Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston, Cory Littleton

76Texan

Hall of Fame
As I watch his game, particularly with the Rams, the guy is best at playing downfield.

After making his mark by blocking two punts in 2017, he continued it with another two block punts early in 2018.

In fact, he was one the reason the Rams started out 8-0.

He would make a couple of plays in each of those eight games.

Besides blocking two punts, he also recorded a few INTs, jump into the QB's passing lane to deflect a few passes or just make him get rid of the ball earlier than he wanted to.

In another word, Littleton is best used downhill, close to the LOS, as a weakside LB (mainly taking care of the RB).

He's not great at shredding blocks.
He doesn't have great intuitive where the play may go.
He doesn't have great lateral quickness.

Despite all that, his miss tackle percentage is still better than any LB the Texans currently have (including the time with the Raiders and the Panthers); but the Texans LB corp hasn't been any good.

The good thing is that DR had seen him play fairly often; he should know what Littleton is good at and use him accordingly.

There's at least one reason why he went undrafted, if not many.

You do not want him in coverage against TE. He's not physical enough and his lateral quickness/reaction prowess is lacking.

His initial burst is great (which lead to his many blocked punts).

He's definitely a guy that needs to be used as a downfield weapon.

He could watch the RB and attack when he sees the guy staying back to block, or when you send him on a blitz.

In summary, he's best used in a downfield attacking mode.

I hope that was why DR targeted him.

Number19

Hall of Fame
As I watch his game, particularly with the Rams, the guy is best at playing downfield.

After making his mark by blocking two punts in 2017, he continued it with another two block punts early in 2018.

In fact, he was one the reason the Rams started out 8-0.

He would make a couple of plays in each of those eight games.

Besides blocking two punts, he also recorded a few INTs, jump into the QB's passing lane to deflect a few passes or just make him get rid of the ball earlier than he wanted to.

In another word, Littleton is best used downhill, close to the LOS, as a weakside LB (mainly taking care of the RB).

He's not great at shredding blocks.
He doesn't have great intuitive where the play may go.
He doesn't have great lateral quickness.

Despite all that, his miss tackle percentage is still better than any LB the Texans currently have (including the time with the Raiders and the Panthers); but the Texans LB corp hasn't been any good.

The good thing is that DR had seen him play fairly often; he should know what Littleton is good at and use him accordingly.

There's at least one reason why he went undrafted, if not many.

You do not want him in coverage against TE. He's not physical enough and his lateral quickness/reaction prowess is lacking.

His initial burst is great (which lead to his many blocked punts).

He's definitely a guy that needs to be used as a downfield weapon.

He could watch the RB and attack when he sees the guy staying back to block, or when you send him on a blitz.

In summary, he's best used in a downfield attacking mode.

I hope that was why DR targeted him.
Thanks, great analysis.

Khelar

Rookie
They were looking at Perryman as a run stopping thumper. I'm assuming the math didn't work there?

Seems like Littleton is a situational LB and special teams player.
I’m guessing it was a medical thing, Perryman was coming off missing a lot of time last year and I doubt he would have been any more expensive than Littleton

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
They were looking at Perryman as a run stopping thumper. I'm assuming the math didn't work there?

Seems like Littleton is a situational LB and special teams player.
I think they would fulfill different roles in the defense. They may revisit Perryman if they don’t fill that need in the draft and he has another month to be medically cleared. And if he is not already signed of course.

Texian

Hall of Fame
I could see Caserio going out of his way to make @Texian look bad. But what did @Mr teX ever do to him? Just so wrong.
I would love to go out to dinner with Nick for a nice BBQ plate, or a juicy Ribeye, or some good Mexican food, and a couple of cold beers but I don't think Nick partakes in such a diet, so I guess dinner would be out.