Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Kahale Warring

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Overview.
Exciting and ascending, Warring is still a relative newcomer to the game, but he has the size, speed and athleticism to become a versatile, high-impact player on the pro level. He has the competitiveness to handle run-blocking duties and the talent to line up in the slot. While his production won't catch your eye, his tape does with quickness and ball skills that should make him a more productive target in the NFL than he was in college.

zshawn10

All Pro
LOVE Kahale Warring for the Texans.

Was hoping for Fant in the first, Warring is an incredible "consolation" prize

— Eric D (@LaterRoundSteal) April 27, 2019

"He's maybe the best athlete in this entire draft. This guy has unbelievable football ahead of him! His potential is off the charts!" – @jharrisfootball on Kahale Warring. https://t.co/cwXY6yYDBu#TexansDraft

— SportsRadio 610 (@SportsRadio610) April 27, 2019

#Texans go with a tight end in the third round. Kahale Warring (6-5, 252 lbs.). Here's what The Athletic's Dane Brugler thinks of him. pic.twitter.com/ep5unxzSZS

— Aaron Reiss (@aaronjreiss) April 27, 2019

New Texans San Diego State TE Kahale Warring (6'5", 252 pounds) is an athletic monster pic.twitter.com/1odvzBdpSw

— Formerly mccauley318 (@mccauley713) April 27, 2019

New Texans Red Zone target Kahale Warring TE pic.twitter.com/xNwZqh2oGm

— Formerly mccauley318 (@mccauley713) April 27, 2019

Houston Texans: Kahale Warring, TE, San Diego State B+ Grade
Kahale Warring started just five games at San Diego State because he played other sports. However, he’s extremely physically gifted and possesses unreal upside. The Texans will need to coach him up very well to develop him, but Warring has Pro Bowl potential down the road. Perhaps he’ll be able to develop into Houston’s first potent tight end since Owen Daniels.
http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades3.php

Booger McFarland just said former #SDSU TE Kahale Warring has potential to be a "matchup nightmare for defenses" in the NFL.

— Kyle Betz (@KyleBBetz) April 27, 2019

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Love the kid - nice athlete.... but exactly how many TE's does one team need? I'm fine with BPA and all that, but it just doesn't make sense to me, OK Griffen gone makes sense, but you drafted two last year and signed one in FA.

Who have you already given up on?

zshawn10

All Pro
The @HoustonTexans just selected TE Kahale Warring and we've got full highlights of his 2018 season.#NFLDraft // #WeAreTexans pic.twitter.com/1hpNxUUb4F

— Stadium (@Stadium) April 27, 2019

There isn't much out there on #SDSU TE Kahale Warring so I made a few cut-ups.

Needs to continue his improvement as a blocker and receiver but he has the athleticism and frame to turn into a complete package TE. Shouldn't make it out of RD 3. pic.twitter.com/ecIoCGglYG

— Steve Frederick (@_SteveFrederick) March 24, 2019

#SDSU TE Kahale Warring Career Stats: 51 Rec, 637 Yards, 8 TD.

HT: 6'5"
WT: 251
40: 4.67
Vert: 36.5"
Broad: 10'2"

Here a few of his TDs from the past 2 years. At a run-heavy program like SDSU the stats are never going to be eye-popping. pic.twitter.com/euTRk6xmrk

#SDSU TE Kahale Warring's combination of size and speed is a lot to handle for DBs.

Huge catch radius and impressive ball skills considering he's only play football a few years. pic.twitter.com/J0nG5cWieb

#SDSU TE Kahale Warring in the short passing game. Your standard stuff. pic.twitter.com/0p4oRD6uM2

badboy

Hall of Fame
based on two starts in 2018? Seems like OB still trying to find his Gronk---keep drafting an hope lightning hits. Warring is a physique and a player but little shows he is an athlete. Later in draft well maybe but here? SHeesh. He just trashed his 2018 TE picks. I can and have defended the reaches for Howard and Scharping but this is one I just don't get.

Last edited:

JWLCASPER

Waterboy
based on two starts in 2018? Seems like OB still trying to find his Gronk---keep drafting an hope lightning hits. Warring is a physique and an athlete but little shows he is an athlete. Later in draft well maybe but here? SHeesh. He just trashed his 2018 TE picks. I can and have defended the reaches for Howard and Scharping but this is one I just don't get.
I may be wrong and this is with no inside knowledge on this particular transaction, but I wonder if BOb and Gaine saw NE picking at 87 and thought this was their Gronk pick to make before Belichick.

Just my initial thought.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
based on two starts in 2018? Seems like OB still trying to find his Gronk---keep drafting an hope lightning hits. Warring is a physique and an athlete but little shows he is an athlete. Later in draft well maybe but here? SHeesh. He just trashed his 2018 TE picks. I can and have defended the reaches for Howard and Scharping but this is one I just don't get.
I wanna be wrong but I despise this pick.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Love the kid - nice athlete.... but exactly how many TE's does one team need? I'm fine with BPA and all that, but it just doesn't make sense to me, OK Griffen gone makes sense, but you drafted two last year and signed one in FA.

Who have you already given up on?
It's obvious TE is very important to this team and they will continue adding players until they are happy with what they have. This kid has Kittle/Kelce ceiling.

zshawn10

All Pro
Texans selected San Diego State TE Kahale Warring with the No. 86 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Warring (6’5/252) turned pro as a redshirt junior after playing high school football for only one year, walking onto the Aztecs’ team, and tallying a 51/637/8 (12.5 YPR) receiving line across three seasons. A star prep basketball and water polo player, Warring helped himself with 79th-percentile SPARQ results in Indy, including a 4.67 forty and 36 ½-inch vertical. Sure handed and known for his tireless work ethic, Warring especially popped on game tape for his run blocking as an in-line tight end, and his arrow is still pointing up as a pass catcher. Warring is a sleeper to develop into a Kyle Rudolph-level pro. Although he’ll likely spend his entire frosh campaign developing, Warring joins a subpar tight end group led by default starter Ryan Griffin.
https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/cfb/player-news/headlines/9000971?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Max

Veteran
So OBrien is revamping the offense again? Now with a bunch of TEs?
Or is continuing the revamp at the TE position that got started last year (which wasn't realistic to have completed last year). 2 hand picked OT's and now the 3rd TE. No excuses for having the the TE's confined to pass protection this year and BOB's offense should be on full display for the world to see. Make or break time for BOB IMO.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Comparison-

Lance: Todd Heap
John Harris: Travis Kelce

Griffin gone, Fells a blocker, Akins moving from TE to H-Back and Thomas/Warring as starters in 2 TE sets. In the red zone it will be Thomas/Warring.

I'm definitely okay with that.
Not completely thrilled with the pick given other huge glaring holes on the roster, but I got to admit.. that does sound very intriguing.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I may be wrong and this is with no inside knowledge on this particular transaction, but I wonder if BOb and Gaine saw NE picking at 87 and thought this was their Gronk pick to make before Belichick.

Just my initial thought.
yeah maybe as PATs seemingly have lots of nothing at TE but I liked our TEs way better than our running backs and Harris is going to hurt lots of teams for many years. If Julian Love and Snell can be had later I'll smile. I need to review my notes on RBs as I'm missing a late round guy I liked but cannot remember. He was a 5'9" guy 200 pounds IIRC that some of us talked about a little. Perhap Miller will repeat and have his best career season and Foreman will prove his worth and Colvin earns his $ on a return to mental as well as physical health. Colvin wanted to play outside but didn't look good anywhere when on field.

JWLCASPER

Waterboy
yeah maybe as PATs seemingly have lots of nothing at TE but I liked our TEs way better than our running backs and Harris is going to hurt lots of teams for many years. If Julian Love and Snell can be had later I'll smile. I need to review my notes on RBs as I'm missing a late round guy I liked but cannot remember. He was a 5'9" guy 200 pounds IIRC that some of us talked about a little. Perhap Miller will repeat and have his best career season and Foreman will prove his worth and Colvin earns his $ on a return to mental as well as physical health. Colvin wanted to play outside but didn't look good anywhere when on field.
I still want Houston to make a move for Duke Johnson. I know and have worked with Duke and he just needs an opportunity for more touches.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

Just my initial thought.
You mean like a ninja psyche?
Well he is definitely a big target and if he works the slot as well as reported, could give Watson that all important outlet and create havoc.
Having four TE's on deck helps promote competition. Good for the team.

Last edited:

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Or is continuing the revamp at the TE position that got started last year (which wasn't realistic to have completed last year). 2 hand picked OT's and now the 3rd TE. No excuses for having the the TE's confined to pass protection this year and BOB's offense should be on full display for the world to see. Make or break time for BOB IMO.
We say this every year then he fires someone and we repeat the whole thing

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Say what you will about the previous 3 picks, at least the Texans addressed major holes. But TE? Again? With a 3rd round pick?? I don't understand this organization's infatuation with freaking TEs!!! Especially when they don't even incorporate them into the ******* offense.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Did you miss the 300 pages of excuses for why BOB's offense sucks last season? Excuses gone now = good thing imo. Plus, it's hard to imagine our O not being much improved.
He already has an excuse lined up. Devlin.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Say what you will about the previous 3 picks, at least the Texans addressed major holes. But TE? Again? With a 3rd round pick?? I don't understand this organization's infatuation with freaking TEs!!! Especially when they don't even incorporate them into the ******* offense.
I think they are looking for that home run. It creates competition leastwise with 5 of them. 2 will likely disappear before the final 53.

Any other team that actually uses their tight end and I would like this pick. Given the fact Houston has drafted seemingly more tight ends than anyone else, I don't like it. Would've preferred another offensive lineman or secondary player.

Max

Veteran
Well there are already Bob defenders here calling for Devlin to be fired
Not sure there's anyone defending BOB's retaining of Devlin. Hand picked GM picking hand picked players coached by hand picked coaches. This is BOB's team good or bad at this point. And for a guy that's been hard on BOB, I've got to admit that things are looking up. I'll be confident when he shows me something but I can feel the optimism creeping back.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Well said and I wish I could like it 10 more times.

Ob thinks he's onto something and chasing the wet dream he had with gronk and Hernandez.

In the meantime, our team will continue to suck at other positions while we burn valuable picks at te. How is Romeo not absolutely livid about this?

Stupid.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Well said and I wish I could like it 10 more times.

Ob thinks he's onto something and chasing the wet dream he had with gronk and Hernandez.

In the meantime, our team will continue to suck at other positions while we burn valuable picks at te. How is Romeo not absolutely livid about this?

Stupid.
Romeo could have taken the first CB off the board, ended up with the 8th because OBrien panicked when Dillard was taken.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I think Griffin is gone. I like Thomas still but Atkins isn’t that great plus he’s old. Warring is the best blocker of the bunch. Having to defend warring and Thomas will be difficult for teams
I said it as soon as it happened last season.. Jordan Akins was a horrible pick. You dont draft 26 year old projects..especially in the 3rd damn round. By the time he figures it out (if he ever does) he'll be coming out of his athletic prime. I always liked the Thomas pick a LOT more and knew he'd be the better TE (6th round pick.)

I think what's really annoying me about this selection is mainly due to the dumbass decision to draft Jordan Akins (regardless if it even would've been with a late round flier) last season! I need to mentally separate this pick from the Akins pick.. Which was simply just a horrible decision.

This kid is actually the kind of project you DO select in the 3rd round.. (just not sure it should've been this team, given our other needs.)

Last edited: