Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 8: Big Tits in Houston

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
The offense was more fun to watch over other regimes past and present, but the bottom line is the same & the results speak for themselves. No AFCCG appearances...Aside from that, the Kubiak/Smith tandem got 8 years together just to do that..no other combo has had that........ although BoB got close.
Yeah, Thats one measure of success…

Other measures are the amount of quality players they brought in and developed. The high end winning seasons. The fact that they inherited a team devoid of talent and developed a team that a lot of people seriously considered a super bowl contender at one time had Schaub not gotten hurt.

And they did a lot of this at the time when the Division was at its peak.

Again, no other regime has come close to that level of success. OB inherited a team that still had tons of talent and he dismantled it and left the remnants of what we have today. He didn’t develop much of anything. All he did was cuss and make bad trades to get established players because he couldn’t coach anyone up.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

Other measures are the amount of quality players they brought in and developed. The high end winning seasons. The fact that they inherited a team devoid of talent and developed a team that a lot of people seriously considered a super bowl contender at one time had Schaub not gotten hurt.

Again, no other regime has come close to that level of success. OB inherited a team that still had tons of talent and he dismantled it and left the remnants of what we have today. He didn’t develop much of anything. All he did was cuss and make bad trades to get established players because he couldn’t coach anyone up.
Not to mention, Kubiak was in the division with one of the GOAT qb's at his superpower peak also. Who was Bob going against?Blake Bortles, Mettenburger,and Luck as a young dude.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

Sounds like a moral victory…& ok give Kubes/Smith their flowers for that. But its a results driven biz & at the end of the day that moral victory goes by the wayside in view of the on field results…which aren’t any better than the guy who replaced him.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Not to mention, Kubiak was in the division with one of the GOAT qb's at his superpower peak also. Who was Bob going against?Blake Bortles, Mettenburger,and Luck as a young dude.
Nostalgia is a mofo. Kubiak was getting that ass taxed twice a year for 8 years by manning..& his teams REPEATEDLY came up small in primetime games during the regular season as well as the playoffs. Both however ran into the buzz saw of Brady & the Pats in the playoffs…Kubiak never had to face a mahomes tho.

Reactions: JB

austins23

Hall of Fame
Nostalgia is a mofo. Kubiak was getting that ass taxed twice a year for 8 years by manning..& his teams REPEATEDLY came up small in primetime games during the regular season as well as the playoffs. Both however ran into the buzz saw of Brady & the Pats in the playoffs…Kubiak never had to face a mahomes tho.
Kubiak!? Man I glad his DC of early years… was it Smith?? Can’t remember his first name. But can you imagine his defense having to go against Mahomes!?! 😳😳

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Everybody lost to Manning except Hoodie and Brady right? No disagreement about coming up small vs NE either, yet everyone else did also with a couple of exceptions. From 2006 to 2014, how many teams came out the afc besides Brady and Manning? Steelers and Ravens, that's it right? Look, the Texans have yet to have the coach/qb combo which makes the wheel go round along with the gm. The closest they have had was that small era and you can look it up, I wasn't a fan of Schaub either especially after he got hurt. Kubiak basically took the 15 yrd out from the playbook after a couple of pick 6's and a couple of near misses. After that,even though Schaub was still effective because of dre and Foster, the offense became limited. That seems eons ago because the game has changed soo much,aside from this year to a offensive, qb, driven league. Tua looks like a competent qb after they traded away all their high end players, they still won games while rebuilding or did I miss that? They were sorry enough to draft Tua top 5 and still won games right. You can walk and chew bubblegum. The Bengals did the same,right? So again, in a year to year league, it doesn't take 5 years or even 3 years to rebuild because of the parity in the nfl. The Texans have yet to field a team good enough to show promise in 2 years.

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
24 hours(ish) after the Texans latest embarrassment of a performance and I'm still disgusted by what I watched.

Fire them all - sell the team. It's our only hope. We ARE Cleveland/Detroit the Saints (Aint's) of my teenage years - saw a dude wearing a bag at the game yesterday.

Do we have a culture? Yes, bad line play, both sides of the ball.

How many picks, free agents, trades, OL coaches do you need to go through before you can develop a top half of the league unit? There has to be something fundamentally wrong inside that building, Green looked better earlier in the season, the more we "coach" him the worse he's getting. Apparently getting pushed around is the "Texans Way".

Texans "show up, show out" for the fans, it's "throw up, get out".

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I’ve heard that before on this forum but something that always stood out to me at the time was this story:

I just remember when reading this back then and the timing of it, I felt like The team never seriously considered Manning….Especially Kubiak since he was the one joking with Schaub and he is the one who made the final call to bring Schaub in after playing golf with him:

Look, @Corrosion is my guy….but I just find it hard to believe based on what I remember their relationship being likeat the time which was documented through articles that came out over the course of Schaub’s courtship and tenure. Plus, at the end when ownership was pushing for Case to get playing time Kubiak went back to Schaub and it cost him his job in the middle of the season….The man basically gave up his job out of loyalty to the guy. Plus Kubiak obviously had pull with coaching hires and personnel.

But all that aside, The slander on Smith and/or Kubiak at this point where the Texans are at as an organization is just silly.Yeah they both made blunders. Everyone does. Together they were the most competent pair and had by faaaaaarrrrr the most success out of any regime in Texans history. It’s really not even close. This organization should be pining for the days when they can reach the respectability of the Kubiak/Smith era.
I believe him, he doesn't make stuff up. He just tells us what people tell him. BTW, he spent time with the McNair's in their suite back in the day.

I dont pine for the days of mediocrity. It's the absolute worst place to be in.

Reactions: JB

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Jesus H Christ, some of yall are still acting like you're hurt because the Texans are a bad team. Well of course they're a bad team, we knew that going into the season. What did yall expect them to do this year? Win games? I'd like to know how. :lol:

Just pin your hopes on they might have accidently hired the right GM. If Caserio continues to have good drafts, we'll eventually be a good team again. Just not anytime soon. This team is bare bones dry on talent, and it's going to take more than just a year or two.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Jesus H Christ, some of yall are still acting like you're hurt because the Texans are a bad team. Well of course they're a bad team, we knew that going into the season. What did yall expect them to do this year? Win games? I'd like to know how. :lol:

Just pin your hopes on they might have accidently hired the right GM. If Caserio continues to have good drafts, we'll eventually be a good team again. Just not anytime soon. This team is bare bones dry on talent, and it's going to take more than just a year or two.
Titans beat us without a QB, TE, or WR.

I knew we were bad but it upsets me when we can't score 20 pts. 152 yards & an INT against the 31st pass defense.

Took 3.5 qtrs before they realized they couldn't run the ball.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Plus, at the end when ownership was pushing for Case to get playing time Kubiak went back to Schaub and it cost him his job in the middle of the season
Schaub had already been extended by that point... and Keenum had already lost 5 straight for Kubiak by then.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Nope, Janice and Easterby wanted McCown.

He wanted Gannon.
Remind us again how his guy Easterby had more pull than he did? You mean to tell me he couldn't refuse to give McCown 3 interviews? You mean to tell me he wanted Gannon,but he didn't get Gannon? Tell us why Gannon didn't take the job, I got time.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Everybody lost to Manning except Hoodie and Brady right? No disagreement about coming up small vs NE either, yet everyone else did also with a couple of exceptions. From 2006 to 2014, how many teams came out the afc besides Brady and Manning? Steelers and Ravens, that's it right? Look, the Texans have yet to have the coach/qb combo which makes the wheel go round along with the gm. The closest they have had was that small era and you can look it up, I wasn't a fan of Schaub either especially after he got hurt. Kubiak basically took the 15 yrd out from the playbook after a couple of pick 6's and a couple of near misses. After that,even though Schaub was still effective because of dre and Foster, the offense became limited. That seems eons ago because the game has changed soo much,aside from this year to a offensive, qb, driven league. Tua looks like a competent qb after they traded away all their high end players, they still won games while rebuilding or did I miss that? They were sorry enough to draft Tua top 5 and still won games right. You can walk and chew bubblegum. The Bengals did the same,right? So again, in a year to year league, it doesn't take 5 years or even 3 years to rebuild because of the parity in the nfl. The Texans have yet to field a team good enough to show promise in 2 years.
Tallest midget theory. Just b/c that “small era” was the best we’ve ever seen here from a coach/qb/GM synchronization, doesnt mean that it was top shelf…there were still a bunch of misses in the draft that wound up costing this team down the road on into the BoB era..where it continued. Basically every draft from 2007 to 2011 were absolute disasters outside of the 1st round picks. There were still a ton of FA acquisitions that were terrible that cost this team.…where we’d struggle to win big games early in the season then turn it up late only to Juuusstt fall short of getting in the playoffs with an 8-8…fooling everyone into believing we were turning the corner….only to rinse and repeat the same pattern the next year.

the revisionist history about the kubiak era is going a bit too far and at the end of the day, the records speak for themselves during that time.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Remind us again how his guy Easterby had more pull than he did? You mean to tell me he couldn't refuse to give McCown 3 interviews? You mean to tell me he wanted Gannon,but he didn't get Gannon? Tell us why Gannon didn't take the job, I got time.
Why are you ignoring the Janice factor? Easterby wasn't Caserio's guy, Caserio was Easterby's guy. You see who is gone and who's still here. Lovie was a forced hire after the Florio lawsuit. This how the narrative goes on all those points is my understanding

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Tallest midget theory. Just b/c that “small era” was the best we’ve ever seen here from a coach/qb/GM synchronization, doesnt mean that it was top shelf…there were still a bunch of misses in the draft that wound up costing this team down the road on into the BoB era..where it continued. Basically every draft from 2007 to 2011 were absolute disasters outside of the 1st round picks. There were still a ton of FA acquisitions that were terrible that cost this team.…where we’d struggle to win big games early in the season then turn it up late only to Juuusstt fall short of getting in the playoffs with an 8-8…fooling everyone into believing we were turning the corner….only to rinse and repeat the same pattern the next year.

the revisionist history about the kubiak era is going a bit too far and at the end of the day, the records speak for themselves during that time.
I think you like arguing even though I'm agreeing with most of your points. If you continue to miss on the 1st rd, high capital picks, you get fired with the quickness. You act like hitting on 1st rd picks is easy. Its not, probably the most difficult thing to do even the late 1st rd picks. Those later round picks are valuable also in team building, but there were guys the Texans from up top were never going to draft in the 3rd and 4th rds who were 1st rd talents. I bring this up all the time, there is no way Brooks Reed should've been drafted in front of Justin Houston or Kevin Johnson in front of Peters. Hell, Dez Bryant was sitting right there in their face as a compliment to AJ and they chose Kareem because of off field transgressions. That's just the way Texans operate. Just don't over blow it because Slaton , pre injury was a 1200 rusher as a rookie. Tate and Foster ,one undrafted and 1 second round pick, were very productive players. AJ Bouye was a good player as was Glover Quinn who they let go in his prime was better rhan the washed up Ed Reed.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Why are you ignoring the Janice factor? Easterby wasn't Caserio's guy, Caserio was Easterby's guy. You see who is gone and who's still here. Lovie was a forced hire after the Florio lawsuit. This how the narrative goes on all those points is my understanding
Because posters are throwing Janice in their without even knowing her role in the process. Caserio was the gm meaning he controls the hire's, draft picks, interview process , all of that. He picked Culley and his entire staff. When he was hired, who did they interview for the job? The only guys who got multiple interviews, nobody in the league were interviewing. Either you lead or follow. If they don't like the way you're doing the job, you walk away and go back to Patriots way. All I hear is how handcuffed he is or was with hiring coaches and stuff, but never heard such a thing when Smith was gm. Cry me a freaking river

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I think you like arguing even though I'm agreeing with most of your points. If you continue to miss on the 1st rd, high capital picks, you get fired with the quickness. You act like hitting on 1st rd picks is easy. Its not, probably the most difficult thing to do even the late 1st rd picks. Those later round picks are valuable also in team building, but there were guys the Texans from up top were never going to draft in the 3rd and 4th rds who were 1st rd talents. I bring this up all the time, there is no way Brooks Reed should've been drafted in front of Justin Houston or Kevin Johnson in front of Peters. Hell, Dez Bryant was sitting right there in their face as a compliment to AJ and they chose Kareem because of off field transgressions. That's just the way Texans operate. Just don't over blow it because Slaton , pre injury was a 1200 rusher as a rookie. Tate and Foster ,one undrafted and 1 second round pick, were very productive players. AJ Bouye was a good player as was Glover Quinn who they let go in his prime was better rhan the washed up Ed Reed.
it aint about that bro just tired of hearing how things were so much better with Kubiak..revisionist history they really weren’t Dude went thru 3 D coordinators. Drafts and FA acquisitions were largely terrible and overall he fielded some fairly shitty teams through his 8 years…. people just tend to overlook that b/c the team was more entertaining to watch offensively for the most part...that and fan sentiment and patience was much higher back then b/c the team was so young..thats mostly what it was.

Right now you dont have any of that and that’s exactly what is needed while this team undergoes this rebuild. The 1st full draft has shown promise…& really thats all you can really ask for at this point. Grin and bear the bad football until then.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
it aint about that bro just tired of hearing how things were so much better with Kubiak..revisionist history they really weren’t Dude went thru 3 D coordinators. Drafts and FA acquisitions were largely terrible and overall he fielded some fairly shitty teams through his 8 years…. people just tend to overlook that b/c the team was more entertaining to watch offensively for the most part...that and fan sentiment and patience was much higher back then b/c the team was so young..thats mostly what it was.
They weren't that entertaining, they just knew who they were and what they did best. Kubiak was loyal to a fault with the dc's, especially Smith who was terrible. They had an offensive system to which they didn't have to keep spending resources on the oline. I would've liked to see him get another shot with another qb, but it didn't happen that way, but what they did do was identify their qb pretty quickly vs what O'Brien was doing. No ring , no glory. He got one with a broken down Manning even though Carolina had the better team. Its in the past,past.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Lol exactly. Good summary

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Not when the owner of the team (Janice) wanted to hire McCown. Caserio wanted Gannon and Janice/Cal settled on Lovie. Cal had to talk his mother into hiring Lovie. No need to further discuss this, your mind is obviously made up.

LOL, you think Caserio wanted to hire Lovie. Please tell me you really dont believe this and just like trolling me.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Hey you also got to add in the defense/ defensive coordinator. They would have a good offense but the defense would be trash. Then when they finally got a defense, the offense would squat the bed. The injury bug would strike and strike hard.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Not when the owner of the team (Janice) wanted to hire McCown. Caserio wanted Gannon and Janice/Cal settled on Lovie. Cal had to talk his mother into hiring Lovie. No need to further discuss this, your mind is obviously made up.

LOL, you think Caserio wanted to hire Lovie. Please tell me you really dont believe this and just like trolling me.
I beleive Caserio wanted Gannon, but Gannon didn't want to be told who could be on his staff. I believe Caserio is weak because he interviewed a non factor 3 times. They ran out of options because of esterbe and Caserio weakness and bending the knee to him. Once Lovie was hired because he had the team over a bucket, he got to hire the staff he wanted as his last paychecks. I don't believe Mrs McNair gave 2 $hits about who they interviewed or hired as coach.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Heck yeah I’m hurt. I’m old now so before I go I would like for my team to finally when a super bowl. The darn Cowturds looking like a freaking contender. I hate the Titans and their fans and we just got embarrassed monkey stumped all over the field. Brother this is by far the worst NFL team I’ve seen in all the years I’ve been watching pro football. So heck yeah I’m pissed. Man we’re the biggest laughing stock in the NFL

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Yep, RS biggest mistake was drafting Cunningham over the Bills long time starting LT Dawkins. That mistake lead to 5 or 6 sucky LT's before BOB sold the farm for Tunsil. Thing is there was a coach on this MB that was a draftnik that tried to tell everybody how good Dawkins was and was going to be.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I beleive Caserio wanted Gannon, but Gannon didn't want to be told who could be on his staff. I believe Caserio is weak because he interviewed a non factor 3 times. They ran out of options because of esterbe and Caserio weakness and bending the knee to him. Once Lovie was hired because he had the team over a bucket, he got to hire the staff he wanted as his last paychecks. I don't believe Mrs McNair gave 2 $hits about who they interviewed or hired as coach.
That exactly who he wanted but Cal wanted them to keep Lovie as his DC.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Yep, RS biggest mistake was drafting Cunningham over the Bills long time starting LT Dawkins. That mistake lead to 5 or 6 sucky LT's before BOB sold the farm for Tunsil. Thing is there was a coach on this MB that was a draftnik that tried to tell everybody how good Dawkins was and was going to be.
Where did you have Dawkins being drafted? It wouldn't have mattered because as we can see and watched it for a minute, BoB nor his staff can develop players. People on this board would've been talking about Dakins like they do Tunsil and the right tackle.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Because posters are throwing Janice in their without even knowing her role in the process. Caserio was the gm meaning he controls the hire's, draft picks, interview process , all of that. He picked Culley and his entire staff. When he was hired, who did they interview for the job? The only guys who got multiple interviews, nobody in the league were interviewing. Either you lead or follow. If they don't like the way you're doing the job, you walk away and go back to Patriots way. All I hear is how handcuffed he is or was with hiring coaches and stuff, but never heard such a thing when Smith was gm. Cry me a freaking river
Oh, so this is really all about RS for you. I see.

RS 1st HC (Kubiak) was the reason RS got the job in the 1st place, so that doesn't really count. Then the McNair's hired BOB who was oil and water when it came to RS. Regardless of RS hiring his own HC he would've failed due to his lack of drafting acumen. Bob McNair was the defacto GM. Anyways this doesn't matter now, what matters is, are Janice and Cal going to let the man they say they trust to run their franchise pick the HC of his choosing. BTW, Gannons Eagles defense is looking pretty good right now.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Where did you have Dawkins being drafted? It wouldn't have mattered because as we can see and watched it for a minute, BoB nor his staff can develop players. People on this board would've been talking about Dakins like they do Tunsil and the right tackle.
2nd rd.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Oh, so this is really all about RS for you. I see.

RS 1st HC (Kubiak) was the reason RS got the job in the 1st place, so that doesn't really count. Then the McNair's hired BOB who was oil and water when it came to RS. Regardless of RS hiring his own HC he would've failed due to his lack of drafting acumen. Bob McNair was the defacto GM. Anyways this doesn't matter now, what matters is, are Janice and Cal going to let the man they say they trust to run their franchise pick the HC of his choosing. BTW, Gannons Eagles defense is looking pretty good right now.
Maybe Caserio stop trying to fill the coaches staff with who he wants like he knows. If Gannon would've gotten to say who coaches under him, then the team would be further in the rebuild. In terms of Smith, they should've did just like they did with Casserly and said so at the time. Let him finish the draft and let him go. Just like once they fired BOB, they should've fired everyone and started over vs having Kelly and RAC still here advising or whatever RAC was doing.

vtech9

All Pro
Maybe Caserio stop trying to fill the coaches staff with who he wants like he knows. If Gannon would've gotten to say who coaches under him, then the team would be further in the rebuild. In terms of Smith, they should've did just like they did with Casserly and said so at the time. Let him finish the draft and let him go. Just like once they fired BOB, they should've fired everyone and started over vs having Kelly and RAC still here advising or whatever RAC was doing.
I'm pretty sure it was the McNair's that wanted to keep Lovie. Caserio's hands were tied.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Naw McNair wanted Lovie and a few others to stay on the staff. Caserio wanted to add his boys and Pep added his peeps. Bottom line we’re doing thing ash backwards
Backwards from the way most teams do it. But most teams don't win the Super Bowl.

Yes there are these upstarts that shoot up out of nowhere. Catching lightning in a bottle. But that's really rolling the dice. Didn't work too well in Arizona & I'm starting to think it won't in LA (Chargers).

To build a dynasty you need long term coaches. Lose an offensive coordinator, promote from within, lose another, promote from within, loose another, etc...

KC is building a dynasty, SF is trying, Pittsburgh has a dynasty, well, they had a dynasty.

I agree with Caserio, I won't bring in a Culley or Gannon & let them bring in their own staff. A Lovie Smith could, a Leslie Frazier could, Jim Caldwell could...

Continuity in the coaching staff is more important, imo, than drafting high.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Backwards from the way most teams do it. But most teams don't win the Super Bowl.

Yes there are these upstarts that shoot up out of nowhere. Catching lightning in a bottle. But that's really rolling the dice. Didn't work too well in Arizona & I'm starting to think it won't in LA (Chargees).

To build a dynasty you need long term coaches. Lose an offensive coordinator, promote from within, lose another, promote from within, loose another, etc...

KC is building a dynasty, SF is trying, Pittsburgh has a dynasty, well, they had a dynasty.

I agree with Caserio, I won't bring in a Culley or Gannon & let them bring in their own staff. A Lovie Smith could, a Leslie Frazier could, Jim Caldwell could...

Depends on who you're drafting. If you're drafting a Manning or Elway not so much. In general I agree with you though.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Sounds like a moral victory…& ok give Kubes/Smith their flowers for that. But its a results driven biz & at the end of the day that moral victory goes by the wayside in view of the on field results…which aren’t any better than the guy who replaced him.
The same must applies for Nick Caserio then.
This team should have been an improvement over the one from last year.

Instead, it looks worse, even with Tunsil back and surprising production from DP so far.

I cringe when thinking of the team without Pierce.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

The AFC South was much stronger during those years.

Texans got some bad luck with Spencer, Mario's turf toe, Clowney because he's from McNair's Alma Mater, Okoye when Kubiak had little to no idea what a good D-lineman prospect should be, Cushing PED, Foster and Tate being injured in the same year, Slaton's concussions, Sam Montgomery and what'shisname snafu, Ed Reed...

The fact is Kubiak left O'Brian with a good core.
Bob even get several comp picks out of Kubiak's players.
That alone should tell you about the state of the team under Kubiak.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
They weren't that entertaining, they just knew who they were and what they did best. Kubiak was loyal to a fault with the dc's, especially Smith who was terrible. They had an offensive system to which they didn't have to keep spending resources on the oline. I would've liked to see him get another shot with another qb, but it didn't happen that way, but what they did do was identify their qb pretty quickly vs what O'Brien was doing. No ring , no glory. He got one with a broken down Manning even though Carolina had the better team. Its in the past,past.
I wished they didn't extend Schaub and drafted Wilson instead.
With Wilson and Keenum, they would have been able to handle 2012, 2013 just nicely

76Texan

Hall of Fame

Yes there are these upstarts that shoot up out of nowhere. Catching lightning in a bottle. But that's really rolling the dice. Didn't work too well in Arizona & I'm starting to think it won't in LA (Chargees).

The Steelers lost TJ Watt and they have been playing a brutal schedule.
Their division is strong.
If they were in the AFC South, I think they would still be contending.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Let me ask you if you love the Kubiak mediocrity and would like some more?

Caserio's had 2 yrs on the job and one full draft that was a really good draft and you've already declared him a failure. With those skills I would think you would be out celebrating the billion dollar lotto win tonight instead of the excuse making you're doing on here.

Texansballer74

The Marine
The same must applies for Nick Caserio then.
This team should have been an improvement over the one from last year.

Instead, it looks worse, even with Tunsil back and surprising production from DP so far.

I cringe when thinking of the team without Pierce.
When the coaching is this bad, you can not expect improvement. Do you see how bad Mills has regressed? The defense has gotten worser. The only improvement is the running game

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Wow. This thread is a real indicator of the sad state of our favorite NFL team. In a game thread, we have mentioned Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak as much if not more than the terrible play we saw this week.

IMHO. The losing is expected. However, I was expecting to see some improvement from the players and coaching staff. Right now, this team appears similar to Culley's team and might even be worst. So, at the end of the day, what was the point in firing Culley after one season?

Texansballer74

The Marine
Wow. This thread is a real indicator of the sad state of our favorite NFL team. In a game thread, we have mentioned Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak as much if not more than the terrible play we saw this week.

IMHO. The losing is expected. However, I was expecting to see some improvement from the players and coaching staff. Right now, this team appears similar to Culley's team and might even be worst. So, at the end of the day, what was the point in firing Culley after one season?
A few of those games early on they should’ve won. But like you stated Culley’s team was better than this crap. The main reason he’s gone is because he bucked the system. He wanted to keep Tim Kelly as his OC. The plan was to promote Pep to that position. Shoots Kelly is better than Pep too. Lol

vtech9

All Pro
A few of those games early on they should’ve won. But like you stated Culley’s team was better than this crap. The main reason he’s gone is because he bucked the system. He wanted to keep Tim Kelly as his OC. The plan was to promote Pep to that position. Shoots Kelly is better than Pep too. Lol
Very sad, but true. I've been wondering if we would've been better if we would have kept Culley and TK. Lovie and Pep damned sure aren't the answer.