Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome Cam Johnston P Eagles

76Texan

Hall of Fame
He's an OK punter.
Maybe above average, taking everything into consideration: ball placement, hang time, distance...

Texian

Hall of Fame
So let me see if I can get this straight. Caserio cuts Anger encounters $833K in dead money. Signs Cap Johnson for what he was paying Anger. Anger has a 10% better rating as a punter according to PFF. Now would you please turn to the hymn on page 283.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
So let me see if I can get this straight. Caserio cuts Anger encounters $833K in dead money. Signs Cap Johnson for what he was paying Anger. Anger has a 10% better rating as a punter according to PFF. Now would you please turn to the hymn on page 283.
Yeah, I'm not sure about it here.
Johnston's 3-yr contract is a hair lower than what the Texans would be paying Anger, the dead money aside.
The only thing that makes sense is if they view this as an upgrade.
Or maybe they think the quad injury (or something) that Anger suffered last year will hinder his future performance???

Texian

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'm not sure about it here.
Johnston's 3-yr contract is a hair lower than what the Texans would be paying Anger, the dead money aside.
The only thing that makes sense is if they view this as an upgrade.
Or maybe they think the quad injury (or something) that Anger suffered last year will hinder his future performance???
Or Easterby thought they could upgrade the choir.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I dont like this move.

This is for you saying that I like everything Caserio does.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Just admit you dont like anything to do with Foxboro.
History is on my side. PFF rates NE as one the worst drafting teams over the last 5 years. This was Caserio's wheel house, he ran it. Next to the Grand Poobah, Nick was the head man in charge. NE free agency binge this year does not speak well for Nick. To bad you decided to make your bed with Nick so early on. From what I have seen so far, the Caserio Texans are going to be a lot like the Pioli Chiefs.

Last edited:

Mangler

Toro de España
History is on my side. PFF rates NE as one the worst drafting teams over the last 5 years. This was Caserio's wheel house, he ran it. Next to the Grand Poobah, Nick was the head man in charge. NE free agency binge this year does not speak well for Nick. To bad you decided to make your bed with Nick so early on. From what I have seen so far, the Caserio Texans are going to be a lot like the Pioli Chiefs.
Funny because while NE never really made splash signings, they always had players that fit their scheme to dang near perfection. Just because players that left didn’t work out with their new teams doesn’t mean NE didn’t draft well, or didn’t know what they were doing. Caserio helped build those super bowl teams, and last year wasn’t good because of all their opt-outs. But the blind haters will never acknowledge that small yet very important detail.

Texian

Hall of Fame

CORRECTION: It's beginning to look like the Caserio Texans are going to be worse than the Pioli Chiefs.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Funny because while NE never really made splash signings, they always had players that fit their scheme to dang near perfection. Just because players that left didn’t work out with their new teams doesn’t mean NE didn’t draft well, or didn’t know what they were doing. Caserio helped build those super bowl teams, and last year wasn’t good because of all their opt-outs. But the blind haters will never acknowledge that small yet very important detail.
Doesn't this mean that BB was able to work with less?
If so, the drafts weren't good to begin with.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Patriots were drafting at the end of the rounds because 3 Super Bowl appearances with 2 wins in those 5 years.

All those players drafted contributed to that success. To say those drafts are a failure is more of a failure of common sense. You are talking about players like Garrapolo, White,Jacoby Brissett, Sony Michel, Malcom Brown, Trey Flowers.

2016 they didn’t have a first round pick and in 2017 they didn’t pick until the third round.

Isn’t Belicheck the guy running things down there anyway? Isn’t he the GM?

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I’d say their drafts were as good as they can get since they’ve either had zero draft picks in the first or second round for years due to the NFL penalizing them, or always having late picks when they could draft in the early rounds.
Not really, they only lost a first Rd pick in 2016.
And I had gone over all of their picks since then.
The record wasn't bad; it's just mediocre.

Graded by one of their fans.
C-
Another fan gave it a C+
So overall, a C (mediocre)

That's pretty much what I've seen since then.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
To say Brady left for a better team is to not know the whole picture. There was bad blood between him, Belicheck, and Kraft. He wanted to get paid and also add to his legacy.

After this Super Bowl it is evident Belicheck built the dynasty but Brady made it a dynasty.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I haven't made my bed with Caserio.

I'm just willing to wait and see what he does with the DW4 situation, how he drafts with a full compliment of draft picks and 2 yrs from now how the cap looks/what FA's he adds to the team at that time. Now is much to early to call what Caserio has done a failure. IMHO

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

Mangler

Toro de España

TexansBull

Hall of Fame

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Sign me up for a guy that drafts poorly but still manages to win Super Bowls. Especially when they are working with less draft capital.
BB and Brady aren't here.

The Boston TV Sport Section rated 2016 and 2017 as two of the worst drafts for BB.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
BB and Brady aren't here.

The Boston TV Sport Section rated 2016 and 2017 as two of the worst drafts for BB.

2016 they didn’t have a first round selection and 2017 they didn’t select until the 3rd. Compared to other drafts - yea they would be bad.

But somehow they still managed to win a Super Bowl.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
None of BB's top 5 drafts occured in recent time.

Baltimore, Cleveland, San Francisco, Indianapolis and even NY Giants have had better drafts the last 5 years. Hell, even Houston has done better. I guess we should have kept OB.

(For the record I wanted Dorsey.)

But is it about drafting or winning the last game of the year? For me it’s the later.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Baltimore, Cleveland, San Francisco, Indianapolis and even NY Giants have had better drafts the last 5 years. Hell, even Houston has done better. I guess we should have kept OB.

(For the record I wanted Dorsey.)

But is it about drafting or winning the last game of the year? For me it’s the later.

You may want to re-read that article carefully.
It's saying what I've been saying.

Mangler

Toro de España
None of BB's top 5 drafts occured in recent time.

But you know what DID happen in recent time? 3 Super Bowls in which Caserio had a hand in.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
You may want to re-read that article carefully.
It's saying what I've been saying.
From the article:

“If you look at the top teams on this list, you see a lot of well-run organizations with a lot of stability: Seattle, Green Bay, Dallas, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Baltimore, Kansas City, New England. It seems like Dallas has done a great job of drafting, but they haven't really had the success these other teams had. Maybe their coaching wasn't that good? We can also see how badly New England has drafted in the last three years. It doesn't look quite as bad as the raw numbers, but it's still very bad, easily the worst in that time. But over the last five years, they are right about at average, so maybe things aren't that bad?”

It’s what I said. Average draft and Super Bowl wins. What is wrong with that?

Reading is hard I know.