Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 9 @ the Fish

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Wow I’ve never seen crap like this before. Tripped by his running backs foot.
Oh come on. I know you've seen sports comedies before.

It's like the loveable band of misfits that get together as underdogs. Nobody believes in them..... and they go all the way earning the respect of the world.

This one just lacks the "happy ending" unless you're DW and even that only gets him in more trouble.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
I be darned. George Godsey is Miami’s OC. That explains a lot
but imagine this, you’re a Dolphins fan. They bring in Flores, then Godsey, Mancz, Brennan Scarlet, & Will Fuller. Wouldn’t that upset you?

Then imagine you’re a Texans fan & that team is whipping your butt with their backup QB.
LMAO. All these ties and relationships to the Patriots and both teams plays like a petri dish of bacterial culture.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
i deserve that.

but imagine this, you’re a Dolphins fan. They bring in Flores, then Godsey, Mancz, Brennan Scarlet, & Will Fuller. Wouldn’t that upset you?

Then imagine you’re a Texans fan & that team is whipping your butt with their backup QB.
you don't deserve it, that's the problem.. none of us deserve this ****.. We have battered sports fan syndrome.. Still all we're doing is spinning our flat tire in a Texas moon pie with Tyrod Taylor.. We can suck with much younger people.. actually better people age aside..

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Based on your experience. Are you surprised a guy coming off a hamstring injury would be inaccurate or not using his legs to step into his throws would lead to accuracy problems?
Possible residual or restrain of hamstring, or just guarding his hamstring which would limit mobility, coordination and encourage hesitancy due to fear of re-injury.............or it could plainly be poor play.

Texansballer74

The Marine
If they cant beat the Phins with Tyrod

They should make the rest of the season about finding out if Mills is the future at QB.
They’ve already done that and it wasn’t pretty. Especially before the garbage time points they got in the 4th of the previous game before this one. They couldn’t even get past the 50 yard line. So they really need to find another stop gap quarterback until 2023.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
They’ve already done that and it wasn’t pretty. Especially before the garbage time points they got in the 4th of the previous game before this one. They couldn’t even get past the 50 yard line. So they really need to find another stop gap quarterback until 2023.
Tell me what would it hurt?

They're going to lose anyways.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Nothing just like it won’t hurt standing Pat with Tyrod
At this juncture and based on this performance, I’d let Mills start and Tyrod be there as QB2. I’d still re-sign Taylor, if he’d like to stay with the Texans as QB2 and be Mills mentor. If Mills doesn’t make the much needed strides in 2022….then the Texans should be in a position to look for a QB in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
At this juncture and based on this performance, I’d let Mills start and Tyrod be there as QB2. I’d still re-sign Taylor, if he’d like to stay with the Texans as QB2 and be Mills mentor. If Mills doesn’t make the much needed strides in 2022….then the Texans should be in a position to look for a QB in the 2023 NFL Draft.
You gotta give the vet a chance to redeem himself. He had a bad game just like Allen, Prescott and several others. He’s been sidelined because of an injury for 6 weeks. Mills on the other hand couldn’t get this offense past the 50 yards line for almost 3-4 games straight.

Last edited:

banned1976

sleeper mode
I think we are the worst of the bad teams. I am so glad I couldn't watch this game. I haven't been able to watch but two Texans games this season. The one against the Jags and the other against the Browns. I take it that I ain't missing much.
I haven't seen many of their games this season either. I didn't see this one. I'd be disappointed about that if the team was comprised of a bunch of young guys just earning their stripes. But this can't be said enough, this is a team full of veterans. It was the second oldest team in the NFL to start the season and I guess they still are.

They are sub-basement-level of a rebuild.

OptimisticTexan

You gotta give the vet a chance redeem himself. He had a bad game just like Allen, Prescott and several others. He’s been sidelined because of an injury for 6 weeks. Mills on the other hand couldn’t get this offense past the 50 yards line for almost 3-4 games straight.
To be fair, those were some very tough NFL defenses Mills faced. Mills never faced the Jags or Dolphins. Mills is still a RD3 QB who entered the draft a season or two early. If the Texans focus on the rebuild and let this guy play or develop, I think he’ll reward the team when it counts most.

banned1976

sleeper mode
To be fair, those were some very tough NFL defenses Mills faced. Mills never faced the Jags or Dolphins. Mills is still a RD3 QB who entered the draft a season or two early. If the Texans focus on the rebuild and let this guy play or develop, I think he’ll reward the team when it counts most.
Excellent point, and I am by no means a Mills fan.

"Give the vet a chance to redeem himself" doesn't seem like a good enough reason to start Taylor one more time in this lost season. Giving the few young players on this team reps seems to be the more prudent direction. Mills is guaranteed to be here next year. Taylor is not. Besides that, giving the vet a chance to get healthy and stay healthy would be better for Taylor's future than sticking him behind this line.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Taylor got to play behind the injury riddled OL missing 3 starters with another benched for being even worse than the backups playing due to injury. Good to see as a reference for what Mills has been dealing with last couple games.

Hopefully Tunsil makes it back after the bye and Morrisey proves he can make progress and be a plus player with more opportunity. Not sure if Britt will be making it back anytime soon from IR. Would like to see more improvement from Heck. He’s the guy at RT the rest of this year. Would like to see him show everyone he should be the RT going into next season.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I’d still re-sign Taylor, if he’d like to stay with the Texans as QB2 and be Mills mentor.
He looked pretty bad against a pretty bad team. Bye is coming up. I’d let him start against Tennessee, but if he plays as bad as he did today, bench worthy, I’d bench him never look back.

if I can’t honestly say, “he gives us the best chance to win” I have no use for him.

I’d bring in guys to lift the level of play. Gardner Minshew or somebody like that.

OptimisticTexan

Watching the Texans offense failing to handle Cover 0 blitzes and constantly allowing pressure from DB blitzes off the corner. Is it scheme related or posters still think it's dumb QBs not recognizing the blitz, hitting hot routes and making the correct protection calls?
Earl34, it’s been the same issues plaguing this team since 2012…..the refusal to address the OL with quality coaching and draft picks. Include the piss-poor running game over the same period of time and refusal to make finding a solid RB via FA or the draft a high priority. Texans have mastered the art of drafting or signing TE’s that can’t seem to be a factor or block which has become their primary assignments in light of the OL not being able to block.

This has not been nor will it be an easy task to fix and unfortunately each and every QB who’s gone under center since 2012 has paid the price. This is seriously self inflicted stupidity and incompetence. I seriously hope that Caserio is up to the challenge.

Last edited: