Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Dameon Pierce

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Makes me feel slow, I ran a 32.0 second 40 just this past weekend. In all fairness to myself though, I did take a 25-second break after the first 30 yards to catch my breath and finish strong.

I'm starting to think I should just stop training - I might not have what it takes. Yeah, definitely donut time.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Mack before the achilles was a really good back, I'm just not convinced he's going to get back to being 80% of that guy. I'd like for him to work his way back to that level; I'm just not going to expect or plan for it to happen.
Adrian Peterson injury was worse and look at how he responded. Not saying Mack will but we shall see and hope.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Peterson was an ACL not achilles
I know that’s why I said worse. Nobody thought he would recover that fast let along win the rushing title with over 2000 yards.

Last December, Adrian Peterson suffered a serious injury, tearing both the ACL and MCL in his left knee. However, after ACL reconstruction surgery and months of physical therapy and rehab, the Vikings star made a stunning recovery in order to start the season with his team.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
That was my point
Yes. I'm on your side.
Didn’t what’s his face…Foreman, have an Achilles? It took a couple of years but I thought he looked good with the Titans last year.
a couple of years? & Foreman would qualify as nobody (imo)
I know it’s against company policy to mix sports comparisons, but the way Kevin Durant has come back from his Achilles is surprising.
I'll have to look into that

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I am thinking we got the steal of the draft at RB and it's not just homerism.
He trucks defenders and carries them for extra yards and has a great step.
I also like his patience and vision - he hits the holes with purpose. The NFL will be tougher competition but he will be too with pro style training and NFL athletes working with him.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I also like his patience and vision - he hits the holes with purpose. The NFL will be tougher competition but he will be too with pro style training and NFL athletes working with him.
And he is supposedly a willing blocker which can only help our offensive line and Davis Mills. Darn there comes that optimism again. I keep getting out and it pulls me back in.

vtech9

All Pro
And he is supposedly a willing blocker which can only help our offensive line and Davis Mills. Darn there comes that optimism again. I keep getting out and it pulls me back in.
I think you guys are starting to see what I saw in Pierce.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame

badboy

Hall of Fame
Love his feet and from those two videos he get inside opponents hands and solidly pops him. More significant to me is he does not give up once he's had a successful block but continues to stay engaged controlling the avenue opposition is trying to take. I don't recall ever having a blocker like that. He might become Davis' new best friend.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
James Robinson was undrafted and was almost 5ypc. That's why I never understood why Texans had the highest paid backfield with washed up DJ. You can get quality backs in any round. I like Pierce and his running style. One of their best draft picks. I see no reason why he shouldn't get carries early and often. No need to have them other dudes getting carries for no reason. The team kept talking about pass pro,but we witnessed DJ turning down blitzes getting the qb and the play blowned up.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
James Robinson was undrafted and was almost 5ypc. That's why I never understood why Texans had the highest paid backfield with washed up DJ. You can get quality backs in any round. I like Pierce and his running style. One of their best draft picks. I see no reason why he shouldn't get carries early and often. No need to have them other dudes getting carries for no reason. The team kept talking about pass pro,but we witnessed DJ turning down blitzes getting the qb and the play blowned up.
David Johnson quit long before he ever even got here.. Which is why Arizona wanted to get rid of him and only magnifies how historically stupid that trade was.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
We can already tell that Pierce is not that type of player.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I finally watched the video in the OP. I haven’t seen run blocking like that from a Houston team in a minute
Green should make the others around him better.
Even if our line is just 25% better, (and it should be), we will see the results in our passing and run game.
This is what the national pundits probably aren't putting into proper perspective.

michaelm

vox nihili
I finally watched the video in the OP. I haven’t seen run blocking like that from a Houston team in a minute
My comment was more about how he plays the game.
I think fans are going to like the guy. I already do.
Just watching the videos of his pass protection drills upthread tells me what kind of effort to expect.
I'm excited to watch him play. Which is not the same as me saying he's going to be a huge success.
I just think he's a likeable personality who plays the game the way I think it should be played.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
He's a 4.7 guy. He doesn't have the speed or elusiveness or quicks to be the lightening. If he did, he wouldn't be a 4th round back, he'd be a 2nd rounder. I'm not saying he can't carve out a successful career, and possibly as a lead back, but you can't turn a Chevy 3/4 ton PU into a Ferrari.
Remember….all those 40 times in shorts and t-shirts go out the window when players arrive to the field in full gear. Some players carry that full gear better than others on the field of play. I’d sure like to see 40’s ran in full gear.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Remember….all those 40 times in shorts and t-shirts go out the window when players arrive to the field in full gear. Some players carry that full gear better than others on the field of play. I’d sure like to see 40’s ran in full gear.
RBs typically don’t run a blazing 40. I guess if they could they would play WR and make more money. I wish they had a metric that accounts for decisiveness making decisions. Their vision and quick cutting ability as well as 10 yard burst are far greater predictors of success.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I might need to curb my enthusiasm.
I'm very high in this kid. Can't wait to see him play.
High energy player. Absolute spark plug for the Texans offense.
Ditto.. definitely is going to be on my FF team this year. I'm in a Coastie league (No one from anywhere near here). I can probably get this kid with a late pick 😁 I remember drafting Arian Foster with my last pick.. and going undefeated (Globetrotter v Generals style) all the way to a trophy and 2,000 dollars!!

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
This kid got some burst.

Go to the 4:03 point in video and the run he had against what looks like Penn St is ducking amazing. It essentially showcased every quality his NFL Combine write up had. Quick and go makes him look faster on the field than his straight line 40…..football speed much better than his Combine speed. Look forward to seeing him in the backfield this season.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Spiller has had his own set of problems. His recent injuries have not been well reported............toe, ankle, hamstring and abdominal tear........the last 2 were responsible for his poor showing at the combine. Besides this, his fumbilitis is a definite concern.
Not well reported at all, knew nothing about them. Do any of those injuries linger/career threatening or just red flags that he maybe injury prone?