Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Interesting thing about AJ's comments is that his words align perfectly with the on-going dumpster fire that has been smoking on Kirby. They clearly support the narrative that has been building for months. Nothing he said undermines any of it.

That said, I believe you expect too much from Cal McNair. He will never take your excellent advice, because he's not a leader of men. I do not say this as an insult to him, but he's clearly a beta male to Bob McNair's alpha. And he appears to be a terrible judge of character when he's allowed a rather unscrupulous preacher man to have so much space in his head and power in his company (i.e. Executive Vice President, Football Operations).

I don't think he lets Easterby go. I think Cal, Jack, and Nick are on the same page, building their "culture" that appears to be more about moral litmus tests than actual competitive football traits. After watching those press conferences again, it is my belief that they will dig their heels in, and if Watson continues to dig his in, then they will trade him and set this franchise back many years. Just my perception from the outside looking in, but they are clearly not making a "winning culture" a top priority.

As has been clearly documented in the forum many times, the front office upheaval with Easterby started well before Palcic was fired. Tampering charges and fake details on the resume and Easterby's website were already in the media before she was let go.

You have provided ZERO EVIDENCE of your "hit piece" conspiracy in spite of numerous requests to do so. You continue with this baseless rhetoric regardless of growing evidence to the contrary. I guess the "liberal mainstream media" convinced Andre Johnson to participate, as well?

I'm reaching a point of believing that Cal lives in a bubble and has surrounded himself with "yes men". The tale of the Emperor Has No Clothes comes to mind. He's insulated himself, probably hears very little from fans and media, and as long as his corporate sponsors, PSL season ticket renewals, and shared league revenues continues to flow into his coffers, I doubt he has any sort of backbone to fix what he does not perceive as broken.
At the heart of it, I still believe this is more about office politics than anything else b/c more of them have been jettisoned due to “culture fit” and that’s more of Easterby’s stomping grounds than any place. Gaine, Olsen and Palcic...Rumors about Jamey Rootes wanting to leave now....these are all people that have been over there in 1 capacity or another for a minimum of 4 years. And it probably wouldn’t have been such a big deal....but then it hit the players and Nuk was traded for basically nothing and that’s when **** hit the fan.

All that being said, Too many popular people over there on Kirby have been shipped out under the guise of culture fit or auspicious circumstances, and I do still believe Easterby is being made the scapegoat for something that Cal himself wants.....sucks for him, but it is what it is.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Trading DW4 would let the players know that players play and mgmt manage and that players need to stay in their lane. This will not end until 1 of DW4/Easterby/Caserio are gone. Who has the power here mgmt or the players. What happens here will define the rest of Cal's time as ownership. I'm betting knowing Cal's past he chooses mgmt. Cal has nobody to blame but himself for this situation because he put DW4 on the search committee and gave A not THE voice in the hiring process. DW4 appears to have an overvalued sense of his place in the Texans org. He wont be a Texan in at most another 6-7 yrs and Cal will still be an owner, provided the McNair children dont force a sale and I've heard Bob McNair set it up where Cal will retain ownership after Janice passes.
I believe Caserio and Cal can accomplish this and keep Watson at the same time. Easterby is a nothing peg in this organization.

I was curious as to why Easterby walked away from NE, seems he couldn't stay with the organization after Kraft's indiscretions with the women of the night. NE was extremely pissed that he went to Houston where after 6 seasons he had a full grasp of the Patriots super secret and complete behind the scenes knowledge of their 20 year plan for success.

Personally, I'm not impressed by that 6 year stretch in NE and in all honesty he didn't have shite to do with that organization other than be a set of ears for pissed off players. If Cal had hired him in this capacity exclusively...things might be different with the Texans organization today. I think Easterby felt confident in expanding his power when he realized how weak Cal was as an owner.

So, would this be a players calling the shots situation if Easterby is fired? No, Cal could just call it a mistake. Everyone is happy and moving forward.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Yes

Exactly. You think the only way to alleviate this is to placate to the players. I don’t. McNair needs to decide if this is the moment he wants to lead or not.

I don’t think he’s getting another chance. He’s about to define who he is.

I can’t think of any owner who has kowtowed to the players & if he does, it won’t be long before Janice finds a new CEO. She’ll have no choice
As it pertains to DW4 and what he could do in the future & b/c it has gotten too far out of hand at this point, yes this is the only way.

This whole thing is about trust and right now the players have lost trust in his ability to lead and make decisions..& anyone he might bring in to make them for him on the football side.....that directly affects Caserio’s ability to do his job. If he wants to gain their trust again as the leader and he wants them to trust in his decision to bring on Caserio to right this ship, he has to cut ties with Easterby.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
At the heart of it, I still believe this is more about office politics than anything else b/c more of them have been jettisoned due to “culture fit” and that’s more of Easterby’s stomping grounds than any place. Gaine, Olsen and Palcic...Rumors about Jamey Rootes wanting to leave now....these are all people that have been over there in 1 capacity or another for a minimum of 4 years. And it probably wouldn’t have been such a big deal....but then it hit the players and Nuk was traded for basically nothing and that’s when **** hit the fan.

All that being said, Too many popular people over there on Kirby have been shipped out under the guise of culture fit or auspicious circumstances, and I do still believe Easterby is being made the scapegoat for something that Cal himself wants.....sucks for him, but it is what it is.
I agree. Like you, I think Easterby does not have the power that many have attributed to him. Maybe he wanted it, I don't know, but I think the inherent problem is that he represents something bigger within the organization that starts with the owners themselves.

He might eventually be scapegoated, but like you, I think the problem will still be there. He was most likely hired because he represents whatever philosophy the owners desire as their mantra for the franchise. I don't think he created it.

Unfortunately for us fans, this might be a process that takes a while to figure out and resolve itself. Assuming it gets resolved, of course, and this organization does not devolve into Detroit Lions South.

Right now, it's tough to predict either way, but if they let Deshaun go, we'll have a lot more answers to these riddles.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Whether Easterby is here or not, my hope is that once we get the HC hired and things start falling in place with the staff hires & we get into the throws of the new league year and season, that things begin to settle down.

Sometimes dysfunction like this can galvanize a team. Look no further than the Pats for that....Bulls with the players and coaches vs. Jerry Krause....

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Interesting thing about AJ's comments is that his words align perfectly with the on-going dumpster fire that has been smoking on Kirby. They clearly support the narrative that has been building for months. Nothing he said undermines any of it.

That said, I believe you expect too much from Cal McNair. He will never take your excellent advice, because he's not a leader of men. I do not say this as an insult to him, but he's clearly a beta male to Bob McNair's alpha. And he appears to be a terrible judge of character when he's allowed a rather unscrupulous preacher man to have so much space in his head and power in his company (i.e. Executive Vice President, Football Operations).

I don't think he lets Easterby go. I think Cal, Jack, and Nick are on the same page, building their "culture" that appears to be more about moral litmus tests than actual competitive football traits. After watching those press conferences again, it is my belief that they will dig their heels in, and if Watson continues to dig his in, then they will trade him and set this franchise back many years. Just my perception from the outside looking in, but they are clearly not making a "winning culture" a top priority.

As has been clearly documented in the forum many times, the front office upheaval with Easterby started well before Palcic was fired. Tampering charges and fake details on the resume and Easterby's website were already in the media before she was let go.

You have provided ZERO EVIDENCE of your "hit piece" conspiracy in spite of numerous requests to do so. You continue with this baseless rhetoric regardless of growing evidence to the contrary. I guess the "liberal mainstream media" convinced Andre Johnson to participate, as well?

I'm reaching a point of believing that Cal lives in a bubble and has surrounded himself with "yes men". The tale of the Emperor Has No Clothes comes to mind. He's insulated himself, probably hears very little from fans and media, and as long as his corporate sponsors, PSL season ticket renewals, and shared league revenues continues to flow into his coffers, I doubt he has any sort of backbone to fix what he does not perceive as broken.
Hopefully this happens, you and I just disagree about whether keeping DW4 will be worse for the franchise than trading him and the ramifications of the cap.

Disagree if you don't think that Palcic's firing didn't have anything to do with this. I really don't care what AJ thinks and if Cal bows down to DW4 this franchise will have set a terrible precedent and 1 that his dad never would have allowed.

Agreed and this is why he will probably bow down to DW4's wishes. The Cletus factor.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Whether Easterby is here or not, my hope is that once we get the HC hired and things start falling in place with the staff hires & we get into the throws of the new league year and season, that things begin to settle down.

Sometimes dysfunction like this can galvanize a team. Look no further than the Pats for that....Bulls with the players and coaches vs. Jerry Krause....
They're going to be behind if they have to wait to interview Bienemy, a guy who they obviously don't want to hire. But are only doing it to appease DW4.

The inmates truly are running the asylum and Cal has nobody to blame but himself for this because he put DW4 on the hiring committee.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I believe Caserio and Cal can accomplish this and keep Watson at the same time. Easterby is a nothing peg in this organization.

I was curious as to why Easterby walked away from NE, seems he couldn't stay with the organization after Kraft's indiscretions with the women of the night. NE was extremely pissed that he went to Houston where after 6 seasons he had a full grasp of the Patriots super secret and complete behind the scenes knowledge of their 20 year plan for success.

Personally, I'm not impressed by that 6 year stretch in NE and in all honesty he didn't have shite to do with that organization other than be a set of ears for pissed off players. If Cal had hired him in this capacity exclusively...things might be different with the Texans organization today. I think Easterby felt confident in expanding his power when he realized how weak Cal was as an owner.

So, would this be a players calling the shots situation if Easterby is fired? No, Cal could just call it a mistake. Everyone is happy and moving forward.
Make no mistake if Easterby is fired DW4'S calling the shots.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Make no mistake if Easterby is fired DW4'S calling the shots.
There are apparently other players (speculation) who seem to have issues with Easterby outside of Watson. Again.....I don't care how it's perceived, Easterby is gone before I watch Watson leave via trade. I'd trust Watson to get this team to the promised land far sooner than Easterby in any capacity. If Easterby has in fact ushered in cloud of distrust, then like OB, anyone can take the credit for getting his arse canned and I'd be proud of them.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Hopefully this happens, you and I just disagree about whether keeping DW4 will be worse for the franchise than trading him and the ramifications of the cap.

Disagree if you don't think that Palcic's firing didn't have anything to do with this. I really don't care what AJ thinks and if Cal bows down to DW4 this franchise will have set a terrible precedent and 1 that his dad never would have allowed.

Agreed and this is why he will probably bow down to DW4's wishes. The Cletus factor.
I'm taking the Texans at face value and according to their own official statements.

Firing Amy was due to the "culture" they are trying to build. THEY said it. It's not an assumption on the part of fans.

Her firing was the result of a process, not the cause of it. Same with the other front office execs.

Why? I bet you couldn't pick Rootes out of a lineup and Easterby would be out of the football operations side of the Texans org. This should make you happy. Or are you one of those guys that of Easterby isn't fired you're out?
We should not even know these people. They should be nameless/faceless employees in the background of front office operations.

That we do know about them is a direct result of a dysfunctional situation that is emanating BS that most of us smell.

My growing lack of interest has nothing to do with who they hire and fire. It has everything to do with being entertained or not. And watching bad football fielded by a stupid organization is simply not that entertaining. I'd rather see good NFL football and I'd rather not lower my standards with a hometown discount. Perhaps you enjoy wasting your time, but with the finite amount of time left on the planet, I've got better things to do.

And you take my sarcasm too literally. I've got a character flaw of loyalty to my home town, even going to Oilers games after 35-3. I own it, but that doesn't mean I'm proud of it. I'll be aware of the state of the Texans, but I'd be lying if I acted like I'm so hardcore that I can enjoy 2-14 seasons. Go for it if that's you.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

his dad set that precedent a long time ago when he allowed AJ to dictate his actions & renegotiate his bad contract his uncle set him up with well before he had to.

There’s a certain level of catering to the players period.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
But Tom Brady was on board with Easterby.
Sure, when he was just part of a support staff as a so-called "life coach". He was never anything more than that with the Patriots, iirc, and was certainly never even close to being Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

Don't forget that Easterby also claimed that he was offered a lifetime contract by the Patriots, which they quickly denied. Gotta' love a pathologically lying preacher. Very trustworthy.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Well I think it’s obvious this is Cal’s stance and well, here we are. The other problem with this approach is that you’re showing you really don’t give a damn what your players think and you risk alienating them even further and you make Caserio’s job even harder; both in dealing with the players currently on the team that you wanna keep as wel as those who he might wanna bring in via FA as well as any you’re trying to decide on with contracts.

I just think at this point, Cal has to listen to his people about how they feel. They just don’t trust dude........for whatever reason. And in this regard he would curry favor, but that favor would come with a heavier hand in dealing with them. Zero tolerance from here on out with everybody.
Or start trading
his dad set that precedent a long time ago when he allowed AJ to dictate his actions & renegotiate his bad contract his uncle set him up with well before he had to.

There’s a certain level of catering to the players period.
Quoted for truth

Deciding mgmt positions is a clear line that needs to be drawn between mgmt/ players. Unfortunately Cal screwed this up.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm taking the Texans at face value and according to their own official statements.

Firing Amy was due to the "culture" they are trying to build. THEY said it. It's not an assumption on the part of fans.

Her firing was the result of a process, not the cause of it. Same with the other front office execs.

We should not even know these people. They should be nameless/faceless employees in the background of front office operations.

That we do know about them is a direct result of a dysfunctional situation that is emanating BS that most of us smell.

My growing lack of interest has nothing to do with who they hire and fire. It has everything to do with being entertained or not. And watching bad football fielded by a stupid organization is simply not that entertaining. I'd rather see good NFL football and I'd rather not lower my standards with a hometown discount. Perhaps you enjoy wasting your time, but with the finite amount of time left on the planet, I've got better things to do.

And you take my sarcasm too literally. I've got a character flaw of loyalty to my home town, even going to Oilers games after 35-3. I own it, but that doesn't mean I'm proud of it. I'll be aware of the state of the Texans, but I'd be lying if I acted like I'm so hardcore that I can enjoy 2-14 seasons. Go for it if that's you.
I agree with most of this.. the culture thing without saying is she's a lib working for a conservative boss. BTW, the conservative boss has every right to fire her.

Agreed about bad football, did you notice that the wildcard tv numbers were way off. People are turning against professional sports on record numbers. I know I don't watch near as much as I used too. I guess all of the social justice crap has just turned me off. Looking back on it I should have done this yrs ago.

I have character flaw and being honest if it weren't for this MB I would be watching even less Texans games.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Sure, when he was just part of a support staff as a so-called "life coach". He was never anything more than that with the Patriots, iirc, and was certainly never even close to being Executive Vice President of Football Operations.
According to the articles written before Easterby came to Houston he was more than a life coach. He was part of Belichick’s inner circle.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
There are apparently other players (speculation) who seem to have issues with Easterby outside of Watson. Again.....I don't care how it's perceived, Easterby is gone before I watch Watson leave via trade. I'd trust Watson to get this team to the promised land far sooner than Easterby in any capacity. If Easterby has in fact ushered in cloud of distrust, then like OB, anyone can take the credit for getting his arse canned and I'd be proud of them.
For different reasons neither one of them are going to take them to the promise land. IMHO

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Agreed about bad football, did you notice that the wildcard tv numbers were way off. People are turning against professional sports on record numbers. I know I don't watch near as much as I used too. I guess all of the social justice crap has just turned me off. Looking back on it I should have done this yrs ago.
I noticed YouTube, Amazon, Yahoo & someone else were all streaming the games live. I wonder how much they’re paying for that.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Can we change the name of this thread? Every time I see it I wonder WTF were we thinking to welcome him. Please just resign dude. Best for all. I was an executive at a top 5 company and seeing Cal and Jack, it is laughable how unprepared and unqualified they are for their roles. I do think Cal cares, but he is so tone deaf and unqualified to recognize good leadership, strategy, vision, and talent he is so easily manipulated it is laughable

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
According to the articles written before Easterby came to Houston he was more than a life coach. He was part of Belichick’s inner circle.
Yes, as a CHARACTER COACH only.

Bill Belichick says Texans VP Jack Easterby is 'not a personnel person'

Easterby — the Houston Texans executive vice president of football operations — cut his teeth in the NFL with the New England Patriots. A team chaplain with the Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs before them, Easterby gained Belichick’s trust and earned his way into the Patriots inner circle as a “character coach.

He was on the field for practice drills and sat in on personnel meetings. He helped the team deal with the aftermath of the Aaron Hernandez tragedy.

Belichick’s take on Easterby

He shared kind words with the Houston media.
“Jack did a great job for us,” Belichick said, per Pro Football Talk. “His role was a varied one. He worked with a lot of different aspects of the organization — players, coaches, support people, so forth.
“He was a person who could connect well with everybody, from the owner of the team to the equipment manager or equipment guy that picks up towels and all the people in between. He was a very valuable person in this organization in the time he was here.”
Belichick then answered whether he expected Easterby to be running a front office.
“Jack’s not a personnel person,” Belichick said. “No.”
Texans hire Jack Easterby as head of team development; was Patriots' beloved character coach

The New England Patriots have lost several key coaches since winning Super Bowl LIII, but one of their biggest losses might have been one that flew under the radar: Jack Easterby, who was officially the team’s character coach/team development.

Easterby and the Patriots parted ways in February; his contract with the team had expired, but the Boston Globe reported that Easterby felt his time with the team had run its course, and the situation with team owner Robert Kraft, who was charged that month for solicitation tied to a prostitution ring in a Florida strip-mall day spa, didn’t sit well with him.
You should take the time to read the articles being posted, all things considered. :thinking:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
These articles are certainly in contrast to the ones being promulgated by SI/PFT/NBC.
Yes, written before the true character of Jack Easterby was known. Before his lying resume/website/credentials was discovered, before his tampering against NFL rules, before his signing with an agent that represents GMs, before anyone realized his preacher man "character coach" was just a facade hiding his true ambitions.

"Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization" ~ Andre Johnson

Texian

Hall of Fame
Yes, written before the true character of Jack Easterby was known. Before his lying resume/website/credentials was discovered, before his tampering against NFL rules, before his signing with an agent that represents GMs, before anyone realized his preacher man "character coach" was just a facade hiding his true ambitions.

"Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization" ~ Andre Johnson
Clearly you love you some SI/PFT/NBC Easterby character assassination hit pieces. You seemed to have swallowed them all, hook, line and sinker. I'M NOT an EASTERBY fan. never have been. When I was in the Navy we had a character coach on our aircraft carrier, we called him Chaplin.

Last edited:

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Clearly you love you some SI/PFT/NBC Easterby character assassination hit pieces. You seemed to have swallowed them all, hook, line and sinker. I'M NOT an EASTERBY fan. never have been. When I was in the Navy we had a character coach on our aircraft carrier, we called him Chaplin.
He's no longer a mere character coach. He's now the Executive Vice President of Football Operations. Do they rank chaplins straight up to XO's on those Navy ships without prior training or qualifications? Please elaborate, because otherwise you've just created a strawman argument.

And you appear to love some delusional BS conjured up in your noggin' about baseless vast liberal conspiracies against the Houston Texans. Claims that you are unable to backup with any credible information after numerous requests to do so.

Andre Johnson's thoughts carries a LOT more weight than your unsupported delusional claims. I guess you believe he's in on your little fantasy, too?

Bring receipts or you are full of crap.

Texian

Hall of Fame
He's no longer a mere character coach. He's now the Executive Vice President of Football Operations. Do they rank chaplins straight up to XO's on those Navy ships without prior training or qualifications? Please elaborate, because otherwise you've just created a strawman argument.

And you appear to love some delusional BS conjured up in your noggin' about baseless vast liberal conspiracies against the Houston Texans. Claims that you are unable to backup with any credible information after numerous requests to do so.

Andre Johnson's thoughts carries a LOT more weight than your unsupported delusional claims. I guess you believe he's in on your little fantasy, too?

What part of, "I'M NOT an EASTERBY fan, never have been" did you not understand?

As far as receipts go I am sure your Google works much better than my DuckDuckGo.

Last edited:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
It hasn’t happened yet b/c it’s not really Easterby’s doing, It’s Cal’s. Easterby is just the face of this culture thing and he’s being made the scapegoat.

would be pretty shitty of Cal to fire the dude for doing his bidding.....but that’s what’s going to happen.

At the very least, Easterby will be completely removed from having anything to do with the football side of things but he will still be within the organization.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It hasn’t happened yet b/c it’s not really Easterby’s doing, It’s Cal’s. Easterby is just the face of this culture thing and he’s being made the scapegoat.

would be pretty shitty of Cal to fire the dude for doing his bidding.....but that’s what’s going to happen.

At the very least, Easterby will be completely removed from having anything to do with the football side of things.
Agreed. Firing Easterby isn't going to change the way Houston does things. The problems that were here before, that wasted Andre & Watt's career... will still be here. But, the fans & the inmates will be happy Easterby is gone.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame

You really do get triggered by Easterby don't you?