Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Kenny Stills

KENNY STILLS FINDING SUCCESS IN THE SLOT IN A CROWDED WIDE RECEIVER ROOM
Competing with Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller for targets isn’t exactly a recipe to see the ball often over the course of 60 minutes of game time. But from the slot, Kenny Stills leads the NFL in yards per route run through three weeks (4.32). His nine receptions on 10 targets for 164 yards — on just 38 slot snaps — have him firmly at the top

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-20-pff-stats-to-know-after-week-3-of-the-2019-nfl-regular-season

The 10-6 season is where we should have gone to the SB. That's when Schaub was injured.

The 12-4 season is where everything fell apart at the end.

Yep, that's what I was referring to. During that winning streak they had I never felt like they were a dominant team. I thought Schaub had better years in different seasons even before the injury. That team felt a lot like last season's "fools gold" team to me. A good team, but just not a dominant one. The 10-6 season looked like one of those teams that could get hot and win the whole SB if they would have had a better QB. They flew all over the place on defense that season. People forget that Andre was hurt too that season.

Have a gif of that play - but seems we can't upload gif files any longer and can only embed from certain sites... so guess I can't post it

I would rather he just concentrate on football and leave all of the other stuff behind.

At the end of the day who really cares what Kenny Stills or any other football player thinks about anything. He's there to do his job, nothing more or less.

He is focused on football, that's why he producing . And he's doing his job. So I don't know what prompted you to think otherwise.

The majority of these players have other things going for them as well.

Meh, as long as whatever they have going on isn’t harmful, like the weird crap with Incognito, then whatever if someone bases their point of view just on what a celebrity of any type says then they were already an idiot and it doesn’t make them more or less idiot.

Keep making catches and putting points on the board and I’ll tolerate them giving you interviews saying whatever pops into your little mind. Stop doing those two things and you are just annoying. It’s what hated about Kaperknick, it wasn’t the kneeling or the running his mouth it’s that he was doing it while his team sucked and he was a big part of that suck. Guy like Brady or Mahomes wants to then sure whatever.

The people that he's donated to in his community? Like duh, of course they care what he thinks.

And because that was the whole point of the interview segment?

The interview was pointless.

So it comes down to how much $$$$ you donate that makes a difference in peoples lives? BTW, how much $$$$ does he give and who does he give it too?

Everybody already knows how Stills feels. Feelings, nothing more than feelings.

Just like with Stills, lets move on and get back to football.

Meh, as long as whatever they have going on isn’t harmful, like the weird crap with Incognito, then whatever if someone bases their point of view just on what a celebrity of any type says then they were already an idiot and it doesn’t make them more or less idiot.

Keep making catches and putting points on the board and I’ll tolerate them giving you interviews saying whatever pops into your little mind. Stop doing those two things and you are just annoying. It’s what hated about Kaperknick, it wasn’t the kneeling or the running his mouth it’s that he was doing it while his team sucked and he was a big part of that suck. Guy like Brady or Mahomes wants to then sure whatever.

^^^^
This

Same with actors/actresses.

Who really cares what they think.

The media and quite of few millions cares what these people thinks. But I guarantee you this, if it was something you felt strongly about you wouldn't have an issue. It's amazing to me how some people act on certain subjects in society. It's like certain people can't have a voice in the matter.

The media and quite of few millions cares what these people thinks. But I guarantee you this, if it was something you felt strongly about you wouldn't have an issue. It's amazing to me how some people act on certain subjects in society. It's like certain people can't have a voice in the matter.

The media is driving the narrative, that's for sure.

I'm not against activism. I'm against activism while people are at their jobs. Why dont you try to be an activist at your job and report back to us how things turn out.

I'm glad Kenny Stills is here he's good people and a good WR. He's a better pick up than Tunsil

The media is driving the narrative, that's for sure.

I'm not against activism. I'm against activism while people are at their jobs. Why dont you try to be an activist at your job and report back to us how things turn out.

I work quite a few and it doesn't bother me not one bit. I've also worked for or with a bunch of racist mutha jokers who says certain people need to keep their mouth shut. Said they will stop following the NFL because certain players speaking out on real life events. Now did you say this when Ali and Kareem spoke out on serious social matters. Both were very pivotal to change in today's society.

I work quite a few and it doesn't bother me not one bit. I've also worked for or with a bunch of racist mutha jokers who says certain people need to keep their mouth shut. Said they will stop following the NFL because certain players speaking out on real life events. Now did you say this when Ali and Kareem spoke out on serious social matters. Both were very pivotal to change in today's society.

You've worked for quite a few people who've let you practice activism while you're on the job?

I was a fan of Ali/KAJ.

They didn't practice activism on their job. They just spoke about their religious beliefs which I have no issues with. They also didn't talk about their beliefs in the ring/court.

You've worked for quite a few people who've let you practice activism while you're on the job?

I was a fan of Ali/KAJ.

They didn't practice activism on their job. They just spoke about their religious beliefs which I have no issues with. They also didn't talk about their beliefs in the ring/court.

I don't practice anything on my job.

Most people would be fired for doing something on the job that would hurt the owners business.

But his outreach isn't hurting the owners business. The seats are still being filled, TV ratings are still high and merchandise is still purchased. And a lot of fans are happy we have this young man on this team. You don't see people standing in front of the stadium protesting against the Texans for having Stills on this team.

But his outreach isn't hurting the owners business. The seats are still being filled, TV ratings are still high and merchandise is still purchased. And a lot of fans are happy we have this young man on this team. You don't see people standing in front of the stadium protesting against the Texans for having Stills on this team.

You're kidding yourself if you dont think the kneelers didn't hurt business. I know I stopped buying merchandise and skipped a couple of games because of it.

You're kidding yourself if you dont think the kneelers didn't hurt business. I know I stopped buying merchandise and skipped a couple of games because of it.
Whether you like it or not it really didn't hurt the bottom line very much which is proved by the fact that the salary cap which is based on the NFL's income has gone up every year since he began his protest.

Colin Kaepernick began kneeling in 2016.

2016 - $155.27 million
2017 - $167 million
2018 - $177.2 million
2019 - $188.2 million

The interview was pointless.

So it comes down to how much $$$$ you donate that makes a difference in peoples lives? BTW, how much $$$$ does he give and who does he give it too?

Everybody already knows how Stills feels. Feelings, nothing more than feelings.

Just like with Stills, lets move on and get back to football.

I was answering your questions.

Whether you like it or not it really didn't hurt the bottom line very much which is proved by the fact that the salary cap which is based on the NFL's income has gone up every year since he began his protest.

2016 - $155.27 million
2017 - $167 million
2018 - $177.2 million
2019 - $188.2 million

The fake news media of sports (ESPN/Fox Sports) is not going to tell you how or where it did, because they were the biggest cause of it happening. They'll feed you the typical stats you provided with nothing else assuming yours are even accurate. You failed to provide a link of where they even came from. The NFL got body rocked by the fans on the low viewership that season and it became a huge problem.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl-tv-partners-set-lose-500-million-ratings-decline/

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl-ratings-afc-nfc-title-games-hit-nine-year-low/

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl-support-collapsed-texas/

ESPN lost a ton of ratings and was forced to go through a series of layoffs in the hundreds.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espns-wokecenter-collapsing-ratings-set-off-panic-bristol/

And you seem forget that Kap has been gone since 2016 or around that time, so the argument could also be easily made that removing him helped that cause (Revenue) if you wanted to believe the narrative that it didn't. It wasn't just fans that disliked the kneeling that were angry. It was a ton that supported him that were also angry at the NFL for not standing totally behind him. The NFL lolly gagged the whole time and sucked it's thumb which is what made it all boil over so bad on both sides.

The fake news media of sports (ESPN/Fox Sports) is not going to tell you how or where it did, because they were the biggest cause of it happening. They'll feed you the typical stats you provided with nothing else assuming yours are even accurate. You failed to provide a link of where they even came from. The NFL got body rocked by the fans on the low viewership that season and it became a huge problem.
Links for salary cap figures.
https://www.nflpa.com/news/all-news/2016-adjusted-team-salary-caps
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...salary-cap-for-2017-season-set-at-167-million
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...alary-cap-for-2018-season-set-at-1772-million
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020137/article/nfl-salary-cap-for-2019-season-set-at-1882m

I am not arguing or disputing anything you said. All I am saying is that the salary cap has increased by at least 10 million a year since 2016.

Which according to the current CBA means the NFL's income should have increased each year since then.

Total amount added to salary cap for the entire league since 2016 = $1,053,760,000

Here is the math.

2016 - 2017
$167,000,000 - $155,270,000 = $11,730,000 per team salary increase.
$11,730,000 X 32 = $375,360,000 total league wage increase.

2017 - 2018
$177,200,000 - $167,000,000 = $10,200,000 per team salary increase.
$10,200,000 X 32 = $326,400,000 total league wage increase.

2018 - 2019
$188,200,000 - $177,200,000 = $11,000,000 per team salary increase.
$11,000,000 X 32 = $352,000,000 total league wage increase.

$375,360,000 + $326,400,000 + $352,000,000 = $1,053,760,000

2016 - $155.27 million
2017 - $167 million
2018 - $177.2 million
2019 - $188.2 million

Salary cap growth is entirely because of media TV+digital contracts. Has nothing to do with fan support. You may want to read this

The history of the National Football League on television documents the long history of the National Football League on television. The NFL, along with boxing and professional wrestling (before the latter publicly became known as a "fake" sport), was a pioneer of sports broadcasting during a time when baseball and college football were more popular than professional football. Due to the NFL understanding television at an earlier time, they were able to surpass Major League Baseball in the 1960s as the most popular sport in the United States. Today, NFL broadcasting contracts are among the most valuable in the world.

ESPN renewed its contract with the NFL in 2011 which extends to ESPN the NFL broadcast rights through the 2021-22 season. ESPN increased the purchase price for the eighteen-game package, which will include in 2015 the Pro Bowl.[7] Cable television operators condemned the contract, noting that ESPN has the highest retransmission consent fees of any national cable television channel, nearly five times higher than the nearest competitor (TNT), and raises fees on an annual basis.[8] Nevertheless, the other networks had intended to follow suit by renewing their contracts through 2021-22, increasing their price to over $1 billion per year.[9] The remaining networks announced they had indeed renewed with the NFL on December 14, 2011. Both the new ESPN and broadcast deals take effect in 2014-15 and will continue through Super Bowl LVI in 2022.[10]

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl-tv-partners-set-lose-500-million-ratings-decline/

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl-ratings-afc-nfc-title-games-hit-nine-year-low/

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/nfl-support-collapsed-texas/

ESPN lost a ton of ratings and was forced to go through a series of layoffs in the hundreds.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espns-wokecenter-collapsing-ratings-set-off-panic-bristol/

And you seem forget that Kap has been gone since 2016 or around that time, so the argument could also be easily made that removing him helped that cause (Revenue) if you wanted to believe the narrative that it didn't. It wasn't just fans that disliked the kneeling that were angry. It was a ton that supported him that were also angry at the NFL for not standing totally behind him. The NFL lolly gagged the whole time and sucked it's thumb which is what made it all boil over so bad on both sides.

ESPN layoffs wouldn't have anything to do with the NFL's dip in ratings. Even with the dip, which began before the whole Kap stuff, their ratings still far surpass anything else to the point it is laughable. ESPN also conducted layoffs in 2015 to the portion of 300 individuals which was before any of the Kap situation. It has more to do with the change in social media, broadcast options and the ever growing infusion of internet tv into a saturated field. They expanded their brand to a significant level and then the market shifted. Most of the NFL's profits via ratings is through the contracts of the distributors of their product and that was negotiated and paid via the contracts agreed upon 8 years ago. They go back to the table in 2021. They have also dove into other markets for distribution too that involve the other broadcast options.

https://money.cnn.com/2015/10/20/media/espn-layoffs/

Reality is their ratings hit a pinnacle. There is only so far such can go especially in the age of technology now available and the outlet of entertainment sources out there.

And yes, they are still profiting. Their financials are no longer public due to tax exemptions but there is enough information to notice that it is. The other source is the Packers whose records are available because it is a community shareholding. The revenue distribution to the teams by the league is based on the profits. For the 2017-18 season it was $8.1 billion. For the 2016-17 season it was $7.8 billion. It's still inclining.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/062515/how-nfl-makes-money.asp

"Despite steadilydeclining viewership since 2015 and recent controversies about concussions and the national anthem, the NFL is making more money than ever. Although, due to its private status, it is impossible to know exactly how much the NFL makes; Bloomberg estimates it earned around $15 billion during the 2018 season. This is up from estimates of $14.2 billion in 2017 and $13.3 billion in 2016. And the league is showing no intentions of slowing down. Commissioner Roger Goodell has targeted $25 billion in revenue by 2027, or 6% annual growth."

As for fan support, well if it wasn't still so incredibly high and significant, the league wouldn't be expanding the way it has recently with new deals with other outlets. Fox paid 3.3 billion in 2018 for exclusive rights to Thursday Night Football. Ratings aren't dropping that significantly for them to shell out that amount for probably the least popular slot. Verizon had a 2.7 billion deal in 2017. Amazon 130 million. Bottom line is, no, their profits were not truly effected. Did some ratings drop? Sure. Packages were already sold at that point and the drop didn't change the NFL from being the most viewed by a landslide and more deals have been coming through. Projections are when they go to the table with the major networks in 2021 that they will get an even higher package than previously.

Basically the bottom line is that even with a dip into the fandom that is the NFL it isn't hurting it's profit margin and they are on track for their goal. Actually, they are ahead of it which was to reach $25 billion in revenue.

ESPN layoffs wouldn't have anything to do with the NFL's dip in ratings. Even with the dip, which began before the whole Kap stuff, their ratings still far surpass anything else to the point it is laughable. ESPN also conducted layoffs in 2015 to the portion of 300 individuals which was before any of the Kap situation. It has more to do with the change in social media, broadcast options and the ever growing infusion of internet tv into a saturated field. They expanded their brand to a significant level and then the market shifted. Most of the NFL's profits via ratings is through the contracts of the distributors of their product and that was negotiated and paid via the contracts agreed upon 8 years ago. They go back to the table in 2021. They have also dove into other markets for distribution too that involve the other broadcast options.

https://money.cnn.com/2015/10/20/media/espn-layoffs/

Reality is their ratings hit a pinnacle. There is only so far such can go especially in the age of technology now available and the outlet of entertainment sources out there.

And yes, they are still profiting. Their financials are no longer public due to tax exemptions but there is enough information to notice that it is. The other source is the Packers whose records are available because it is a community shareholding. The revenue distribution to the teams by the league is based on the profits. For the 2017-18 season it was $8.1 billion. For the 2016-17 season it was $7.8 billion. It's still inclining.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/062515/how-nfl-makes-money.asp

"Despite steadilydeclining viewership since 2015 and recent controversies about concussions and the national anthem, the NFL is making more money than ever. Although, due to its private status, it is impossible to know exactly how much the NFL makes; Bloomberg estimates it earned around $15 billion during the 2018 season. This is up from estimates of $14.2 billion in 2017 and $13.3 billion in 2016. And the league is showing no intentions of slowing down. Commissioner Roger Goodell has targeted $25 billion in revenue by 2027, or 6% annual growth."

As for fan support, well if it wasn't still so incredibly high and significant, the league wouldn't be expanding the way it has recently with new deals with other outlets. Fox paid 3.3 billion in 2018 for exclusive rights to Thursday Night Football. Ratings aren't dropping that significantly for them to shell out that amount for probably the least popular slot. Verizon had a 2.7 billion deal in 2017. Amazon 130 million. Bottom line is, no, their profits were not truly effected. Did some ratings drop? Sure. Packages were already sold at that point and the drop didn't change the NFL from being the most viewed by a landslide and more deals have been coming through. Projections are when they go to the table with the major networks in 2021 that they will get an even higher package than previously.

Basically the bottom line is that even with a dip into the fandom that is the NFL it isn't hurting it's profit margin and they are on track for their goal. Actually, they are ahead of it which was to reach $25 billion in revenue.

Stopped reading when you said that ESPN layoffs had nothing to do with anything. You basically wasted your time writing the rest.

ESPN and Fox Sports have a monopoly on sports reporting and they've had the big contracts with the league and all the leagues for years. They control narratives way more than the NFL does and their reporting is what creates tons of influence from the fans. Their own reporters (Jemele Hill) and others were telling sports fans to boycott certain teams. They made their league political. They made their network political. ITs a huge reason why both struggled a lot at the time and ratings became a huge issue.

You denying that from the jump tells me anything else you have to say is waste of time. TV Ratings are a huge part of sports revenue.

And last but not least, Kaepnernick and his influence on the general public was a huge lightning rod that helped Trump to get elected which is one of the biggest indicators period.

Links for salary cap figures.
https://www.nflpa.com/news/all-news/2016-adjusted-team-salary-caps
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...salary-cap-for-2017-season-set-at-167-million
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...alary-cap-for-2018-season-set-at-1772-million
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020137/article/nfl-salary-cap-for-2019-season-set-at-1882m

I am not arguing or disputing anything you said. All I am saying is that the salary cap has increased by at least 10 million a year since 2016.

Which according to the current CBA means the NFL's income should have increased each year since then.

Total amount added to salary cap for the entire league since 2016 = $1,053,760,000

Here is the math
2016 - 2017
$167,000,000 - $155,270,000 = $11,730,000 per team salary increase.
$11,730,000 X 32 = $375,360,000 total league wage increase.

2017 - 2018
$177,200,000 - $167,000,000 = $10,200,000 per team salary increase.
$10,200,000 X 32 = $326,400,000 total league wage increase.

2018 - 2019
$188,200,000 - $177,200,000 = $11,000,000 per team salary increase.
$11,000,000 X 32 = $352,000,000 total league wage increase.

$375,360,000 + $326,400,000 + $352,000,000 = $1,053,760,000

The NFL is a great product to watch. You add a ton of political bullshit into it and start a trend of anti American nonsense then people will stop watching and eventually will start tuning out, because that is not what they tune in for. Its pretty simple. The broadcasting contracts are also put together years in advance and the NFL didn't have to deal with new negotiations at that time either. It isn't until that contract comes up where the TV stations go back to the table to negotiate later on based on viewership and ratings. The NFL had several years to get that back up, and they did. They also did quite a bit to make all of that stop and for the most part most of it has.

Hiring Jay Z was a huge part of battling towards that and has already exposed a ton of activists and pit them against each other exposing most of them as total frauds.

Last edited:
Back