Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Austin Deculus

I like this pick, from a big school with lots of games played, & nice hair! lol
Great hair, if he's auditioning for a Metallica cover band.

Here's a photo of Austin when he was an all-district lineman at Cy Fair in 2014.

images

Austin was at LSU long enough to get his PhD in Motorcycle Maintenance.

I really like this pick. Austin Deculus has similar size traits as RT- Andrew Stueber (MI). Austin is 6-5 @ 321 lbs. Arm length is 34 3/8” and his hands are 9 1/4”. Stueber’s hands are about an inch longer. Biggest difference Deculus hasn’t missed many games, maybe 2, during his LSU career and was the starting RT for the LSU Championship team. Solid pick.

Sure wouldn’t break my heart if Stueber goes un-drafted and Caserio finds a way to get him signed. Stueber has played both RT and RG. That would be a couple of massive humans on the Texans forever weak side of the line.

For reference, Stueber is 6-7 @ 325 lbs with 34 1/8” arms and 10” hands. Both players are known for being tough run blockers.

Here's a typical Sunday afternoon in Deculus' hometown of Mamou, LA. Forum rules do not allow me to post what happens to the chicken once it's caught.

6190429a2cbe09acab7d7e025c62704e.jpg
Cant be Mamou unless those nutria are wearing chicken costumes. Wonder what kind of extracurricular activity the dude in green with the spurs has in mind.

Injury history is insignificant. Had a low ankle sprain in 2019 and missed only 2 games. His history of 3 broken fingers, each in separate incidences makes me question his hand placement. :hides:

As long as his fingers ain’t getting broke where our old Qb would like them then I really don’t care. , maybe he likes to poke through his opponents facemask once in a while to wake him up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really like this pick. Austin Deculus has similar size traits as RT- Andrew Stueber (MI). Austin is 6-5 @ 321 lbs. Arm length is 34 3/8” and his hands are 9 1/4”. Stueber’s hands are about an inch longer. Biggest difference Deculus hasn’t missed many games, maybe 2, during his LSU career and was the starting RT for the LSU Championship team. Solid pick.

Sure wouldn’t break my heart if Stueber goes un-drafted and Caserio finds a way to get him signed. Stueber has played both RT and RG. That would be a couple of massive humans on the Texans forever weak side of the line.

For reference, Stueber is 6-7 @ 325 lbs with 34 1/8” arms and 10” hands. Both players are known for being tough run blockers.

The Patriots selected Stueber in RD7. Okay Caserio….let Billy do some developing and if they try to hide him on their Practice Squad, just sweep in and take him out from under their noses.

I’m guessing? He fell to this point for some reason. Mobility

im trying to figure out why 205? Seems for a lack of athleticism is all that I could find. He was flagged as a backup.
Here's what I found:
Does not have standout talent or dominating skill set;
Heavy feet and stiff ankles
Movement limitations
Plays too slow
Lacks agility and easy bend
Too many losses against speed
Is just big enough and just powerful enough to hide significant agility issues.

The Patriots selected Stueber in RD7. Okay Caserio….let Billy do some developing and if they try to hide him on their Practice Squad, just sweep in and take him out from under their noses.
There's an idea - draft all the bad ones down low so they don't poach yours, but you can poach the ones you really wanted!
Who said he was just a file clerk?

Back