Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome Rex Burkhead RB

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Looking up Burkhead’s contract he is getting 1 year 1.5 million this season with a mere 125k guaranteed at signing. Way south of 2 million.

I’m going off what I thought Stoerner said

Dejaview

All Pro
The Texans now have 3 of the top 30 highest paid RBs and 5 in the top 50.

They'd better deliver.
True, but that list drops off pretty quick After the first couple of dozen or less.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Well all 3 total come to less than the top 7 paid RBs... Which is a pretty significant change compared to say having 3 of the top 30 QB or OT salaries.
Still... I’m thinking there are 32 teams in the NFL. So, presumably 32 “starters” & having 3 of the top 30 salaries... somethings just doesn’t seem right.

5 of the top 50. Strange.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
How do you project the Texans' running game will fare within just the division?
First, second, third ?
Titans obviously #1 as long as Henry stays healthy. But if he gets hurt they drop down to 4th and they’ll have to rely on Tannehill and passing game due to no depth behind him.

Colts #2 especially if Marlon Mack can make a return from achilles tear (tough injury to come back from.

Jags/Texans battling it out for 3rd best running game. I’d lean Jags here due to youth. Robinson is a stud, Etienne a 1st round pick and Hyde as the 3rd RB isn’t bad. That being said, I think Jags should have gone elsewhere with their 1st instead of Etienne with Robinson already in fold. I am not a fan of taking RBs in 1st round. Too disposable.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Titans obviously #1 as long as Henry stays healthy. But if he gets hurt they drop down to 4th and they’ll have to rely on Tannehill and passing game due to no depth behind him.

Colts #2 especially if Marlon Mack can make a return from achilles tear (tough injury to come back from.

Jags/Texans battling it out for 3rd best running game. I’d lean Jags here due to youth. Robinson is a stud, Etienne a 1st round pick and Hyde as the 3rd RB isn’t bad. That being said, I think Jags should have gone elsewhere with their 1st instead of Etienne with Robinson already in fold. I am not a fan of taking RBs in 1st round. Too disposable.
Lots of resources spent on the line and the backs to compete for third place, don't you think?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Lots of resources spent on the line and the backs to compete for third place, don't you think?
What would you rather them invested in? All of the RB's are on 1 yr deals so that's not a big deal.

As well as the OL Caserio added and yes protecting the young QB by adding quality OL is kinda important. Unless you enjoyed seeing what happened to Carr/The Pervert.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
AFC South happens to be a division where every team has invested in OL/running game. Not all teams took same approach. And yes i’d rather spend resources on OL and RBs given the Texans options this offseason in FA/draft capital.
True, but I would think the Texans should be able to give the second place a run for the money, seeing it as their strength - supposedly.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
True, but I would think the Texans should be able to give the second place a run for the money, seeing it as their strength - supposedly.
Titans were 2nd in the league in rushing last season, Colts 11th. 8 divisions 32 teams... you’re creating a criticism out of nothing. There are enough reasons to be complaining about the Texans without fabricating reasons to complain.

Steelers spent a 1st round pick on a RB and are still going to be “battling for 3rd within their division” in this area.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Titans were 2nd in the league in rushing last season, Colts 11th. 8 divisions 32 teams... you’re creating a criticism out of nothing. There are enough reasons to be complaining about the Texans without fabricating reasons to complain.

Steelers spent a 1st round pick on a RB and are still going to be “battling for 3rd within their division” in this area.
Where did I complain?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
They didn't last yr,

They wont next yr.

I think Campen is a huge upgrade. How did the Texans beat the Jags twice last yr?

All the other teams have relatively young studs at running back and don't have the Texans fortune of major draft picks lost in trades. This team could give 2nd place rushing in the division a run for the money but I wouldn't declare the running game the strength of Texans regardless of the resources until we see the product on the field.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
All the other teams have relatively young studs at running back and don't have the Texans fortune of major draft picks lost in trades. This team could give 2nd place rushing in the division a run for the money but I wouldn't declare the running game the strength of Texans regardless of the resources until we see the product on the field.
Tunsil are the high picks for the Texans this year.

That’s the cost of going with veteran RBs over rookie contract players. Team sure could use another UDFA like Foster (or even James Robinson last season).
Is Scottie Phillips still a part of our team? He must have had some promise or he wouldn't have been placed on the practice squad. If he is still a Texan why are we writing him off or not looking at him as a potential threat to make the rotation?

Last edited:

banned1976

sleeper mode
Is Scottie Phillips still a part of our team? He must have had some promise or he wouldn't have been placed on the practice squad. If he is still a Texan why are we writing him off or not looking at him as a potential threat to make the rotation?
Because he's not 30 years old yet. Give him another 7 years.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
It would be a nice surprise if he beats out one of the vets. Guess we’ll see in preseason. But i’d bet on Burkhead if he makes a full recovery.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
22 carries 149 yards 2 TDs

With a long of 36 yards
Running behind a mikeshift OL with 4 starters out plus Tunsil on IR.
How bad does your run D gotta be to allow that under those circumstances? Nice to see the Texans were able to take advantage. On the other side, the Chargers did not take advantage of running it against a bad Texans run D. Just 11 carries for Jackson.