Support and keep Texans Talk going. Make a donation here.

Welcome to H-Town Jarrett Patterson

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Texans are addressing the trenches in this draft! Surprised at the player selection. Successful team captain starting 46 games at center and guard for Notre Dame. But scouting reports seem to suggest he’d be a better fit in a gap scheme like we ran last season. But I am happy they are double dipping on the interior OL adding much needed competition and depth to protect the shiny new franchise QB. He has a good chance of making the team which is going to be tough to do at this point in the draft for any of these prospects now that the Texans have improved their roster.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Him and Scruggs will be competing with Dieter for the Center job. Good competition breeds better players.
Deiter is a dark horse. Former 3rd round pick, All American and Big Ten OL of the year that lost his starting job in Miami due to injury. I expect him to make the team. Whether he is a starter or quality depth remains to be seen.

And of course Quessenberry has a year of starting experience under his belt now along with a change to a more favorable scheme for his talents. Though him and Morrisey may still be hard pressed to make the team.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Has dealt with a number of injuries in his college career. In 2020, he suffered a Lisfranc which did not require surgery. In 2021, he suffered a pectoral rupture while weight lifting which required surgery. Last year in preseason, he suffered a turf toe. His injury history is a significant factor in his sliding in the Draft.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Deiter is a dark horse. Former 3rd round pick, All American and Big Ten OL of the year that lost his starting job in Miami due to injury. I expect him to make the team. Whether he is a starter or quality depth remains to be seen.

And of course Quessenberry has a year of starting experience under his belt now along with a change to a more favorable scheme for his talents. Though him and Morrisey may still be hard pressed to make the team.
I don't have much hope for Quessenberry to miraculously change in the WCO..............he will still be overpowered and his poor footwork will be further exposed.

badboy

Hall of Fame

You might click on Fisher in article. Former left tackle who was unjured then moved to right tackle due to Alt's success at left.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Has dealt with a number of injuries in his college career. In 2020, he suffered a Lisfranc which did not require surgery. In 2021, he suffered a pectoral rupture while weight lifting which required surgery. Last year in preseason, he suffered a turf toe. His injury history is a significant factor in his sliding in the Draft.
I saw that also. I like the ability to play across the line at any position. Not a bad pick, just hope that his injury history is behind him. Great back up for every OL position and if he stays healthy...he has the ability to become a starter at some point. Just my opinion and the injuries are a concern

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Silly of me, but i am concerned about the turf toe.
Turf toe is at times a nagging and reoccurring injury. So, being careful about how it is treated and literally the way they tape or wrap the ankle and foot before a game can honestly help or hinder continued issues. To fully understand what turf toe is and how to treat it and maybe prevent it. I posted an article below

badboy

Hall of Fame
Turf toe is at times a nagging and reoccurring injury. So, being careful about how it is treated and literally the way they tape or wrap the ankle and foot before a game can honestly help or hinder continued issues. To fully understand what turf toe is and how to treat it and maybe prevent it. I posted an article below

Yeah Doc has addressed this often over the years.