Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jordan Jenkins edge

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Manish Mehta @MMehtaSports
Jordan Jenkins (@jordanOLB) was one of the toughest and most respected players that the Jets have had in a long time. Team-first. Productive. Loyal. Authentic. He didn’t sugarcoat things.

Jordan Jenkins @jordanOLB
Put it all out there on the field during my time with the Jets, battle through torn labrums, bruised ribs, etc. Will always be thankful for the @nyjets
for drafting me. Excited to start this new chapter in life. #Year6At26

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet Dec 18, 2020
#Jets pass-rusher Jordan Jenkins is having surgery to repair a torn labrum and dislocated shoulder on Tuesday morning, source said, an injury he suffered in Week 3 and played through. With 17 sacks in the last 3 seasons, he’ll be healthy by free agency.

His shoulder surgery should allow him to return to full production by this next season. Great pickup!

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Excited about this addition especially if the team gets the 7/8 sack 2018/2019 versions of Jenkins. Like Lawson, a tough high motor team player added to the mix. And at a very team-friendly deal to boot.

I wonder if there is a way to trade Mercilus and his heavy cap hit?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Send a draft pick with him a la Osweiler? :ahhaha:
(Not to say Mercilus is a total bust).
Yep, I think that's the only way they can shed that salary this season. Guess they'll keep him this year and cut him next when they can actually save money instead of paying for him to leave.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Yep, I think that's the only way they can shed that salary this season. Guess they'll keep him this year and cut him next when they can actually save money instead of paying for him to leave.
If they send a pick along with him, and it opens enough space to sign a shutdown corner, would that not be worthwhile? I wonder, though, could they convert salary to bonus and push the cap hit forward, then eat it next year when the cap explodes?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
If they send a pick along with him, and it opens enough space to sign a shutdown corner, would that not be worthwhile? I wonder, though, could they convert salary to bonus and push the cap hit forward, then eat it next year when the cap explodes?
Obviously if they can get a team to take a pick and his cap number that would give the team the room to sign a quality player at any position. But you'd have to have a team willing to take on that contract. And when a team can get a younger solid player (like the Texans just did with Jenkins) at a fraction of the cost... Texans would have to pony up a pretty high pick to make a team interested.