Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Chris Moore WR

are these actual FA’s or players that have been released from their contracts??? Like JJ.

There is a two day legal tampering period from March 15 to March 17. The contracts are agreed upon. They are not binding until the March 17. One of the parties could change their mind but this rarely happens (no more than a couple times a year I believe)

Last edited:
The Texans have always been active in FA... they just weren't getting the players SteelB wanted.

They really haven't changed this yr either. They've been cheap.

Difference is I dont have a problem with them being cheap during a rebuild. What I dont like is when the team is 4 or 5 players away from being a contender not being players in FA. I could say that not being players in FA last yr is why the defense sucked and for that BOB was rightfully fired. The question is when the time comes in a couple of yrs will the Cuck let Caserio spend the $$$$ for top tier FA's to make the team a true contender?

History says it wont happen. Of course hopefully Caserio wasn't paid 30 mil unless he's going to be able to spend the $$$$ to put a contender on the field.

BTW, it doesn't take a genius to know that Earl Thomas is a better FA than Eric Murray for example. I guess I've been proven correct in my assessment of the Texans FA moves before this yr.

They really haven't changed this yr either. They've been cheap.

Difference is I dont have a problem with them being cheap during a rebuild. What I dont like is when the team is 4 or 5 players away from being a contender not being players in FA. I could say that not being players in FA last yr is why the defense sucked and for that BOB was rightfully fired. The question is when the time comes in a couple of yrs will the Cuck let Caserio spend the $$$$ for top tier FA's to make the team a true contender?

History says it wont happen. Of course hopefully Caserio wasn't paid 30 mil unless he's going to be able to spend the $$$$ to put a contender on the field.

BTW, it doesn't take a genius to know that Earl Thomas is a better FA than Eric Murray for example. I guess I've been proven correct in my assessment of the Texans FA moves before this yr.

Earl Thomas was cut in the preseason last year, and is STILL a free agent. Not the best example to pat your back with.

Emmanuel Sanders seems like a better deal at a mere 6M

Brissett may have been a better alternative at $5M

Even though I think this is a fair deal, the kid from the Broncos would bring more upside with his youth.
A John Ross' signing would likely have brought more excitement.

Even if we were interested in these guys, there's 31 other teams out there trying to get free agents and not everyone is going to sign with the Texans.

Even if we were interested in these guys, there's 31 other teams out there trying to get free agents and not everyone is going to sign with the Texans.
Sure, but a 10% better offer in these instances would still cost the Texans much less than what they offered the other guys.

Earl Thomas was cut in the preseason last year, and is STILL a free agent. Not the best example to pat your back with.

Not because of talent. But I get your point? Do you get mine? I certainly wasn't patting myself on the back, I was just pointing out how the Texans since their inception have been a combination of a poor judge of talent/cheap.

I could actually see Caserio adding Thomas now that the locker room lawyers will be cleaned out.

Back