Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 9 @ the Fish

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
How much of it is Culley and how much of it is the Texans severe lack of talent?
Talent is definitely an issue seeing as how they signed a hodgepodge of backups and special teamers this past offseason, but considering the man has no clue what the **** he’s talking about, I’d say he’s a big part of it. But then the Texans didn’t want a coach to come in here to win football games, which is the only reason this man, who’s never been more than a position coach in 27 years, was brought here.

There’s no way to win in the NFL if you turn the ball over 4 times? Even though the team that just beat you turned it over 5 times? Wow!

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
How much of it is Culley and how much of it is the Texans severe lack of talent?
Does it matter? You're not winning with either.
In our next game hopefully we can give TT5 a fair evaluation.
Taylor is an 11 year vet. What more do you need to know?

TT5? Does a bottom feeder QB deserve a peppy mnemonic? Did we call Osweiler BO17? I guess we could have. He stunk 17 times over.

Number19

Hall of Fame
If they were prepared for this and the players couldn't execute, then there should have been some cuts Monday morning and a quest to find players that can execute.

After seeing his comments about DJ after the Rams game, where DJ was unwilling to step up and take on a biltzer, yet Culley said DJ was doing a good job, tells me Culleys full of it and there's no accountability. This seems to be a staple of the Texans org
Haven't coaches traditionally not spoken negatively about players in public? Yet doesn't the NFL require these press conferences? So you get coach speech. The accountability should take place behind closed doors. I don't know what the NFL rules are, but perhaps it would be better if coaches just refused to answer (some) questions.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Haven't coaches traditionally not spoken negatively about players in public? Yet doesn't the NFL require these press conferences? So you get coach speech. The accountability should take place behind closed doors. I don't know what the NFL rules are, but perhaps it would be better if coaches just refused to answer (some) questions.
If DJ makes a business decision not to block a blitzing S, then a HC can say the right things then after the PC cut his azz. You cant have guys like this on the team. It's not like he made a mental mistake. He chose to avoid contact which is a cuttable offense. IMHO

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
If they were prepared for this and the players couldn't execute, then there should have been some cuts Monday morning and a quest to find players that can execute.

After seeing his comments about DJ after the Rams game, where DJ was unwilling to step up and take on a biltzer, yet Culley said DJ was doing a good job, tells me Culleys full of it and there's no accountability. This seems to be a staple of the Texans org
Ah, I see you catching the light now. DJ is on this team because of 1 person.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Mills looked a whole lot better against the Rams than Taylor did against a terrible Dolphins team. Just sayin'. All the other reasons to start Mills over TT has already been stated.

After calling signing Taylor the best move Caserio had this offseason and stating I would have drafted a different position over Mills, even I'm saying now that there's absolutely no reason to start Taylor again this season. And it's not even about draft position. I honestly don't think Taylor gives the Texans a better chance at winning another game this year than Mills.
Well the head coach has named Tyrod the starter after the biweek against the Titans.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
TT5 struggled against the Dolphins but he was coming off of a long period of time injured and not playing quarterback for our team. Besides that, from what I have read TT5 had little to no protection against the Dolphins defense and they are another sucky team.

In our next game hopefully we can give TT5 a fair evaluation. The Titans are way better than our team is so judging his play won't be easy.
What makes you think Tyrod is going to have better protection against the Titans? The protection is what it is at this point in the year and it will suck for whoever plays QB.

Number19

Hall of Fame
If DJ makes a business decision not to block a blitzing S, then a HC can say the right things then after the PC cut his azz. You cant have guys like this on the team. It's not like he made a mental mistake. He chose to avoid contact which is a cuttable offense. IMHO
You veered away from my comment but I certainly agree that players should be disciplined, or even cut, for something of this nature.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Talent is definitely an issue seeing as how they signed a hodgepodge of backups and special teamers this past offseason, but considering the man has no clue what the **** he’s talking about, I’d say he’s a big part of it. But then the Texans didn’t want a coach to come in here to win football games, which is the only reason this man, who’s never been more than a position coach in 27 years, was brought here.

There’s no way to win in the NFL if you turn the ball over 4 times? Even though the team that just beat you turned it over 5 times? Wow!
He could have just stopped after “We got no chance to win a football game”.

What makes you think Tyrod is going to have better protection against the Titans? The protection is what it is at this point in the year and it will suck for whoever plays QB.
I thought there were at least three OL injured and missing from the game last Sunday. With the bye week I figured there would be time for the OL to at least have some improvement. If I am wrong than I am sorry. I haven't been able to watch any games outside of the first game that we won and the game against the Browns where TT5 ended up injured and out for a long time.

Regardless, I trust TT5 more than I do DM10 when it comes to dealing with bad protection.

Does it matter? You're not winning with either.

Taylor is an 11 year vet. What more do you need to know?

TT5? Does a bottom feeder QB deserve a peppy mnemonic? Did we call Osweiler BO17? I guess we could have. He stunk 17 times over.
Nitpick much? It is just a convenient way of not having to spell out their names every time. Their names could come up many times and it is just easier to use the peppy mnemonic as you call it. I suppose I could have left out their jersey numbers if that bothers you and others too much.

As far as Qb talent goes and whether I use the peppy mnemoics, I don't think it matters if they are bottom feeder Qb's or super stars. Long before posting in the way I do, others have done it. I am not alone in that regard.

With that said, prior to the injury to Tyrod Taylor, he was playing pretty good. Not all time great but good enough to see that he is a better Qb than Davis Mills, and better than he appeared to be right after coming back from a long drawn out injury. I am for giving Tyrod Taylor a fair chance. He gives us a better chance to win games and it is doubtful anybody, "coaches, staff and players want to throw in the towell," so with that said, Tyrod Taylor should start as many games as his overall performance permits. Many of you may feel we should lose out but I doubt our team feels that way. They most likely will try thier darndest to win every game they play.

I don't expect our team to do much better in the win column under Tyrod Taylor than we did under Davis Mills, but I do think Tyrod Taylor is the best Qb on the team and he atleast allows us to be more competitive. For me competive is not a total wins thing or about covering point spreads, it is about being in games right down to the the last moments of the time clock.

Davis Mills got plenty of burn and experience in my opinion and I am for giving him every chance to be our starting Qb next season. I don't expect much improvement but that is most likely just me. We shall see next season how things turn out.

Last edited:

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I don't expect our team to do much better in the win column under Tyrod Taylor than we did under Davis Mills, but I do think Tyrod Taylor is the best Qb on the team and he atleast allows us to be more competitive.
There's nothing to be gained from playing Taylor over Mills at this point in the season. Nothing. Competitive is challenging for a playoff spot. Not trying to stay within the point spread.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I thought there were at least three OL injured and missing from the game last Sunday. With the bye week I figured there would be time for the OL to at least have some improvement. If I am wrong than I am sorry. I haven't been able to watch any games outside of the first game that we won and the game against the Browns where TT5 ended up injured and out for a long time.

Regardless, I trust TT5 more than I do DM10 when it comes to dealing with bad protection.
…..last week should’ve created some trust issues.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I wanted Andre Roberts out the day he jumped over the pile created from his fumble. That guy was nothing but business decisions and it took them another 4 games to see it?? I agree, I want talented guys for sure, but they have to be all in on effort and not just about money and years

…..last week should’ve created some trust issues.
A piss poor performance coming off a long period of time rehabing hardly gives me any trust issues.

From many of y'alls perspective a Qb like the Buffalo Bills Josh Allen should've created trust issues for their fans based on his poor peformance last Sunday. He did not come off of a long term injury yet he did not play very well! He also was playing one of the worst teams in the NFL. Do you think Bills fans should overreact to his struggles last Sunday?

Last edited:

House of Pain

Wild Speculator
No... if anything, just shows that the Texans are the "get well" team for many teams in the league. I bet the Ravens would have smashed the Dolphins if they played us the week before.
I went to the University of Texas, so if the Texans aren't making me feel that way, I can depend on the Horns to get the job done. Feel good wins for all...on us!