Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
The telling thing to me is how nobody seems willing to speak out to back Easterby. The SI article hinted at a lot of discontentment not just within the locker room but the business side of the franchise. You've got local reporters saying they're hearing a lot of people both on the team and in management that are upset with the way things unfolded with Caserio's hiring with possibly even the president of the Texans leaving over it. There's no one supporting Easterby at least publicly that I've seen aside from Cal and Caserio but you've got leaks galore. Now, one of the two best players to ever play for the team is saying Easterby's a problem and the other (JJ) sure hasn't seemed like he's been pleased with the direction of the team.

It's clear that he's a negative influence on the team just from reading the tea leaves. Now he's DMing people asking them to take down negative tweets about him. His "culture" has seen one backstabbing after another in management and the football team has gotten way worse as a result of mismanagement. For a culture coach, he sure does seem to foster a lot of distrust, lying and backstabbing.
but this is where you have to be careful. Belichick spoke highly of him. Crennel worked with him here and in KC for many years. Caserio also worked with him for a long time. BoB brought him in. None of these guys have had a bad word to say about dude...or haven’t said anything about him. You would think that at a minimum a guy like Crennel could’ve warned Cal before he brought him like “hey, I wouldn’t go there if I were you”...but nothing. He also had a ton of people in that same SI article that did back him.......they were just from other organizations..

it’s definitely a weird juxtaposition and I can at least see Cal’s dilemma from a “who do you believe?” standpoint.

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
The telling thing to me is how nobody seems willing to speak out to back Easterby. The SI article hinted at a lot of discontentment not just within the locker room but the business side of the franchise. You've got local reporters saying they're hearing a lot of people both on the team and in management that are upset with the way things unfolded with Caserio's hiring with possibly even the president of the Texans leaving over it. There's no one supporting Easterby at least publicly that I've seen aside from Cal and Caserio but you've got leaks galore. Now, one of the two best players to ever play for the team is saying Easterby's a problem and the other (JJ) sure hasn't seemed like he's been pleased with the direction of the team.

It's clear that he's a negative influence on the team just from reading the tea leaves. Now he's DMing people asking them to take down negative tweets about him. His "culture" has seen one backstabbing after another in management and the football team has gotten way worse as a result of mismanagement. For a culture coach, he sure does seem to foster a lot of distrust, lying and backstabbing.
I have friends on the business side, and Ive heard exactly what you’ve posted

Texian

Hall of Fame
The McNairs are anything but aristocrats which smacks of nobility.
Rather the McNairs are the Beverly Hillbillies, they came from a humble background and moved to the oil patch in Houston and struck it rich when the old man scored a billion dollar deal with Enron. No the McNairs aren't aristocrats they are comparatively speaking just recently wealthy, aka new money.
So Cal is Jethro. Works for me. I'm pretty sure in the minds of the McNairs they're The Aristocrats vs the Clampetts but I think you nailed it!

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Cal made OB the GM
Cal can't be fired. The guy in Cal's ear can be fired.
That said, it's our prerogative as consumers/customers to avoid a product...
Even if we don't avoid the product, we are allowed to critique the product and how it is produced. As a fan, I don't like what's happening on Kirby. I don't like what has happened under Cal's watch. He's been in this business for two decades and still acts like a novice. It's apparent to anyone that Cal is over his head and needs someone to oversee this franchise. Easterby is a symptom of the problem.
Bingo, personally I haven’t bought a Texans product in 5 years nor watched more than a game or two live.
??? I really don't get the lack of interest in the product, but the interest in discussing about the product.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
There are a few Easterby apologists. Growing fewer by the day.
noone here is an apologist for him..just those who take everything from every talking head to be fact, and those who require people with a little more credibility to speak on things before they jump in...

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's clear that he's a negative influence on the team just from reading the tea leaves. Now he's DMing people asking them to take down negative tweets about him.
Probably last straw kind of thing. Wall is not even involved with football. It comes across as slanderous & a lawsuit Easterby could probably win.

His "culture" has seen one backstabbing after another in management and the football team has gotten way worse as a result of mismanagement.
Ricky got Kubiak. BO’b got Smith. Then Easterby was hired. This has been the Texans way long before Easterby got here. Maybe he exacerbated it, but I have a hard time laying this culture at Easterby’s feet.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Let's say Easterby is let go from the organization. How does that go, exactly? Does Cal tell Jack or does he tell Caserio to fire him? "Hey Nick, remember that conversation we had about us hiring you and promising you you can work with your good buddy Jack again? Well, about that?"

Not gonna happen.

Ricky got Kubiak. BO’b got Smith. Then Easterby was hired. This has been the Texans way long before Easterby got here. Maybe he exacerbated it, but I have a hard time laying this culture at Easterby’s feet.
Definitely fair to say it's been going on longer than Easterby's been here. Just seems like there's been a hell of a lot of people getting fired or traded or cut with the excuse of "not being a good culture fit" since he arrived.

Here's an article from November on some of the people (not just players) who have left since he got hired.

This article is the 17 biggest mistakes the team has made since he was hired.

We may soon be adding an 18th - angering Deshaun Watson enough that he wants out.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I have friends on the business side, and Ive heard exactly what you’ve posted
Yep, Rootes is having to take a backseat to Easterby and his underlings know their days are number. Put this together with Cal hiring another Pat and Cal/Caserio not wanting Bienemy and you get what you currently have. This org needs a full top to bottom housecleaning..

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
We heard from one of the Texans Ring of Honor members about Easterby, the real question is will we hear from the other member? If he chimes in you know **** has hit the fan.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Cal can't be fired. The guy in Cal's ear can be fired.

Even if we don't avoid the product, we are allowed to critique the product and how it is produced. As a fan, I don't like what's happening on Kirby. I don't like what has happened under Cal's watch. He's been in this business for two decades and still acts like a novice. It's apparent to anyone that Cal is over his head and needs someone to oversee this franchise. Easterby is a symptom of the problem.

??? I really don't get the lack of interest in the product, but the interest in discussing about the product.
Because the conversation itself is enjoyable and I didn’t say I don’t have any interest in the product just not enough to spend 2+ hours watching it regularly. Due to our work schedules my wife and I get limited time together and with our son so football in general and Texans in particular are not important enough for me to cut into that time. Maybe that’s why I don’t get as invested as others on here and don’t ultimately care what the Texans do. The conversation on here is far more enjoyable to me than most of the games.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Definitely fair to say it's been going on longer than Easterby's been here. Just seems like there's been a hell of a lot of people getting fired or traded or cut with the excuse of "not being a good culture fit" since he arrived.

Here's an article from November on some of the people (not just players) who have left since he got hired.

This article is the 17 biggest mistakes the team has made since he was hired.

We may soon be adding an 18th - angering Deshaun Watson enough that he wants out.
Thing about it is, Easterby hasn’t fired or traded not 1 of these people b/c he hasn’t had the power. BoB traded Nuk after a supposed falling out. Rootes fired Palcic. BoB traded Clowney. Chris Olsen left on his own...reportedly b/c of BoB NOT Easterby. Cal fired Gaine.

Dude might be a problem from the standpoint of people not trusting him, but if he’s got THAT much skill in convincing folks to make bad decisions, then those people he “controlled” and got to do those things are weak-minded and probably needed to be gone anyway.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Jack is like Rasputin the russian witch doctor who cast a black magic spell on the Tsar Family :P cept its the Mcnair family

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Does it really matter?

We're talking about tearing down the house McNair spent 18 years building. The people complaining about Easterby wrecking sht are the people who've been complaining about the sht for 18 years.
I’m not absolving Easterby of anything, but the narrative of “since Easterby got here...” is played simply b/c if/when he is jettisoned, a new scapegoat will quickly take his place as the reason for the ineptitude; just as he took BoB’s place after he was fired.

There will always be 1.

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
That’s been my stance. Dre don’t do/say this kinda stuff unless there’s perceived to be real issues. The minute someone actually put their name on their comments themselves is when I took notice.
Question, when Watson says we need a “culture shift” and that they are “too many people that think they have this power”

Who do you think he’s taking about? Easterby is our “character coach“ in charge of developing our culture. Since Easterby was hired we’ve had, IMO, the worst stretch in our team’s history. We’ve become a laughing stock. You’re right in that it’s not just Easterby, it was both BOB and Easterby that have created an atmosphere of toxicity within the organization. I have multiple friends in the organization and I can tell you the much of what’s has been written about BOB being a micromanaging control freak that ruled through fear is true. The same goes for the absolute mistrust of Easterby. Earlier this week Seth Payne said he had talked to multiple people in the know and that based on those conversations the SI article that ripped Easterby was factual. That’s a former player with direct ties to the team that works for the team’s radio station confirming the article on air. To me that’s someone putting their name on it

Luckily BOB is gone. They cut out one cancer. The reason everyone is jumping on Easterby is he’s the other half of the equation and he’s still in the building causing issues. He says his job is to serve to the team. How is presence serving the team right now. If he truly cared about the team and wanted what’s best he’d resign because his presence is causing massive problems

Your right in that it’s rarely just one person causing issues, there was plenty of blame to pass around during the Capers, Kubiak and OB eras, from poor middle round drafting to FA missteps to hiring incompetent DCs to GMs and HCs butting heads, to not placing enough emphasis on the most important position on the team.

In our current state there is one major problem that needs to be addressed and while getting rid of Easterby won’t fix everything that‘s wrong with us it will be a step in the right direction

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Question, when Watson says we need a “culture shift” and that they are “too many people that think they have this power”

Who do you think he’s taking about? Easterby is our “character coach“ in charge of developing our culture. Since Easterby was hired we’ve had, IMO, the worst stretch in our team’s history. We’ve become a laughing stock. You’re right in that it’s not just Easterby, it was both BOB and Easterby that have created an atmosphere of toxicity within the organization. I have multiple friends in the organization and I can tell you the much of what’s has been written about BOB being a micromanaging control freak that ruled through fear is true. The same goes for the absolute mistrust of Easterby. Earlier this week Seth Payne said he had talked to multiple people in the know and that based on those conversations the SI article that ripped Easterby was factual. That’s a former player with direct ties to the team that works for the team’s radio station confirming the article on air. To me that’s someone putting their name on it

Luckily BOB is gone. They cut out one cancer. The reason everyone is jumping on Easterby is he’s the other half of the equation and he’s still in the building causing issues. He says his job is to serve to the team. How is presence serving the team right now. If he truly cared about the team and wanted what’s best he’d resign because his presence is causing massive problems

Your right in that it’s rarely just one person causing issues, there was plenty of blame to pass around during the Capers, Kubiak and OB eras, from poor middle round drafting to FA missteps to hiring incompetent DCs to GMs and HCs butting heads, to not placing enough emphasis on the most important position on the team.

In our current state there is one major problem that needs to be addressed and while getting rid of Easterby won’t fix everything that‘s wrong with us it will be a step in the right direction
I don’t know if he’s still causing issues in so much that there are people still there that feel like he was as much part of the problem as BoB was. Thing with that though is, you just have to beware of the motivations of some of those people. The whole getting back to “business as usual” on Kirby by getting rid of Easterby........well the Texans weren’t exactly known as being this model of greatness before he came along either and as I & others have said how far do u let folks go with arresting control this way?

what I mean by putting your name on it is what Dre did. Because it’s 1 thing to have all these inside people talking, it’s quite another to do what he did. He not only put his name on it, he specifically named Easterby as the issue. That’s about as bold and straight forward as it gets. Further, it lends credibility to the situation.

Last edited:

otisbean

Veteran
Contributor's Club
I don’t know if he’s still causing issues in so much that there are people still there that feel like he was as much part of the problem as BoB was. Thing with that though is, you just have to beware of the motivations of some of those people. The whole getting back to “business as usual” on Kirby by getting rid of Easterby........well the Texans weren’t exactly known as being this model of greatness before he came along either and as I & others have said how far do u let folks go with arresting control this way?

what I mean by putting your name on it is what Dre did. Because it’s 1 thing to have all these inside people talking, it’s quite another to do what he did.

Further, it lends credibility to the situation by putting your name to your comments.
Hopefully, fingers crossed, they will get a good staff together and business as usual will change for the better on Kirby. I would hope lessons are being learned and mistakes won’t be repeated in the future. I really wish/hope Cal will hire a president of FB operations (keep Roots as president of the business side) so he can insulate himself. Clearly it’s easy to take advantage of him

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame

what I mean by putting your name on it is what Dre did. Because it’s 1 thing to have all these inside people talking, it’s quite another to do what he did.

Further, it lends credibility to the situation by putting your name to your comments.
Agree, Dre dropping his two cents speaks volumes. Didnt see this till this morning. I was blown away

The Finnegan memes are Hilarious

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Hopefully, fingers crossed, they will get a good staff together and business as usual will change for the better on Kirby. I would hope lessons are being learned and mistakes won’t be repeated in the future. I really wish/hope Cal will hire a president of FB operations (keep Roots as president of the business side) so he can insulate himself. Clearly it’s easy to take advantage of him
I hope there's a full housecleaning.

Rooted/Easterby/all of their minions/DW4/JJ/the janitor.

BTW, if I was Cal AJ would be removed from the ring of honor and excommunicated.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I hope there's a full housecleaning.

Rooted/Easterby/all of their minions/DW4/JJ/the janitor.

BTW, if I was Cal AJ would be removed from the ring of honor and excommunicated.
i think a full sit down is in order. 1st with Cal and the players....every single 1 of them & he needs to hear their concerns from THEIR mouths. not from the $&@%-ing media, not through social media and cryptic tweets and certainly not from former players. Obviously they don’t feel comfortable enough with coming to him on their own with such matters so I think it’d be important for them to feel like they have his ear....& it’s be important for Cal to at least give them the appearance that he’s listening.

The next sit down that needs to happen is Cal with key FO people for the exact same reason.

The final meeting needs to be with Caserio and they discuss everything said. And from that, a decision needs to be made on Easterby...which I think we all know what all that feedback is likely to yield.

but after the deed is done, Cal needs to make it known internally to everyone in the organization that all the leaking....all the backstabbing and other nonsense won’t be tolerated and decisions about the direction of the team in the future will not be up for discussion or negotiations. The main thing He needs to convey is his vision for the franchise going forward and that Caserio is the guy he has chosen to see that transition thru. And if anyone has a problem with that, then they need to make it known now and/or seek employment elsewhere.

Last edited:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

players can/will be traded.

But if I’m Cal, everyone in the FO is fair game to be fired from here on out b/c when it comes to such matters of running a business, folks in the inner sanctum need to be close and things need to be airtight. it has been anything but off Kirby and that big SI article is proof of that.

Further if they’re sort of forcing his hand to fire HIS guy, well that puts their job at risk and if I’m him I’m putting loyalty as the top quality I want in my staff.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Cal needs to make it known internally to everyone in the organization that all the leaking....all the backstabbing and other nonsense won’t be tolerated and decisions about the direction of the team in the future will not be up for discussion or negotiations.
This is a reflection of the way business has been done from the top, from the beginning. Cal needs to change the way he does business.

The main thing He needs to convey is his vision for the franchise going forward and that Caserio is the guy he has chosen to see that transition thru. And if anyone has a problem with that, then they need to make it known now and/or seek employment elsewhere.
Unfortunately the stench of Easterby is on Caserio. I know... Caserio was coveted before Easterby, but the way things have played out, it is what it is. They are now as joined at the hip as O'Brien & Easterby was & people were not happy when O'Brien was ousted & Easterby stayed. They may not say it, but that's the way it's going to "feel" if Easterby is ousted & Caserio stays & they'll never get past it until they make a clean break with Caserio & whoever he brings in.

So I don't think the first thing that should happen from the "new" way is to let the backstabbing & leaking result in firing Easterby. He needs to stop playing Coy. If he wants an organization with Caserio at the top & Easterby at his side, or if Easterby is actually our Vice President of Football Operations, which it seems to be, he needs to just say as much. & go from there.

1st with Cal and the players....he needs to hear their concerns from THEIR mouths. not from the $&@%-ing media, not through social media and cryptic tweets and certainly not from former players.
I disagree. If he hired Caserio to be the GM, Caserio needs to handle this interview. Caserio needs to hire his coach. Then Caserio, Easterby, & this Coach needs to address this with the players. This interaction needs to be demonstrative of the "new way" the Texans Way.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
players can/will be traded.

But if I’m Cal, everyone in the FO is fair game to be fired from here on out b/c when it comes to such matters of running a business, folks in the inner sanctum need to be close and things need to be airtight. it has been anything but off Kirby and that big SI article is proof of that.

Further if they’re sort of forcing his hand to fire HIS guy, well that puts their job at risk and if I’m him I’m putting loyalty as the top quality I want in my staff.
If you believe the SI article was nothing more than a hit piece.

Do you think it's a coincidence that all the front office upheaval and the SI article came out after Palcic was fired? I dont and IMO this is nothing more than her trying to get retribution for being fired.

The business side of the Texans org has always been stable until the firing of Palcic. Even though there have been sexual harassment charges brought on the Texans org and FO personnel and a GM got fired for HR reasons.

The on the field and football side of mgmt has been a clusterfvk of backstabbing/power grabbing/doing things to get one side or the other fired/CYA since a couple of yrs before Kubiak was fired. If Caserio can clean this up that will be the 1st step in rehabbing this franchises on the field product. That and a better scouting staff.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This is a reflection of the way business has been done from the top, from the beginning. Cal needs to change the way he does business.

Unfortunately the stench of Easterby is on Caserio. I know... Caserio was coveted before Easterby, but the way things have played out, it is what it is. They are now as joined at the hip as O'Brien & Easterby was & people were not happy when O'Brien was ousted & Easterby stayed. They may not say it, but that's the way it's going to "feel" if Easterby is ousted & Caserio stays & they'll never get past it until they make a clean break with Caserio & whoever he brings in.

So I don't think the first thing that should happen from the "new" way is to let the backstabbing & leaking result in firing Easterby. He needs to stop playing Coy. If he wants an organization with Caserio at the top & Easterby at his side, or if Easterby is actually our Vice President of Football Operations, which it seems to be, he needs to just say as much. & go from there.

I disagree. If he hired Caserio to be the GM, Caserio needs to handle this interview. Caserio needs to hire his coach. Then Caserio, Easterby, & this Coach needs to address this with the players. This interaction needs to be demonstrative of the "new way" the Texans Way.
Totally agree with this post.

Unfortunately if you want the stench to go away and the players to get on board with the new program, then that means you will have to turn over most of the roster (Most will be gone anyways.) This especially includes DW4/JJ, they lead the players and the feeling you're describing isn't going to change unless either Caserio/Easterby are gone or DW4/JJ are gone. Cal just hired Caserio and kept Easterby on so I think we know which side Cal is going to back. Right now Cal's waiting for DW4 to get back from Cabo so he, DW4, Caserio can sit down and figure out if their differences can be ironed out. That or Cal is just caving and is going to give Bienemy an interview to appease DW4 even though it's obvious Bienemy's not a good fit for what Cal wants his org to be.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
One thing is for certain.....no matter what capacity Cal keeps Easterby, Easterby will have zero impact as to why the team would succeed. On the other hand.....Easterby's "negative" impact on the Texans players and FO will have a profound impact on the team going forward.

Cal has an opportunity to upgrade his image with the team and it would begin by letting Easterby go for the betterment of his organization. Caserio could immediately see image go up with the players if he stands with Cal in justifying Easterby's release.

I just have a really hard time with the fact Cal doesn't see or feel the turbulent waters at his Kirby office or with his players in regards to Easterby......just don't get it!!! Unless he's got his arse locked up in his office so he can safely play with his Star Wars action figures while saying, "I'm your father Luke" into the fan on his desk. He just can't be ths oblivious to his surroundings, or can he?

Last edited:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
remember some were saying it's Bieniemy's job if he wants it.
Do the Texans seriously wait until the Chiefs are done playing before making a decision on their new HC? First, I don't think he's worth the wait nor the possibility of losing a solid candidate that could be off the table before Bieniemy is available. Bieniemy also mentioned he didn't have any interest in the Texans job......so we're going to wait on a iffy HC candidate?

Texans are in no position to wait. They have a huge job ahead of them. Caserio needs to get his staff put together, a HC named, and a coaching staff set so they can begin the task of going over film to determine how the cap gets corrected. The time would allow the new crew to determine how many players need to be moved via trades or cuts while preparing for the draft to start the task of rebuilding this team.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
One thing is for certain.....no matter what capacity Cal keeps Easterby around, Easterby will have zero why the team would succeed. On the other hand.....Easterby's negative impact on the Texans players and FO will have a profound impact on the team going forward.

Cal has an opportunity to upgrade his status by letting go of Easterby for the betterment of his organization and team. Caserio immediately see's image go up with the players if he stands with Cal in justifying Easterby's release.

I just have a really hard time with the fact Cal doesn't see or feel the turbulent waters at Kirby or with his players in regards to Easterby......just don't get it!!! Unless he's got his arse locked up in his office so he can safely play with his Star Wars action figures while saying, "I'm your father Luke" into the fan on his desk. He can't be ths oblivious, or can he?
Trading DW4 would let the players know that players play and mgmt manage and that players need to stay in their lane. This will not end until 1 of DW4/Easterby/Caserio are gone. Who has the power here mgmt or the players. What happens here will define the rest of Cal's time as ownership. I'm betting knowing Cal's past he chooses mgmt. Cal has nobody to blame but himself for this situation because he put DW4 on the search committee and gave A not THE voice in the hiring process. DW4 appears to have an overvalued sense of his place in the Texans org. He wont be a Texan in at most another 6-7 yrs and Cal will still be an owner, provided the McNair children dont force a sale and I've heard Bob McNair set it up where Cal will retain ownership after Janice passes.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Do the Texans seriously wait until the Chiefs are done playing before making a decision on their new HC? First, I don't think he's worth the wait nor the possibility of losing a solid candidate that could be off the table before Bieniemy is available. Bieniemy also mentioned he didn't have any interest in the Texans job......so we're going to wait on a iffy HC candidate?

Texans are in no position to wait. They have a huge job ahead of them. Caserio needs to get his staff put together, a HC named, and a coaching staff set so they can begin the task of going over film to determine how the cap gets corrected. The time would allow the new crew to determine how many players need to be moved via trades or cuts while preparing for the draft to start the task of rebuilding this team.
Agreed, they need a HC now, because they need to start the scouting process now and they cant start that without know who the next HC is and what kind of system he wants to run. I'm thinking that 1st order of business will be finding out where DW4's head is and what Caserio is going to do with that situation. 2nd order of businees is finding a new HC. 3rd order of business is cleaning out the scouting staff (Which has been totally inept) and hiring new people for that part of the org.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

Well I think it’s obvious this is Cal’s stance and well, here we are. The other problem with this approach is that you’re showing you really don’t give a damn what your players think and you risk alienating them even further and you make Caserio’s job even harder; both in dealing with the players currently on the team that you wanna keep as wel as those who he might wanna bring in via FA as well as any you’re trying to decide on with contracts.

I just think at this point, Cal has to listen to his people about how they feel. They just don’t trust dude........for whatever reason. And in this regard he would curry favor, but that favor would come with a heavier hand in dealing with them. Zero tolerance from here on out with everybody.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
but this is where you have to be careful. Belichick spoke highly of him. Crennel worked with him here and in KC for many years. Caserio also worked with him for a long time. BoB brought him in. None of these guys have had a bad word to say about dude...or haven’t said anything about him. You would think that at a minimum a guy like Crennel could’ve warned Cal before he brought him like “hey, I wouldn’t go there if I were you”...but nothing. He also had a ton of people in that same SI article that did back him.......they were just from other organizations..

it’s definitely a weird juxtaposition and I can at least see Cal’s dilemma from a “who do you believe?” standpoint.
Good points. My only counter is his role with the other teams and organizations were different than his role with the Texans?

Even Belichick said he is not a personnel guy. So, it could simply be that he is great at being a character coach, counselor and pastor, but no one who speaks favorably about him would make him EVP of Football Operations.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Good points. My only counter is his role with the other teams and organizations were different than his role with the Texans?

Even Belichick said he is not a personnel guy. So, it could simply be that he is great at being a character coach, counselor and pastor, but no one who speaks favorably about him would make him EVP of Football Operations.
agreed, but whose to say he has or really had a whole lot to do with personnel....especially with Caserio now on board?

people gotta remember that this team has been void of a real personnel guy for over a year now and it’s was clear almost from the jump that BoB was less than ideal.

just due to having a real personnel guy in Caserio could quash a lot of the concerns about Easterby influencing things.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
i think a full sit down is in order. 1st with Cal and the players....every single 1 of them & he needs to hear their concerns from THEIR mouths. not from the $&@%-ing media, not through social media and cryptic tweets and certainly not from former players. Obviously they don’t feel comfortable enough with coming to him on their own with such matters so I think it’d be important for them to feel like they have his ear....& it’s be important for Cal to at least give them the appearance that he’s listening.

The next sit down that needs to happen is Cal with key FO people for the exact same reason.

The final meeting needs to be with Caserio and they discuss everything said. And from that, a decision needs to be made on Easterby...which I think we all know what all that feedback is likely to yield.

but after the deed is done, Cal needs to make it known internally to everyone in the organization that all the leaking....all the backstabbing and other nonsense won’t be tolerated and decisions about the direction of the team in the future will not be up for discussion or negotiations. The main thing He needs to convey is his vision for the franchise going forward and that Caserio is the guy he has chosen to see that transition thru. And if anyone has a problem with that, then they need to make it known now and/or seek employment elsewhere.
Interesting thing about AJ's comments is that his words align perfectly with the on-going dumpster fire that has been smoking on Kirby. They clearly support the narrative that has been building for months. Nothing he said undermines any of it.

That said, I believe you expect too much from Cal McNair. He will never take your excellent advice, because he's not a leader of men. I do not say this as an insult to him, but he's clearly a beta male to Bob McNair's alpha. And he appears to be a terrible judge of character when he's allowed a rather unscrupulous preacher man to have so much space in his head and power in his company (i.e. Executive Vice President, Football Operations).

I don't think he lets Easterby go. I think Cal, Jack, and Nick are on the same page, building their "culture" that appears to be more about moral litmus tests than actual competitive football traits. After watching those press conferences again, it is my belief that they will dig their heels in, and if Watson continues to dig his in, then they will trade him and set this franchise back many years. Just my perception from the outside looking in, but they are clearly not making a "winning culture" a top priority.

If you believe the SI article was nothing more than a hit piece.

Do you think it's a coincidence that all the front office upheaval and the SI article came out after Palcic was fired? I dont and IMO this is nothing more than her trying to get retribution for being fired.

The business side of the Texans org has always been stable until the firing of Palcic. Even though there have been sexual harassment charges brought on the Texans org and FO personnel and a GM got fired for HR reasons.

The on the field and football side of mgmt has been a clusterfvk of backstabbing/power grabbing/doing things to get one side or the other fired/CYA since a couple of yrs before Kubiak was fired. If Caserio can clean this up that will be the 1st step in rehabbing this franchises on the field product. That and a better scouting staff.
As has been clearly documented in the forum many times, the front office upheaval with Easterby started well before Palcic was fired. Tampering charges and fake details on the resume and Easterby's website were already in the media before she was let go.

You have provided ZERO EVIDENCE of your "hit piece" conspiracy in spite of numerous requests to do so. You continue with this baseless rhetoric regardless of growing evidence to the contrary. I guess the "liberal mainstream media" convinced Andre Johnson to participate, as well?

One thing is for certain.....no matter what capacity Cal keeps Easterby around, Easterby will have zero why the team would succeed. On the other hand.....Easterby's negative impact on the Texans players and FO will have a profound impact on the team going forward.

Cal has an opportunity to upgrade his status by letting go of Easterby for the betterment of his organization and team. Caserio immediately see's image go up with the players if he stands with Cal in justifying Easterby's release.

I just have a really hard time with the fact Cal doesn't see or feel the turbulent waters at Kirby or with his players in regards to Easterby......just don't get it!!! Unless he's got his arse locked up in his office so he can safely play with his Star Wars action figures while saying, "I'm your father Luke" into the fan on his desk. He can't be ths oblivious, or can he?
I'm reaching a point of believing that Cal lives in a bubble and has surrounded himself with "yes men". The tale of the Emperor Has No Clothes comes to mind. He's insulated himself, probably hears very little from fans and media, and as long as his corporate sponsors, PSL season ticket renewals, and shared league revenues continues to flow into his coffers, I doubt he has any sort of backbone to fix what he does not perceive as broken.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Well I think it’s obvious this is Cal’s stance and well, here we are.
Yes

The other problem with this approach is that you’re showing you really don’t give a damn what your players think and you risk alienating them even further
Exactly. You think the only way to alleviate this is to placate to the players. I don’t. McNair needs to decide if this is the moment he wants to lead or not.

I don’t think he’s getting another chance. He’s about to define who he is.

I can’t think of any owner who has kowtowed to the players & if he does, it won’t be long before Janice finds a new CEO. She’ll have no choice