the additions that Caserio has made. The most glaring holes that I see is OLB who can cover and DE who can pressure the QB. We need one of each. On offense, we have the players to be good; not playoff good, but middle of the pack good.

I'm maintaining my position that we should take a QB with #67. We should not use draft capital to trade up, but let the pick come to us. If it doesn't, then B(defensive)PA. The rest of the draft should lean heavily toward defense, while fitting an OC in there and possibly a speedster WR if one is BPA.

I think the team we will field this year is going to surprise.

(And I just realized I'm typing this on my computer. Whatever was wrong these past weeks/months has fixed itself.)

SnakeEyes

Under NRG

I'm sure some type of reprimand may happen to people who stood up for him if he is found guilty. If for no other reason than to be PC.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Finished looking at our roster and must say I'm pleased with the additions that Caserio has made. The most glaring holes that I see is OLB who can cover and DE who can pressure the QB. We need one of each. On offense, we have the players to be good; not playoff good, but middle of the pack good.

I'm maintaining my position that we should take a QB with #67. We should not use draft capital to trade up, but let the pick come to us. If it doesn't, then B(defensive)PA. The rest of the draft should lean heavily toward defense, while fitting an OC in there and possibly a speedster WR if one is BPA.

I think the team we will field this year is going to surprise.

(And I just realized I'm typing this on my computer. Whatever was wrong these past weeks/months has fixed itself.)
Agreed

But if there was a QB I loved that fell out of the 1st rd, you bet I would trade up to get him. Trask isn't that guy for me and I'm not sure Mills is either.