Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 9 starts in HTown: Eagles vs Texans

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Culley clearly stop gap but Lovie is stop gap 2.0

let the real GM step up and deliver. With these upcoming picks Houston is much more desirable destination for qualified HC who can actually handle modern day Football whether it be up tempo, no huddle or dominating line of scrimmage, stop throwing money at never been or ever will be, head coaches and lock down your franchise staff next 10 years. I’m ready for winning football 🏈

Doc108

Waterboy
Goes hand in hand with his post #446- It's amazing he doesn't dislocate his shoulder patting himself on the back that hard
No I know I just don't see why he's listing off players that are long gone and never played under the current coaching staff lol

Reactions: JB

Doc108

Waterboy

let the real GM step up and deliver. With these upcoming picks Houston is much more desirable destination for qualified HC who can actually handle modern day Football whether it be up tempo, no huddle or dominating line of scrimmage, stop throwing money at never been or ever will be, head coaches and lock down your franchise staff next 10 years. I’m ready for winning football 🏈
100% agree but Lovie will get another year unfortunately.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
"Objection your honor, relevance!"
A good tackler is a good tackler.
I saw that when I scouted JJ.
Granted, the coaches gave him the green flags to go for it when he was with the Texans (sometimes ít looked bad).

But think about ít, why would a DC and a HC give a guy the green light?

They obviously need to scheme around ít.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
No I know I just don't see why he's listing off players that are long gone and never played under the current coaching staff lol
He’s saying there are players that have not learned to tackle. Through high school, college, & even in the NFL there are guys who are talented enough to make a team like ours where evidently the talent pickers don’t value sure tackling

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We’re not getting Carter with Cleveland’s pick unless his stock falls considerably. Their pick is sitting at #9 right now and Watson will be back soon. That pick will most likely be 10 to 15 range.

Carter was top of my list early but the games he played this year he’s been inconsistent. He has disappeared for stretches and on occasions seemed lazy. I’m looking forward to seeing him this week. He should be back to full time starting.

Bresee from Clemson should be back this week as well. I think it’s a tighter race between those two than most believe for the first DT selected.
If this is the case Caserio needs to add a playmaker like Johnston or Washington at 15 and add a DT later in the draft.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Man I remember Mocks where I wanted 1-3 Neal
1-15 Davis
2-33 Williams.

I liked Caserio draft. But I would have liked this draft more.

Build the trenches.
I wanted Williamson at 13, but I was cool wiith Davis too. Every sim mock I did, Pitre was always the pick, but I liked Williams too. I never thought that highly of Neal though. Davis is what he is and that's a good thing, but Lovie isn't going to play with a guy like him unfortunately.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

Maybe the gm is the problem

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Problem is the GM doesnt hire the HC's.

Unless you are fooling yourself and think Culley/Lovie are Caserio hires and if that's the case, then LMAO.
We can agree that the dysfunction thats on kirby now regarding KGH,Cooks,and other cultural leaders are on Caserio, right. He didn't inherit a Cooks problem, he created it like you posted earlier right. During the trade deadline, they could've improved the team with younger talent without giving up the farm right? So what are we really talking about other than you still blaming ownership over decisions the gm makes. I guess the mcnairs told him to keep Burkhead too right.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We can agree that the dysfunction thats on kirby now regarding KGH,Cooks,and other cultural leaders are on Caserio, right. He didn't inherit a Cooks problem, he created it like you posted earlier right. During the trade deadline, they could've improved the team with younger talent without giving up the farm right? So what are we really talking about other than you still blaming ownership over decisions the gm makes. I guess the mcnairs told him to keep Burkhead too right.
Yes I'm blaming him for not paying some of Cooks money to get a 3rd rd pick. Other than that, things like hiring the HC's and signing KGH to a vet min contract then cutting him/doing pick swaps or trading late rd picks taking flyers on guys like Anthony Miller doesn't bother me at all.

No GM bats .1000.

Texansballer74

The Marine
How did he create that problem with Cooks? McNair made the decision to fire Easterby. Cooks unprofessionalism is not on Caserio.

Doc108

Waterboy
In what world do rebuilding teams rebuild with trades at all, let alone trades during the season. Trades for players are for teams in win now mode. Any young talent we may have traded for would have been at a premium that we can’t afford right now.

Also who cares about Rex Burkhead. He was our leading rusher last year, he’s a serviceable secondary back on a one year deal.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
In what world do rebuilding teams rebuild with trades at all, let alone trades during the season. Trades for players are for teams in win now mode. Any young talent we may have traded for would have been at a premium that we can’t afford right now.

Also who cares about Rex Burkhead. He was our leading rusher last year, he’s a serviceable secondary back on a one year deal.
They trade players for picks and if they have to eat cap space to get a top 100 player in the draft, they should do it. I'm wondering if this is how Caserio does things, or is this just another case of Cal being Cal?

Doc108

Waterboy
They trade players for picks and if they have to eat cap space to get a top 100 player in the draft, they should do it. I'm wondering if this is how Caserio does things, or is this just another case of Cal being Cal?
Yes I know, the person I was replying to seemed to want us to trade for players which is not a good idea

Reactions: JB

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Depends what it costs.

In reality it's likely too expensive to be worth the value of a trade but if you get a player you can build around for peanuts......

Texansballer74

The Marine
All the reports of NC wanting a 2 & 4 and not wanting to pay any of Cook's contract next year are coming from the Cowboys. If you believe what Jerrah says, then I have some ocean front property to sell you. Sure, that may be what NC wants, but he would take less.
That’s what Houston media been posting and talking about in the airwaves

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

The problem is he's a 3rd back not a 2nd back. Think of the backup back in the nfl vs Burkhead. You can improve that spot either by draft or free agency. Even during rebuild, you should improve your team regardless. Look at other teams 2nd rb and look at the Texans and rank them. Most of those guys as 2nd rbs are on rookie deals or cheap free agent contracts yet Carsterio decides to bring back a 32 yr old guy with no juice taking up a roster spot for cultural reason.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Now lets blame Cal for the gm shortcomings, right? This is the same gm that traded a 4th Miller and a 6th fr the Cincy bench rider and neither made it into the season. He also traded the mlb for the edge player, restructured the edge player, took on dead cap only to basically cut him right. When there has been a chance to upgrade the roster with either Claypool, Ridley, or even Hockenstein, mute.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Yes I'm blaming him for not paying some of Cooks money to get a 3rd rd pick. Other than that, things like hiring the HC's and signing KGH to a vet min contract then cutting him/doing pick swaps or trading late rd picks taking flyers on guys like Anthony Miller doesn't bother me at all.

No GM bats .1000.
Oh really?

Doc108

Waterboy
The problem is he's a 3rd back not a 2nd back. Think of the backup back in the nfl vs Burkhead. You can improve that spot either by draft or free agency. Even during rebuild, you should improve your team regardless. Look at other teams 2nd rb and look at the Texans and rank them. Most of those guys as 2nd rbs are on rookie deals or cheap free agent contracts yet Carsterio decides to bring back a 32 yr old guy with no juice taking up a roster spot for cultural reason.
We aren't improving our team mid season at the trade deadline by trading for a player, that's just not where we are as a team. Yes I agree you should improve your team but doing it via trading for players just doesn't make any sense for us.

Rex Burkhead is on a cheap 1 year deal that probably couldn't be more inconsequential to the franchise. We're not doing some running back by committee thing here, he's fine as a second option and he's made some plays for us on third down. Such a weird hill to die on

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
yet Carsterio decides to bring back a 32 yr old guy with no juice taking up a roster spot for cultural reason.
I agree he is a 3rd down back. A safety valve for a young QB & truth be told in that role he’s been good to very good more times than not.

As far as being RB2 I’m not so sure we should lay that at Casterio’s feet. He brought in a good stable of options for Lovie to choose from. The HC whittled that position down to Pierce, Hairston, Burkhead, & Ogunbowale and they decided to limit Ogunbowale to STs.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I agree he is a 3rd down back. A safety valve for a young QB & truth be told in that role he’s been good to very good more times than not.

As far as being RB2 I’m not so sure we should lay that at Casterio’s feet. He brought in a good stable of options for Lovie to choose from. The HC whittled that position down to Pierce, Hairston, Burkhead, & Ogunbowale and they decided to limit Ogunbowale to STs.
Didn't you know? The GM not only picks the players, pays the players, treats the players ills and egos he is also responsible for doling out the playing time

76Texan

Hall of Fame

Meh

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
If you create a storm and duck out the way because of the storm, how are you leading an organization?
Ehh….the storm was started when Cooks signed his extension knowing full well this team was gonna be trash in 2022. Lovie was brought into it The minute Cooks started pouting b/c he wasn’t traded and didnt want to go to practice…which DOES put his HC in the position of having to address why his #1 WR is out & not gonna play. If the dude is just a professional, this is a non issue….unless you’re saying that Cooks being a professional and honoring his contract is too much to ask….

Players like to claim leaving in FA for more money is “just business”…well a GM fielding calls on trades for their players is just business too…im sure that happens a helluva lot more than we as fans know about. Just b/c NC did that doesn’t mean he “started” anything. Cooks needs to get out of his feelings & grow the hell up.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Ehh….the storm was started when Cooks signed his extension knowing full well this team was gonna be trash in 2022. Lovie was brought into it The minute Cooks started pouting b/c he wasn’t traded and didnt want to go to practice…which DOES put his HC in the position of having to address why his #1 WR is out & not gonna play. If the dude is just a professional, this is a non issue….unless you’re saying that Cooks being a professional and honoring his contract is too much to ask….

Players like to claim leaving in FA for more money is “just business”…well a GM fielding calls on trades for their players is just business too…im sure that happens a helluva lot more than we as fans know about. Just b/c NC did that doesn’t mean he “started” anything. Cooks needs to get out of his feelings & grow the hell up.
And this is the bottom line. Dude talking about he’s done covering up lies. Lol now you want to throw this organization under the bus because they fired your homie. Nick started entertaining trade requests because of dude couldn’t keep quiet about Easterby. Remember he expressed how he felt when they traded Ingram last year.

edo783

Hall of Fame
Well the good news is that the Lions beat the Packers and that puts us in the spot for the number one pick, for now. I don't see us winning any games any time soon. Strangely enough our next best chance might be when we play the Browns and I expect Watson to really want to win that one. The question is, how rusty will he be. I'm guessing not very.